Forum Problems

Please use this thread to feedback about any forum problems you encounter.

Problems we are currently working on are the inability to upload an avatar using an ios device (clicking on the button) doesn't do anything - this fault has been logged with the forum software company.

Also, visitor messages and some threads currently have html tags in them such as '<p>' again, this fas been logged as a fault and I'm awaiting a response.

Also, the site is very much a work in progress and additional functionality will be added over the coming weeks, however, it was important to reopen the site as we can work on these issues with the site 'live'.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cerberus1 said:

Please use this thread to feedback about any forum problems you encounter.

Problems we are currently working on are the inability to upload an avatar using an ios device (clicking on the button) doesn't do anything - this fault has been logged with the forum software company.

Also, visitor messages and some threads currently have html tags in them such as '<p>' again, this fas been logged as a fault and I'm awaiting a response.

Also, the site is very much a work in progress and additional functionality will be added over the coming weeks, however, it was important to reopen the site as we can work on these issues with the site 'live'.

We had previously bookmarked certain topics on the parents thread that would be useful to us, however since the site has been updated , we cannot now link to the pages concerned. Any ideas on finding them?

Geoff & Gill

Hi Rob great looking update to the site, when i posted earlier i tried twice to upload an image and it did upload but produced two images for display, i just tried again and it looks fine now could it be my connection or the sites new start up glitches?

Guest The Pom Queen
1 hour ago, Melbpom said:

Hi, Great to see the site back online. A quick query though, there used to be a private forum for MBTTUK, has this been discontinued?

Unfortunately the private forum wasn't used enough so it was merged with the Moving Back to the UK section which was expanded.

Guest The Pom Queen
1 minute ago, Sunset said:

Hi Rob great looking update to the site, when i posted earlier i tried twice to upload an image and it did upload but produced two images for display, i just tried again and it looks fine now could it be my connection or the sites new start up glitches?

I know when I uploaded photos yesterday I clicked the 'click to choose files' 

IMG_2280.thumb.PNG.812813a3bd0ced54fa4659834e748d24.PNG

I think this just ads it as an attachment, but then if you click on the + it ads it to the post.

I may be wrong though as I'm also experimenting lol

Yes thats the route i used also, works fine this morning but in the night it loaded and produced a double post might have been the phone connection? Working now so all's good.

4 minutes ago, calNgary said:

How do we 'like' posts? At the bottom of some its saying they have been liked but i cant see a 'Like Button' anywhere. What am i missing ?lol

Cal x

I see a little blue box that has a heart in it and "like this" written with it.IMG_0842.thumb.PNG.da7e89763c2c1af13d619c439e57ab77.PNG

Thanks for all your hard work on the forum, I hope it hasn't driven you to drink!

Two comments on the new site:

i) I have made 1 post in the MBTTUK section about ToR process. It has a green pin next to it , no idea why I did not try to pin it.

2) In the old site you could click on "new posts" and anything new since last log in came up. I can't see an equivalent is this added functionality yet to be added?

2 hours ago, ScottieGirl said:

Thanks for all your hard work on the forum, I hope it hasn't driven you to drink!

Two comments on the new site:

i) I have made 1 post in the MBTTUK section about ToR process. It has a green pin next to it , no idea why I did not try to pin it.

2) In the old site you could click on "new posts" and anything new since last log in came up. I can't see an equivalent is this added functionality yet to be added?

1) More than likely, one of the forum moderators pinned the post, so not a problem.

2) At the top right of the pages, there is an 'unread content' link which should give you the same type of view.

unread.jpg.34ed0c7f74afa868cf363c754a8a9133.jpg

Cerberus1.  Thanks for your reply.  Well, the Unread Contents box seems to have disappeared.  Did find it yesterday, but not today, maybe I'm starting from the wrong part.  The original New Posts was more straightforward to use ( for me anyway ) can't see others having any difficulties though, so must be my age!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, carob said:

Cerberus1.  Thanks for your reply.  Well, the Unread Contents box seems to have disappeared.  Did find it yesterday, but not today, maybe I'm starting from the wrong part.  The original New Posts was more straightforward to use ( for me anyway ) can't see others having any difficulties though, so must be my age!!

Another way to access it is to press the 'Activity' button/option in the top menu bar. Then choose the 'unread content' option below it

• Like 1

I cant seem to find the 'sent messages' folder....any ideas?

I sent a PM yesterday and the person replied today saying they got a notification saying id sent them a message (which I had) but they couldnt find it and could I resend...but i cant find it to resend.

Thanks

52 minutes ago, wattsy1982 said:

I sent a PM yesterday and the person replied today saying they got a notification saying id sent them a message (which I had) but they couldnt find it and could I resend...but i cant find it to resend.

Thanks

I created a new folder, titled it Sent, did a test message and massage sent to me and the recipient. I then selected the message in Inbox and selected to move to the sent folder, although as I had sent it to myself it was there in the in box iygwim. 

Tbh looking at the PM system, I kind of prefer it if I send myself a copy also and can see them all there on one page. Doubt I'll use folders in this format as it's very un-forum looking compared to the old site. It's more like a tapatalk set up which I may go and install again once PIO is set up for it. 

I'm sure Cerberus will add on features as we go so chances are a sent folder will be added for everyone and it'll automatically save to there if you set it to. 

1 hour ago, wattsy1982 said:

Thanks

Actually, looking at the PM system it's like a messenger set up now so you can view as a conversation (ie like FB messenger). I did a few tests and can see the entire convo I sent from my inbox and see who the convo is between and expand and collapse it etc.