You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Target Australia is the second company to be accused of exploiting Queensland's clean water shortage after putting a $72 price tag on a 24 pack of 600ml spring water bottles.

A picture of the water bottles was taken at a Target store in ex-Cyclone Debbie ravaged Bowen, Queensland.

Natalie Maher posted the picture to Facebook and said she thought the price was a mistake, however it was confirmed by a worker.

A picture of 24 600ml water bottles being sold for $72 was taken at a Target store in ex-Cyclone Debbie ravaged Bowen, Queensland.
  • SHARE PICTURE
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

+5

A picture of 24 600ml water bottles being sold for $72 was taken at a Target store in ex-Cyclone Debbie ravaged Bowen, Queensland.

• Like 1

I'm liking the post but so angry right now I'm just in the process of making my own thread

• Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

combine the two if associated - the whole idea of community just goes out the window when you read crap like that from businesses. 

people should look into the background of things before going off on a rant. the bottles are normally $3 per bottle. so a slab of 24×3=72. after all the fuss over nothing the price per bottle has been reduced to $1. sometimes social media is a really bad thing the way people go off.

• Like 1

Target has always been over priced for what it is- that is why it is on its way down.

• Like 1

I saw that on Facebook but everyone said it was hoax and i thought there was no way on earth Target would mark up like that, not over here they wouldnt get away with it. Is it really true or did someone just stick on there.

Cal x

• Like 1

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

https://www.gladstoneobserver.com.au/news/target-says-sorry-72-water-bowen/3162607/

But a Target spokeswoman said the $72 sign was a "misunderstanding" at the Bowen store and no 24 cases were sold for that price.

"It was an unfortunate misunderstanding at store level. A worker thought they were helping the community by selling the water by the slab," she said.

"But we don't sell water by the slab, only individually."

The spokeswoman said the bottles of water are usually $3 each, but had been reduced to $1 a bottle to help the Bowen community.

• Like 2

The independent reports that a spokesperson for target apologised for the error.

I agree with @Booma that social media can really destroy a business when stories like this surface but without the true facts.

Saying that I just read a story about a cleaning company in Airlie Beach who as closed their own business and is helping clean people's homes etc free of charge, now people like this deserve a mention and when everything gets back to normal I hope social media remembers this lady and her business goes from strength to strength. 

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.