Broadband in Sydney

olikowalewski

Hi just a quick one

Can anyone in Sydney or in particular the Sutherland shire area recommend a broadband provider? There's so many to choose from, I don't know who to go with! I know the internet isn't the best in Sydney, feeling we were a bit spoilt in the UK, but I don't want to sign up to a contract if they are really bad

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If it helps, it's just me and the mrs, and it would mostly be used for streaming movies and music...thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest The Pom Queen

Can you get NBN? 

If it's broadband then they all use Telstra so although it's more expensive BigPond are usually the best.

We're in Sutherland Shire and use Telstra.  We don't get very good TV reception where we are for some reason, so we use it to stream Netflix, iTunes movies/TV etc and don't often have any trouble.  We are one of the furthest suburbs from the exchange, so if you happen to be closer it would probably be much quicker.  Having said that, that is only my experience with it.  Are you a member of the 'Everything Sutherland Shire' Facebook page?  You could ask on there to see if anyone in your actual suburb could suggest a provider.

I think that some of the suburbs in Sutherland Shire are getting NBN from next year.  I'm sure I read something about it the other week.  

There are a couple of local groups.  The other one is 'Everybody's Sutherland Shire', which is smaller but perhaps a bit friendlier than the other.  Otherwise there may well be even more local ones, for example there is a Heathcote/Engadine group, and also a 'Sutherland Shire Buy Sell Swap' group.

• 1 month later...