Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

In a bid to boost land supply and make housing more affordable, the Victorian Government has planned 17 new suburbs across Melbourne which will provide 100,000 lots within two years.

The Victorian Planning Authority on its website said the rezoning of 100,000 lots within two years in key growth corridors spread in seven of Melbourne’s growth councils will help tackle housing affordability head on.

The planning of these 17 new suburbs will roll out over the next two years.

suburbs

NEW SUBURBS:

West of Melbourne: Quandong, Tarneit Plains, Kororoit, Mt Atkinson, Plumpton

North-west of Melbourne: Lancefield Rd Sunbury, Sunbury South

North of Melbourne: Lindum Vale, Beveridge North West, Beveridge Central, Donnybrook and Woodstock, Wollert, Northern Quarries

South-east of Melbourne: Minta Farm, Pakenham East, McPherson

The new suburbs will have all the amenities like town centres, schools, open public spaces and key infrastructure when people move in, the State Government said.

"I think that's what's so important about a steady land supply going forward, but also quality planned environments for people who are going to live here," Planning Minister Richard Wynne said

Yep, but what about the infrastructure, they never role it out at the same time.   So you move to the knew suburb and when your children leave school we get infrastructure in the suburb.    We got a primary school and a high school where I live after my children had left school.  

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen
On 05/04/2017 at 3:46 AM, Beffers said:

And is it true that they're looking at a third airport out Pakenham way? I know they're extending Avalon... 

They have been saying that for years but never done anything about it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-4-2 at 2:41 PM, The Pom Queen said:

In a bid to boost land supply and make housing more affordable, the Victorian Government has planned 17 new suburbs across Melbourne which will provide 100,000 lots within two years.

The Victorian Planning Authority on its website said the rezoning of 100,000 lots within two years in key growth corridors spread in seven of Melbourne’s growth councils will help tackle housing affordability head on.

The planning of these 17 new suburbs will roll out over the next two years.

suburbs

NEW SUBURBS:

West of Melbourne: Quandong, Tarneit Plains, Kororoit, Mt Atkinson, Plumpton

North-west of Melbourne: Lancefield Rd Sunbury, Sunbury South

North of Melbourne: Lindum Vale, Beveridge North West, Beveridge Central, Donnybrook and Woodstock, Wollert, Northern Quarries

South-east of Melbourne: Minta Farm, Pakenham East, McPherson

The new suburbs will have all the amenities like town centres, schools, open public spaces and key infrastructure when people move in, the State Government said.

"I think that's what's so important about a steady land supply going forward, but also quality planned environments for people who are going to live here," Planning Minister Richard Wynne said

The land at Lancefield road that is being built on is my father in laws land. It all finalises next summer, so they will probably start building on it end of 2018 early 2019.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, more tiny, crappy blocks in the back of beyond. Land should be dirt cheap in Oz but zoning of land for subdivision is strictly controlled -  keeping prices artificially high. There is plenty of land much closer to amenities and infrastructure already in place but council's won't rezone because of greenie pressure. I would love to be able to subdivide my 8 acres in the City of Frankston and sell the blocks for half the price the land rats are selling for.