Can I take ......

Barry1986

We just scrubbed everything and wiped it in jeyes fluid.

I'm not even convinced that they moved anything in our box, as the way I packed it seemed untouched.

Anyway leave things like tools and bikes at the front so they can check them easily. I wouldn't worry about pollen going on things after cleaning.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
18 minutes ago, BigJoe said:

Please don't laugh.

But can I take quite a large Ammonites fossiil that I have since I was a boy? I presume as long as it has been well cleaned this should be OK?

Yes should be fine, just clean it, make sure the box is labelled and declare it for customs. They may want to inspect shell/rock items. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigJoe said:

Please don't laugh.

But can I take quite a large Ammonites fossiil that I have since I was a boy? I presume as long as it has been well cleaned this should be OK?

We bought two dinasaur dung fossils over with our shipping , no problems, mind you we did not declare them

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
8 minutes ago, BigJoe said:

Hi again, I know Australia is strict on bring wood in, but I presume frames pictures that have a wood frame will be ok?

Yes this won't be a problem. The important thing is to just itemise/label any boxes clearly stating the contents. In this case, picture frames (wood). 

My belongings just arrived a couple weeks ago and we had a lot of wood items. All got through OK. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bicek said:

Yes this won't be a problem. The important thing is to just itemise/label any boxes clearly stating the contents. In this case, picture frames (wood). 

My belongings just arrived a couple weeks ago and we had a lot of wood items. All got through OK. 

Many thanks for the quick reply, may I ask who you used for shipping?

26 minutes ago, BigJoe said:

Many thanks for the quick reply, may I ask who you used for shipping?

I used Sevenseas MoveCubes so I self packed and had to fill out all the customs paperwork myself. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've just started researching what looks to be a nightmare on how and what to take. One company said our TVs need to have wooden boxes to transport them at a cost of £250 each! Is this the same with all companies?

5 minutes ago, laf said:

I've just started researching what looks to be a nightmare on how and what to take. One company said our TVs need to have wooden boxes to transport them at a cost of £250 each! Is this the same with all companies?

Or the original packaging. They are easily damaged otherwise.  Saying that I packed my sons in a box altered to fit and made sure screen was secured with nothin touching it. Then packed in move cube. No issues still works fine. The cube was fully packed with any gaps filled with cushions or towels.  Nothing could move inside.

26 minutes ago, laf said:

It won't be the same for all companies.  However if you don't want to pack them in a wooden box OR their original packaging, leave them behind. They're only going to arrive broken otherwise.

52 minutes ago, laf said:

Regardless of the packaging I wouldn't take it anyway.

1. The tuners are different here - you might not get all the channels (if any?)
2. If it's a smart TV most of them can't be changed to a new region. You might be stuck with the British apps that you can't use in Australia and unable to install Australian apps.

7 hours ago, JetBlast said:

Regardless of the packaging I wouldn't take it anyway.

1. The tuners are different here - you might not get all the channels (if any?)
2. If it's a smart TV most of them can't be changed to a new region. You might be stuck with the British apps that you can't use in Australia and unable to install Australian apps.

Brought my TVs and had no issues.

• Like 1

On 04/07/2022 at 08:09, Marisawright said:

It won't be the same for all companies.  However if you don't want to pack them in a wooden box OR their original packaging, leave them behind. They're only going to arrive broken otherwise.

Ours were fine, just well packed by the professionals I guess.