Hey guys,

Does anyone know what the process is if the Nomination and Application are submitted together, submitted as DRC, and submitted online.

My MA said that they got an instant confirmation when they submitted online. Does this mean anything? Or does is it just the online system verifying the submission?

Why I ask:

I asked my MA to keep me updated on any correspondence. It was submitted exactly two months ago but they have not said anything to me yet.

If I was meant to get a "Nomination Received" or "Nomination Approval" in that time, I can go back and kick their ass about it. I have to go through these guys because my company uses them, and as result they are pretty complacent about providing a good customer service.

Cheers

Guest geogoann
Hey guys,

Does anyone know what the process is if the Nomination and Application are submitted together, submitted as DRC, and submitted online.

My MA said that they got an instant confirmation when they submitted online. Does this mean anything? Or does is it just the online system verifying the submission?

Why I ask:

I asked my MA to keep me updated on any correspondence. It was submitted exactly two months ago but they have not said anything to me yet.

If I was meant to get a "Nomination Received" or "Nomination Approval" in that time, I can go back and kick their ass about it. I have to go through these guys because my company uses them, and as result they are pretty complacent about providing a good customer service.

Cheers

yes, you should have got your confirmation letter by now. Mine took 9 weeks.

lodged both nomination & application on the 23rd.

got confirmation on the 29th Oct

I called yesterday and they said that the I would get news in 4/6 weeks after confirmation if the application is DRC via a MA.

Mine was lodged through the Parametta office and they had an issue with the new online system.

hope that helps.

Hi all,

Does anyone know how DIAC treats applications that are submitted complete with a checklist but not certified as Decision Ready by a Migration Agent? It seems that prior to July 1st there were 2 different DRC checklists, one for use by Migration Agents and one for use by applicants. However, now the website only seems to have an agent checklist. My employer advised me that I could apply Decision Ready by compiling all the documents in advance of lodgement and attaching a checklist, which I did. But now I am wondering whether that is correct. In the auto-replys from DIAC, which have been posted earlier on this thread, the DIAC only mentions priority for agent certified DRC applications, not for general DRC applications. There does not seem to be any information as to how long a general DRC application should take, and I fear that I have wasted months doing my police checks, etc, in advance if my application is not even getting any priority for that.

In general, while I have nothing against Migration Agents, who provide a valuable service, I find it extremely unfair that DIAC seems to discriminate against applications filed by an individual, who are relegated to the back of a long queue even if they do everything correctly. At the very least, the DIAC should provide clear information about the processing times for various types of applications, so applicants know in advance whether they need to hire a Migration Agent in order to get their applications processed in a timely manner.

Overall, this has been a hugely frustrating experience. Like some other recent posters, I finally got my acknowledgement email after 9 weeks (though the website has said it would come within 10 working days). The letter said they prefer to be contacted with enquiries by email, but of course did not include an e-mail address. The DIAC website also has a Contact Us page which doesnt include an e-mail address, and a contact form which doesnt allow you to write a question, but only to select a pre-written question to which they e-mail you a pre-written answer (which makes no sense whatsoever - how is this pre-written question / pre-written answwer e-mail charade any better than a FAQ?). When I finally found an e-mail address for what appeared to be the right office, all I got in response were auto-replys, as others have posted here. Where does the exorbitant $3000 that one pays for a simple visa application go if they dont even hire enough people to process the applications or have any customer service?

Meanwhile Ive been waiting over 3 months with no end in sight or any idea of when I will get a case officer. I am supposed to start my new job in a couple of months but of course cant make any moving plans until the visa is sorted out. This sucks.

Hi all,

Does anyone know how DIAC treats applications that are submitted complete with a checklist but not certified as Decision Ready by a Migration Agent? It seems that prior to July 1st there were 2 different DRC checklists, one for use by Migration Agents and one for use by applicants. However, now the website only seems to have an agent checklist. My employer advised me that I could apply Decision Ready by compiling all the documents in advance of lodgement and attaching a checklist, which I did. But now I am wondering whether that is correct. In the auto-replys from DIAC, which have been posted earlier on this thread, the DIAC only mentions priority for agent certified DRC applications, not for general DRC applications. There does not seem to be any information as to how long a general DRC application should take, and I fear that I have wasted months doing my police checks, etc, in advance if my application is not even getting any priority for that.

Overall, this has been a hugely frustrating experience. Like some other recent posters, I finally got my acknowledgement email after 9 weeks (though the website has said it would come within 10 working days). The letter said they prefer to be contacted with enquiries by email, but of course did not include an e-mail address. The DIAC website also has a Contact Us page which doesnt include an e-mail address, and a contact form which doesnt allow you to write a question, but only to select a pre-written question to which they e-mail you a pre-written answer (which makes no sense whatsoever - how is this pre-written question / pre-written answwer e-mail charade any better than a FAQ?). When I finally found an e-mail address for what appeared to be the right office, all I got in response were auto-replys, as others have posted here. Where does the exorbitant $3000 that one pays for a simple visa application go if they dont even hire enough people to process the applications or have any customer service?

Meanwhile Ive been waiting over 3 months with no end in sight or any idea of when I will get a case officer. I am supposed to start my new job in a couple of months but of course cant make any moving plans until the visa is sorted out. This sucks.

I feel your pain. I believe (my opinion only) that the checklist can ONLY be used by a registered migration agent. They submit DRC applications differently to our process online and attach this form: http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/agents/pdf/ma-checklist-ens-visa.pdf

So if you were to attach that form to your application it probably would only be seen once the case officer is assigned after 5-7months in a queue.

Just my opinion though.

In general, while I have nothing against Migration Agents, who provide a valuable service, I find it extremely unfair that DIAC seems to discriminate against applications filed by an individual, who are relegated to the back of a long queue even if they do everything correctly

Yes, this is ridiculous. I agree Migration Agents can be great and necessary for many, but some people are now using agents and paying them a fortune just to only submit their application as DRC. [it reminds me of people paying farmers to sign off for their 2nd WHV visa] Though this is legal!

Took 8 months for my Nomination to come through and now waiting about two (so far) for my application (ENS186, non-drc, paramatta).

Expecting April 2013!

Edited by owendoyle

Hi all,

In general, while I have nothing against Migration Agents, who provide a valuable service, I find it extremely unfair that DIAC seems to discriminate against applications filed by an individual, who are relegated to the back of a long queue even if they do everything correctly. At the very least, the DIAC should provide clear information about the processing times for various types of applications, so applicants know in advance whether they need to hire a Migration Agent in order to get their applications processed in a timely manner.

I have to agree with Owen, an application is either DRC (only available through a migration agent) or Non-DRC. From reading through other threads and other forums it appears that most post 1 July nominations and applications are on the back burner, according to some, DIAC are currently upgrading their online system so it is able to recognise a DRC application form a Non-DRC. The date floating around for the completion of this is 26 Nov. It suggests that after this date Case Officers will have their work load full of DRC applications which rightly so, should take precedence.

Like yourself I am in the "Non-DRC" boat - nomination submitted 3/8/12.

Hi,

Not sure if these questions have been asked but I don't know what to do for the best!

Now I know I can lodge my application before I get nomination approval but is there a big risk that my employer won't get the approval? My employer is already sponsoring me on 457 and the HR manager has told me she has not recieved anything asking for further info or evidence; so I assume we are just in queue and there should be no problem with approval. However I don't want to pay $3060 for a visa and get refused as that is a large amount of money to lose, but I am wondering what reasons might stop the nomination approval?

My second question is I have received an email to say the nomination will take 5 -7 months to be approved and I have been told that my visa app will take 5-7 months to approve; if I wait for my nomination to be approved before I submit the application will I then have to wait a further 5-7 months or will it then be a case of immigration just processing the app? Alternatively if I submit my application before nomination approval will this speed up the process or will it not make a difference and I'll still be waiting a further 5-7 months after approval - in which case I may as well wait for approval!?

Hope this makes sense to you any suggestions will be a massive help!

Thanks in advance

LMW

Guest Forester83

I think DIAC only accept DR applications from agents because they can provide an assurance to DIAC that the application is in fact DR. It sounds as though you have put lots of effort into ensuring that your application is complete, but I imagine DIAC would receive quite a few incomplete applications if individuals could submit them "decision ready", and would have to spend time chasing up documents, which defeats the purpose of this fast-track system.

According to our agent, DIAC received thousands of incompete applications from individuals who were desperate to get their app in before the 1st July changes, just to get a "place in the queue". These incomplete applications require case officers to spend time chasing the missing info/documents, hence the huge backlog. She also described the online system for post-July 1st apps as a complete "mess", so I think everyone is in for a long wait (agent or no agent).

what reasons might stop the nomination approval?

Probably training requirement or market salary would be the big two. But obviously all conditions need to be met. My sponsoring company was very new so I was a bit worried about the training requirement. I was the only permanent staff member at the time of application (apart from directors). Still passed but I waited until it was approved before sending my visa application.

My second question is I have received an email to say the nomination will take 5 -7 months to be approved and I have been told that my visa app will take 5-7 months to approve; if I wait for my nomination to be approved before I submit the application will I then have to wait a further 5-7 months or will it then be a case of immigration just processing the app? Alternatively if I submit my application before nomination approval will this speed up the process or will it not make a difference and I'll still be waiting a further 5-7 months after approval - in which case I may as well wait for approval!?LMW

Yes. From my experience applying for nomination first (took 8 months) and application after (still pending but been told 5-7months) I may be waiting twice as long as someone who submits nomination and visa together. It is likely that your case officer will review both together.

So you can gamble $3060 to (potentially) save 5-7months. I chose not to!

I am not 100% certain that this is the case for everyone but it is for me. A good MARA registered migration should know your chances of nomination approval if you visit one.

Best of luck!

Guest Luca kl
I have to agree with Owen, an application is either DRC (only available through a migration agent) or Non-DRC. From reading through other threads and other forums it appears that most post 1 July nominations and applications are on the back burner, according to some, DIAC are currently upgrading their online system so it is able to recognise a DRC application form a Non-DRC. The date floating around for the completion of this is 26 Nov. It suggests that after this date Case Officers will have their work load full of DRC applications which rightly so, should take precedence.

Like yourself I am in the "Non-DRC" boat - nomination submitted 3/8/12.

It's false your statement: the system upgrade is for automating the akn letters not for identifying the DRC application.

Gosh people, no need to post if unsure....

Here the extract:

System Upgrade – 23 November 2012

A system upgrade is scheduled for 23 November which will automate the processing of acknowledgement letters, bridging visas and the entry of applications into VEVO.

Any application lodged after close of business 26 October will be held over to be automatically processed on 23 November 2012. If your current visa will cease during this period you should explain this in the body of the email and include the word URGENT in the subject line.

In regards to DRC:

At the moment our system is not readily identifying applications declared as “Decision Ready” by a registered migration agent. As an interim measure we suggest that you send an email to the relevant processing office mailbox advising that the application is decision ready with the TRN number highlighted in the subject line. Please ensure that the application is decision ready.

E-LODGED APPLICATIONS AND ENQUIRIES

We are currently experiencing delays issuing acknowledgement letters and bridging visas for applications lodged online. This is the result of a system limitation which requires the manual entry of the details of each application in our system. Please note that this also affects the time taken for your application to appear in VEVO.

Guest Luca kl

I think DIAC only accept DR applications from agents because they can provide an assurance to DIAC that the application is in fact DR. It sounds as though you have put lots of effort into ensuring that your application is complete, but I imagine DIAC would receive quite a few incomplete applications if individuals could submit them "decision ready", and would have to spend time chasing up documents, which defeats the purpose of this fast-track system.

According to our agent, DIAC received thousands of incompete applications from individuals who were desperate to get their app in before the 1st July changes, just to get a "place in the queue". These incomplete applications require case officers to spend time chasing the missing info/documents, hence the huge backlog. She also described the online system for post-July 1st apps as a complete "mess", so I think everyone is in for a long wait (agent or no agent).

Thanks, finally a decent comment! Will help a bit too.

1. The MA acts as a certifying body of a complete appliacation and they sign off the declaration.

If an applicant would like to use the check list for his application and send all documents required.. good on him! He does everyone a favour including himself....BUT..

2. I agree with your agent and I only need to read these blogs: quality of applications are poor and mainly incomplete, against what DIAc advised. So many application wait for a CO to tell them to submit medicals, AFP certificate, partners' language test, military certificates, credentials, etc.

What stops them to have them ready even shortly after application, just ready to submit, especially when on-shore?

Of course is a lot of back and forth for a CO and this is causing a massive delay as well.

I was not concerned of submitting after 1-July even my nomination got approved way earlier but I postponed because I did not have all documents for a DRC. It is disappointing that such effort is not noted by DIAC within the new system which cannot identify such application.

Here we go, we sit in the que, until others decide to go to Medibank or AFP or where they need to go because the CO told them so but they could not know so...

It will be nice if this blog can have a mediator and explain from time to time what is a DRC application and where they find for free proper information, as immigration website for instance....

It's false your statement: the system upgrade is for automating the akn letters not for identifying the DRC application.

Gosh people, no need to post if unsure....

Here the extract:

System Upgrade – 23 November 2012

A system upgrade is scheduled for 23 November which will automate the processing of acknowledgement letters, bridging visas and the entry of applications into VEVO.

Any application lodged after close of business 26 October will be held over to be automatically processed on 23 November 2012. If your current visa will cease during this period you should explain this in the body of the email and include the word URGENT in the subject line.

In regards to DRC:

At the moment our system is not readily identifying applications declared as “Decision Ready” by a registered migration agent. As an interim measure we suggest that you send an email to the relevant processing office mailbox advising that the application is decision ready with the TRN number highlighted in the subject line. Please ensure that the application is decision ready.

E-LODGED APPLICATIONS AND ENQUIRIES

We are currently experiencing delays issuing acknowledgement letters and bridging visas for applications lodged online. This is the result of a system limitation which requires the manual entry of the details of each application in our system. Please note that this also affects the time taken for your application to appear in VEVO.

Pull your neck in mate, if you go back and read what I wrote it clearly states "according to some" - regardless of whether the system upgrade is to do with ack letters or recognising DRC applications the fact remains that their system is not currently able to recognise DRC applications. The fact that DIAC's statement says "at the moment our system is not readily identifying..." implies that at some point it will so an upgrade/change will be implemented.

Oh and If people who were "unsure" didn't post, this forum would be dead....I think people are aware that we're not all migration agents and a lot of what is posted will be speculation/opinions etc. If people want 100% accurate answers they pay a registered migrant agent for the pleasure.

Guest Luca kl
Pull your neck in mate, if you go back and read what I wrote it clearly states "according to some" - regardless of whether the system upgrade is to do with ack letters or recognising DRC applications the fact remains that their system is not currently able to recognise DRC applications. The fact that DIAC's statement says "at the moment our system is not readily identifying..." implies that at some point it will so an upgrade/change will be implemented.

Oh and If people who were "unsure" didn't post, this forum would be dead....I think people are aware that we're not all migration agents and a lot of what is posted will be speculation/opinions etc. If people want 100% accurate answers they pay a registered migrant agent for the pleasure.

Well, I can read over and over your post and I agree with you that is pure speculation.

If you do not have an agent I can give you a tip : send a blank email to this address 'nsw.pse@immi.gov.au' and you will receive the correct information which I quoted earlier. At the end of the day these are our applications regardless we use an MA or not we need to be in controll and understand the big picture.

I use this information to follow up with my agent as well, just paying a fee does not help.

It is great to keep posting our dates and report progress, this will help us to appreciate how things are moving.

Cheers and good luck!

Guest Luca kl
Well, I can read over and over your post and I agree with you that is pure speculation.

If you do not have an agent I can give you a tip : send a blank email to this address 'nsw.pse@immi.gov.au' and you will receive the correct information which I quoted earlier. At the end of the day these are our applications regardless we use an MA or not we need to be in controll and understand the big picture.

I use this information to follow up with my agent as well, just paying a fee does not help.

It is great to keep posting our dates and report progress, this will help us to appreciate how things are moving.

Cheers and good luck!

My own speculation is that most of applications are incomplete just by reading other blogs and this is causing the delay, not only the system.

Another speculation is that DIAC mentioned that they received 11.000 applications in june only and only 1% blogs about their experience.

So the consensus here seems to be that Decision Ready applications can only be lodged by a registered migration agent. However, this was certainly not the case before the July 1 changes. In fact, In June as I was beginning to prepare my application, my employer sent me a DIAC handout "How to lodge a decision ready application" and a DRC checklist for clients ("This checklist is designed to assist you in submitting a Decision Ready visa application under the Employer Nomination Scheme); the handout or checklist did not say anything about requiring certification by a migration agent. In fact, the checklist had one form that it asked for "if you have a migration agent", clearly implying that the checklist could be used to lodge a DR application even if one does not hire a migration agent.

So if that is no longer the case then this must be a recent change. However I can't find any discussion of this on the DIAC website. This is unfair and misleading to applicants like myself who wasted a lot of time trying to prepare a Decision Ready application which is now not being treated as such. What was the point of spending months doing police background checks in advance if my application is just going to sit in a queue waiting for a case officer for 6 months? It would have been better to submit it months earlier and do the background checks while waiting. This confusing and conflicting information about processing does a great disservice to applicants.

On an unrelated note, I also did my medical exams (including the blood test and chest X-ray) in June before applying but DIAC does not seem to have any record of that, so now I have to try to figure out what happened to the results. (My permanent visa is still not being processed so I decided to apply for a temporary visa in the meantime, for which I got a case officer within a few days and I should get that visa soon at least if I can figure out what happened to my medicals.)

Guest Luca kl
So the consensus here seems to be that Decision Ready applications can only be lodged by a registered migration agent. However, this was certainly not the case before the July 1 changes. In fact, In June as I was beginning to prepare my application, my employer sent me a DIAC handout "How to lodge a decision ready application" and a DRC checklist for clients ("This checklist is designed to assist you in submitting a Decision Ready visa application under the Employer Nomination Scheme); the handout or checklist did not say anything about requiring certification by a migration agent. In fact, the checklist had one form that it asked for "if you have a migration agent", clearly implying that the checklist could be used to lodge a DR application even if one does not hire a migration agent.

So if that is no longer the case then this must be a recent change. However I can't find any discussion of this on the DIAC website. This is unfair and misleading to applicants like myself who wasted a lot of time trying to prepare a Decision Ready application which is now not being treated as such. What was the point of spending months doing police background checks in advance if my application is just going to sit in a queue waiting for a case officer for 6 months? It would have been better to submit it months earlier and do the background checks while waiting. This confusing and conflicting information about processing does a great disservice to applicants.

On an unrelated note, I also did my medical exams (including the blood test and chest X-ray) in June before applying but DIAC does not seem to have any record of that, so now I have to try to figure out what happened to the results. (My permanent visa is still not being processed so I decided to apply for a temporary visa in the meantime, for which I got a case officer within a few days and I should get that visa soon at least if I can figure out what happened to my medicals.)

Hi, to be honest, I think it was always the case to have a MA to act as certifying body for a 100% application but sometimes legal terminology is evasive.

I do share your frustration for for making a huge effort to submit a DR application, I was in the position to submit 2 days before my nomination expired just to be able to obtain and redo all the police clearances required from few countries because some were wrong including from AFP...I should have send everything earlier, incomplete and I reckon that by now I should have a PR.

However it seems that new e-lodge system is currently designed as a document archiving tool to eliminate the admin for paperwork and it does not cover the end-to-end process required for visa processing.

The system is not able to use fields as name, passport number, address, etc in order to generate the AKN form, it is manually generated and many of us, inlcuding me, the AKN letter came with errors which are not repaired until today.

This part will be sorted on 26-Nov but only for the applications submitted after 25-Oct. It makes sense, who will go back and rework all previous applications. All process streaming projects work like this, in stages and any improvement will take place for what can be addressed from that step onwards, is no time for rework.

Someone speculated that "Decision Ready" recongistion will be sorted as well around the same date. I have no doubt it will be done in future but not for current applications. If you check your on-line status, I don't think you can see anywhere a "Decision Ready" field or a percentage of how many out of X documents did you upload. Again, for DIAC going back and review all applications from 1 july to date in order, to retreive the DR Checklist and to decide which one is decision ready it means a lot of rework which is not justified with current shortage of resources.

I would suggest you to upload your medicals payment receipt as proof that you have completed them. I remember that my MA asked me for the receipt as result cannot scanned and uploaded. I hope this helps.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress! Is the only thing that help us to estimate what is going on.

Guest Luca kl
Then why are YOU posting so much?

For sharing my experience and thoughts about it. Is something wrong with it?

It is more than welcome if you do the same, obviously we are in the dark here.

Thanks

I was just amused by your earlier comment.

For sharing my experience and thoughts about it. Is something wrong with it?

Not at all, however, you criticised others for sharing their thoughts.

It is more than welcome if you do the same, obviously we are in the dark here.

Thanks

At the moment there is not a lot to share as the ENS process is; 1) new and 2) currently quite dysfunctional due to the new electronic system not functioning as intended.

As such you telling people “Gosh people, no need to post if unsure….” is quite counterproductive to the thread, if you want people to share.

• Like 1

Guest Luca kl

An update for my case, I hope will help others to evaluate the progress.

(Nomination approved 2-feb-2012)

Applied DRC-ENS 186 : 30- july (start)-Parramatta

AKN Letter : 11-Sep ( 6 weeks)

CO: assigned today 20-Nov (16 weeks)

Waiting.

(BTW-my MA insistently sent notifications to DIAC to alert that I have a DRC application, I guess it worked)

Is there a specific reason for the amended contract? i.e. They want to see that you have a contract tying you in for the next 2 years?

Thanks

Sorry for the delay in reply bonza--havent been regular on the net. My Oh was initially supposed to be self contracting--but for one employer. So they needed a formal contract of 'employment' rather than the initial contract that he had.