Hey Karen79, I submitted on the same day (Apr 16), though I did submit my nomination & application together. How did the inform you when your nomination was approved? Hopefully we'll both be getting some news in the next few weeks :smile:

Hi, We just got an email once our employer had a case officer (after 12 weeks) asking for a bit of extra info, then the nomination was approved about a week later. We submitted ours 1 week after nomination approval. FIngers X please that we hear of a case officer soon! Im assuming Form 80's are totally mandatory for everyone? I have mine printed but as yet have not tackled filling them in. Cant wait!!

Thx God, Finally relieved!!!

Timeline:

Nomination & Visa Application(via 457): 10 Jan 2014.

CO requested medicals : 30 april 2014.

Visa Granted : 10 June 2014.

It took 151 days / almost 22 weeks.

All the best, everyone!!!

Hi, We just got an email once our employer had a case officer (after 12 weeks) asking for a bit of extra info, then the nomination was approved about a week later. We submitted ours 1 week after nomination approval. FIngers X please that we hear of a case officer soon! Im assuming Form 80's are totally mandatory for everyone? I have mine printed but as yet have not tackled filling them in. Cant wait!!

sooo congratulations

Edited by swimming

Can anyone tell me are form 80s 100% definitely needed or just sometimes requested? Before I go to hassle of filling them out in advance. I everything else frontloaded thus far. Waiting waiting....

Hi Karen-

According to the immi website (http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/186.aspx), it looks like form 80 is required "For each person included in the application who is 16 years of age or older:

"

Best of luck!

Btw, I was never asked for Form 80 before my application wss approved.

I had a suspicion I had heard this somewhere before which was not only why i asked but also why i have delayed putting pen to paper! very lazy! I have them printed out.... for weeks now! Meds and police checks done and added to application, so will just sit tight wait and see!!

Timeline for direct stream: Applied in Perth office.

Approved from Paramatta office

Nomination submitted : 24th march 2014

Visa Application submitted: 1st Apri 2014c(except medicals)

Nominations approved: 19th June 2014

Notified about nomination approval by Employer.

Case officer hasn't asked for medicals yet.

Not sure how long it takes for them to ask for medicals.

People say that they have been asked for additional documents the same day.

Still waiting.....

Hi all,

Well finnally got an email from our case officer, it came through at 7.00pm but has the time on it 8.30am so not sure what happens there? I have been having trouble logging in since firefox updated the other day and now have to do it on daughters windows computer.

The email requested form 80 for daughter, police checks for me and her??? Not sure if computer issues but the form 80 had already been done and seems to have disappeared and the police checks were both already upload and showing on there. So uploaded them all again, see what happens now.

So for all you guys wondering about the form 80 the answer is yes, we are from a low risk country (UK) and have had to do it.

The time line is

16th March application

19th june case officer

Tina x

@familyoffive

We filled our form 80 back in mid March, but by the time we lodged (April 10th) the layout of form 80s had changed (they now ask for 30 years of travelling history as opposed to 10 years before) so this might be the reason why? Anyway I also come from a low risk country (France) and my MA reckoned that filing form 80 was necessary...!

Hi all,

Well finnally got an email from our case officer, it came through at 7.00pm but has the time on it 8.30am so not sure what happens there? I have been having trouble logging in since firefox updated the other day and now have to do it on daughters windows computer.

The email requested form 80 for daughter, police checks for me and her??? Not sure if computer issues but the form 80 had already been done and seems to have disappeared and the police checks were both already upload and showing on there. So uploaded them all again, see what happens now.

So for all you guys wondering about the form 80 the answer is yes, we are from a low risk country (UK) and have had to do it.

The time line is

16th March application

19th june case officer

Tina x

@familyoffive

We filled our form 80 back in mid March, but by the time we lodged (April 10th) the layout of form 80s had changed (they now ask for 30 years of travelling history as opposed to 10 years before) so this might be the reason why? Anyway I also come from a low risk country (France) and my MA reckoned that filing form 80 was necessary...!

Hey baguette, isn't it the opposite for form 80, now 10 years of travel instead of 30 previously? The form we just completed asks for 10 years unless applying for refugee/humanitarian visa! Please don't tell me we downloaded an old form :o(..

Hey baguette, isn't it the opposite for form 80, now 10 years of travel instead of 30 previously? The form we just completed asks for 10 years unless applying for refugee/humanitarian visa! Please don't tell me we downloaded an old form :o(..

Hi paisleylass, I filled the 10 year form you mentioned first but am afraid this has changed as I had to redo that part subsquently on the new form (see below, copy pasted from my form 80). I'm afraid you might be using an old form...

18 Your address history for the last 30 yearsInclude:

• addresses inside and outside Australia

• places you resided for study/work

• refugee camps

any other place you have resided such as share houses, university residences and temporary accommodation.

19 Have you travelled to any country other than Australia in the last 30 years?Include:

• work or study outside your usual country of residence

• holiday/leisure trips

• business

• military deployment

• visits back to your own country.

Edited by baguette

Hi all,

The time line is

16th March application

19th june case officer

Tina x

Hi,

Did they ask for additional documents for you just after nomination was approved? Because in my case, the nomination got approved yesterday but no contact by case officer till now....

Thanks

Hmm.. well as we have completed the form 80 linked to from the email our Case Officer sent, I'm not doing the version asking for 30 years travel/address history unless specifically asked! I have googled and can't actually find this form though - the one asking for 30 years history whether asylum seeker or not...

So our current timeline looks like:

22 March 2014 186 visa application lodged (nomination had been lodged a couple of days before)

2 June 2014 CO requests documentation

13 June attended medicals - both finalised by 19 June

17 June nomination approved

Now just awaiting both UK police checks, and hubby's AFP check is in the post to us, mine was uploaded weeks ago cos I got in before the backlog kicked in :P

We have til Monday 30 June to get all documents uploaded.

That's good news Huttu. Hope the rest comes through quickly.

All our paperwork went in on the 29 March so hoping we hear something in the next week or two!

Ya they are processing application for end of march as stated in the email. As you have already submitted all paperwork, you will get PR straightway.

Our application submitted through an agent and lodged on line on the 12 of March with form 80, police checks from UK and Australia, medicals even handed in the same day. As stated in prior posts, we are applying for transition stream 186. Think it really is luck of the draw which applications are picked from the pile for the agent to start working on, it appears at that stage everything moves quickly, just a waiting game until then I guess.

Think it really is luck of the draw which applications are picked from the pile for the agent to start working on

AFAIK there are a few ground rules such as:

low risk country get faster processing than high risk country

onshore applicant get faster processing than offshore applicant

Each case also assigned to 'Permanent Sponsored Entry' in each state office e.g) nsw.pse_at_immi.gov.au vic.pse_at_immi.gov.au

So presumably ENS applicant applied in (or assign to) state with overwhelming RSMS applicant such as N.T would get lower priority.

got the Nomination approved today. :D

I've applied with all the paperwork ready on 19 March.

My MA said

The quota for the number of visa grants for this financial year has been reached and therefore we’ll need to wait until post 1 July before the visa is granted.