Just got our case officer assigned woohoo! This is after lodging the application on 22 March.

We haven't yet posted our UK police clearance applications. I have a dumb question about this. Do we need to send a copy of the entire passport, or just the photo page?

Finding someone on the acceptable occupations list who has known us for 2 years to sign the passport photos is another matter...!

Well Paisleylass super well done how chuffed are you?!!! Im chuffed for you, because right now i just needed some good news, so i see from your submission date yours is in approx 10weeks? so my theory of the list being addressed after 10weeks seems to be the case again! The fact that i might just have another 3 to wait gives me some hope. Our police checks are long back and medicals done, you just photocopy the bio-data page of your passports and as for who signs it some random cop at the local police station signed ours and it was never questioned!! I see you are in Brisbane? We are moving there in Sept! cannot wait! Keep her lit and keep me posted! Karen:laugh:

I have been following this thread for sometime and I can now finally give my time line:

ENS 186 Direct Entry, self submitted:

Employer Nomination Submitted: 19/04/2013

Approved: 19/10/2013

Duration (6 Months)

Application Submitted: 24/01/2014

Approved:10/04/2014

Duration (Just over 10 weeks)

I had been checking the satus daily on immi website including yesterday and it had not changed from "in progress" until I received an email with my grant notification this morning.

Looks like I was approved the same day as my CO was appointed.

It would appear that they are beginning to push through Jan applications now!

Be patient, so worth the wait once received!

Hi there

i am planning to apply for 186 DR. I would like to do processing by myself without

MA. So can u please help me out for the documents u have provided for this visa

thank u

Hi there

i am planning to apply for 186 DR. I would like to processing by myself without

MA. So can u please help out for the documents u have provided for this visa

thank u

you can find the list of documents needed on the Immigration website

My Partner and I submitted our application on the 12th of March, both from the UK. Decision ready, went through an agent, medicals and police clearance submitted the same day. Still waiting to hear anything from immigration. We applied under the 186 Transition Stream, the day we had been on our 457 visa for two years.

We wanted to submit the company nomination first, but our agent told us that there was no point and we should submit them together, we did that and now I am wondering if it would have been best to submit this a few months before our application…

So are you in the UK now? I am a bit confused if you are submitting under transition shouldn't you still be working for the employer?

also you do know that decision ready applications no longer get priority, although if the agent has done the paperwork well it will be granted quickly once allocated to a CO.

The employer nomination can't go in until you've been on your 457 2 years so submitting that a few months before your application wouldn't have been an option unless you wanted to hold off submitting your application. Popular opinion is that they're processed when they're both submitted together.

My Partner and I submitted our application on the 12th of March, both from the UK. Decision ready, went through an agent, medicals and police clearance submitted the same day. Still waiting to hear anything from immigration. We applied under the 186 Transition Stream, the day we had been on our 457 visa for two years.

We wanted to submit the company nomination first, but our agent told us that there was no point and we should submit them together, we did that and now I am wondering if it would have been best to submit this a few months before our application…

Oh FAMILY OF FIVE and Joel9271 tell us some good news!! Argghhhh so I see my theory if roughly 10 weeks for proceseing employee portion is not an exact science ha ha although I still live in hope. I am aware that since xmas decision ready no longer exists we are all just in the same big queue oh joy! We waited for our employer part to get approval first before forfitting our 9k! And so our part is now in from 16th april, 7 weeks! NOT so patiently waiting and out employer part took 12 weeks to get a case officer and was approved a week later or slightly less. Yawnnnnn!!

Great news PL.

Ours went in on 29 March so maybe we will hear something in the next few weeks. Hope so.

ooh good luck for a speedy turnaround, that's just a few days after us!

it's all go here, gonna get our medicals done maybe next week but more likely week after due to hubs work, got all our stuff for UK police check, my Aus police check is on its way to me after a lightning fast turnaround, hubs about to do his. Form 80 is being chipped away at every day.

Nearly there!! Only the UK police check can hold us back time wise now. Cor, it's pricy compared with the Aus one as well!

Hi Eveyone

Finally, after a process that started last August, we have been granted our Employer sponsored PR today!!! To be fair it took me ages to get my Dubai Police check so after all paperwork was submitted on 12th Feb it took 16 weeks.

Woo Hoo

Good luck everyone

paisleylass, I see you've lodged your application and you're getting your medicals done? Have you had a CO assigned?

I've lodged everything (form 80 and police checks from France, UK and Australia - and yes, police clearance in the UK is a bloody rip off!!!) on April 10th apart from medicals and I'm seeing on immi website that once youve lodged your application, you have to wait to have a CO assigned before booking your medicals. Here's from immi website:

source: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/arranging-health-exam.htm (when to arrange your health examination)

[h=3]I have already lodged my Australian visa application[/h]

You will be advised by email or by your case officer what health examinations you need to do (if any). You will then be requested to complete these examinations within a certain time period. Please wait until your visa case officer contacts you, do not use the My Health Declarations service if you have already lodged a visa application. It will delay processing of your visa application.

Note: To minimise processing delays, you should complete your required health examinations as soon as possible after your case officer has advised you to do so.

Did the rule change and can we have our medicals done prior to having a CO??? It's the first time my husband's keen on having a blood check hehehe :-)

Hey baguette

Yep we got a CO on Monday! Been crazy since then getting organised, just posted UK police check forms today - it was a palaver even paying for that!!

Our application was lodged 22 March.

What's left:

Hubby Aus police check

Both Form 80s

Both medicals

Oh FAMILY OF FIVE and Joel9271 tell us some good news!! Argghhhh so I see my theory if roughly 10 weeks for proceseing employee portion is not an exact science ha ha although I still live in hope. I am aware that since xmas decision ready no longer exists we are all just in the same big queue oh joy! We waited for our employer part to get approval first before forfitting our 9k! And so our part is now in from 16th april, 7 weeks! NOT so patiently waiting and out employer part took 12 weeks to get a case officer and was approved a week later or slightly less. Yawnnnnn!!

Hey Karen79, I submitted on the same day (Apr 16), though I did submit my nomination & application together. How did the inform you when your nomination was approved? Hopefully we'll both be getting some news in the next few weeks :smile:

Hi Eveyone

Finally, after a process that started last August, we have been granted our Employer sponsored PR today!!! To be fair it took me ages to get my Dubai Police check so after all paperwork was submitted on 12th Feb it took 16 weeks.

Woo Hoo

Good luck everyone

congratuations!!!

are you direct entry? or trasmission from 457?

woohoo, that's cool paisleylass!! glad to see that application from March are processed :-) Australia police check come pretty quickly!!! We did our form 80s early March but the format was subsequently changed along with the requirements (30years of travelling history and addresses!!)