Wow smythe123! Congrats! That was really quick! Hopefully ours will be as speedy as yours :-)

My husbands employer applied for the nomination too early but have since withdrawn and resubmitted their nomination. Once we get our UK Police clearances back, then we will apply.

fingers crossed for us :-)

hello to everyone,

great forum with a lot of good info!

I'm like all of you waiting for the answer from 186 Direct Entry Stream. I've applied with all the documents (including Medicals and Police Clearance) on 19 March using a Migration Agent. Still waiting..

question for those who received their PR: have there been some kind of controls? Like calling your work place, checking your address ecc ecc

Because I'm thinking of moving and I'm not sure if I should notify that my address has changed... from the Immi website it says that I should

any suggestions? I mean, if they don't really go and knock on your house door...

Thanks for the help

Hi Everyone,

Have been keeping an eye on this thread for a while now and thought I'd check in. We're getting close to finally being able to make our application for 186 under the Temporary Residence Transition Stream, just waiting for my husbands employer to submit their nomination of him. Our medicals are scheduled for next week, and all other paperwork is with an agent waiting for submission. It has been such a slow process for us, between getting police clearances from numerous countries and transcripts/parchments from 4 different Unis, it has been incredibly frustrating. We had hoped to go Direct Entry but getting my husbands qualifications recognised by Engineers Australia has taken so long (and still not finalised) we can now go the Transition Stream as we hit the 2 years of being sponsored on 10th May.

Our application is complicated by my husband having two children from a previous relationship and for some strange reason they had to do medicals despite them not being included on the application. Although I suppose it makes sense just in case anything ever happens to their Mom that means we need to have custody of them. I am pregnant, due mid July, another complication there. So I will be very surprised if we get a decision in 2014! Fingers crossed I'm wrong :)

Hi All,

I have lodged my nomination and application on 20 March 2014 with all documents ( PCC,Medical...etc). No word yet from DIBP still waiting.

It looks like there is no standard time frame for processing !!!

Thanks,

Krishna

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to finally share our timeline.

Nomination submitted: 21/11/13

Nomination Approved: 11/3/14

186 visa submitted with all paperwork: 12/3/14

Medicals done: 21/3/14

Visa APPROVED: 23/5/14

YEY!. I did send an email to immi yesterday morning because i do require security clearance for a job which cannot be obtained on a temporary residence, don't know whether this done the trick, although they did say that they are currently processing visas from March.

Hope everyone else waiting doesn't have to wait too much longer. Thanks to all for all the advice and help they have given on this forum

Hi everyone,

I have recently been asked by my case officer to submit some documents for my PR application (ENS 186 - labour agreement

Scheme ). I cant submit those documents as I am overseas for couple of weeks. How can I request for extension ? And also can I do my health check overseas although the application was lodved from Sydney??. Please advise me . I am really stressed as I can't provide those documents with 28 days . Many thanks

Hi, does anyone know if there's somewhere you can download/view the forms required for the 186 visa application (and also the nomination)? I'd like to have a look at them to get prepared, but can't find them anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

Am Ready - when you apply and employer sponsors, you both 'commit' to a further 2 years of employment. There's virtually no penalty of not complying with that although if DIBP felt you applied fraudulently (i.e. had no intention of staying with employer), there's a possibility they could cancel your visa.

Menuk - you can respond to the request saying you're currently overseas until xxxx date, and ask if they can grant you an extension to provide the documents immediately upon your return. I'm not sure about the medical, but I think it'd be easier to simply get that done when you return.

Falpat - there are no forms, it's an online application.

Am Ready - when you apply and employer sponsors, you both 'commit' to a further 2 years of employment. There's virtually no penalty of not complying with that although if DIBP felt you applied fraudulently (i.e. had no intention of staying with employer), there's a possibility they could cancel your visa.

Menuk - you can respond to the request saying you're currently overseas until xxxx date, and ask if they can grant you an extension to provide the documents immediately upon your return. I'm not sure about the medical, but I think it'd be easier to simply get that done when you return.

Falpat - there are no forms, it's an online application.

Hi

Thank you very much for the response.

Thanks MaggieMay24. So do you just have to wait until it's time to apply to find out what all the questions are? When I did my 457 I was able to get a pdf of the form so I could prepare my answers first.

Thanks.

Pretty much, yes. When I did mine back in October, I did find an outdated .pdf of the paper version since I had the same thoughts you did about preparing my answers. The online application had some similar questions but all in all the .pdf didn't help much.

hello to everyone,

great forum with a lot of good info!

I'm like all of you waiting for the answer from 186 Direct Entry Stream. I've applied with all the documents (including Medicals and Police Clearance) on 19 March using a Migration Agent. Still waiting..

question for those who received their PR: have there been some kind of controls? Like calling your work place, checking your address ecc ecc

Because I'm thinking of moving and I'm not sure if I should notify that my address has changed... from the Immi website it says that I should

any suggestions? I mean, if they don't really go and knock on your house door...

Thanks for the help

Hi Blekm,

I actually moved house during my application process - All I did was complete a change of address form (which you can get from the immi website) and emailed it to them. It will not affect your application at all - just complete the form and send it in...... when My PR was granted the new address was on there... all my documents/attachments etc had my old address on them and all was fine.

Good Luck!

My Application just went in last week.

14/05/2014: Nomination by Employer - Temporary residence transition, since I haven't been in the country for 2 years, need to make correction with DIBP

22/05/2014: Notification from DIBP confirming that stream changed from Temporary residence transition to Direct Entry

23/05/2014: VISA application went in

28/05/2014: upload all papers and forms

now start the waiting... I haven't done any medical yet.

:cute:

Hi everyone,

i have been working for one employer from 11.4.2012. My 485 visa expires on 4.5.2015. I am a civil site engineer.

1. Am I able to apply for 186 visa using same employer that I am currently employed

2. As 3years of experience will be on 11.4.2015 - does it mean that my application should be lodged after that but before 485 visa expires( approx. 3 weeks)?

any advice would be appreciated,which way to go.

Hi everyone,

i have been working for one employer from 11.4.2012. My 485 visa expires on 4.5.2015. I am a civil site engineer.

1. Am I able to apply for 186 visa using same employer that I am currently employed

2. As 3years of experience will be on 11.4.2015 - does it mean that my application should be lodged after that but before 485 visa expires( approx. 3 weeks)?

any advice would be appreciated,which way to go.

I believe so, yes. You'd be issued a bridging visa once your 186 application goes in, which would allow you to keep working while it's processed.

Hi Blekm,

I actually moved house during my application process - All I did was complete a change of address form (which you can get from the immi website) and emailed it to them. It will not affect your application at all - just complete the form and send it in...... when My PR was granted the new address was on there... all my documents/attachments etc had my old address on them and all was fine.

Good Luck!

great, thanks for the answer, I just did it yesterday

I believe so, yes. You'd be issued a bridging visa once your 186 application goes in, which would allow you to keep working while it's processed.

Thanks MaggieMay24,

do you or anyone know how they calculate experience- is that how it is assessed by appropriate authority( engineers Australia ) say on Nov 2014 ,so it would be 2 yr and 7 months in that case not eligible for direct entry or on date of application so it would be end of apr 2015 which should be a bit more than 3 years in that case eligible for direct entry? Thank you for your response

That I'm not sure of as I didn't use the direct entry stream. It may be sufficient to have a skills assessment that the existing experience in November is relevant to the occupation, and then saying in April that you now have a full 3 years. Hopefully someone else can say whether this is good enough or not.

Hi guys,

I've been wondering about this as I heard many different information.

I've just been in the country for 3 months and applied for 186 VISA under Direct Entry stream. Do I need to get an Australian Police clearance record? (I have submitted police records from my original country). Does anybody have experience about this?

I really appreciate any helps. Thank you very much!

Hi guys,

I've been wondering about this as I heard many different information.

I've just been in the country for 3 months and applied for 186 VISA under Direct Entry stream. Do I need to get an Australian Police clearance record? (I have submitted police records from my original country). Does anybody have experience about this?

I really appreciate any helps. Thank you very much!

you will need Police Clearance from Australian Police.

ANYONE recently got any grants?? Going out off my tiny mind off course like the rest of you! our portion of the 186 transition was lodged 7 weeks ago this wednesday coming. Im bargaining on a turn around of about 10 weeks from the couple of recent grants on this thread, but who knows!!??:confused:

Just got our case officer assigned woohoo! This is after lodging the application on 22 March.

We haven't yet posted our UK police clearance applications. I have a dumb question about this. Do we need to send a copy of the entire passport, or just the photo page?

Finding someone on the acceptable occupations list who has known us for 2 years to sign the passport photos is another matter...!