sure - civil engineering draftsperson. I spoke to them earlier concerning the medicals and they confirmed that we definitely did need to have the medicals done - so that was good. They also said that the processing time for this visa is now 6-8 months

I hope that is a conservative estimate as I was hoping it would be quicker than that. Our lives are on hold too until we get the PR visa. We have held on to our UK property whilst on a 457 and are keen to tie up our lives in the UK.

It says 6 months on the DIPB website. What's frustrating is lack of clarity on processing time. Some could get in less than 3 months and some take 6 months. Seems like there's no particular reason for quick / slow processing, just luck!?

We have had to do the Transition Scheme too as DH hasn't got a degree so can't pass the skills assessment. Anyway the application went in last week so fingers crossed for all of us!

Yes, we are in exactly the same position re. degree and skills assessment, will send out theses positive vibes for us all :)

Update!

186 Direct Entry Nominatin + Visa application submitted Feb 10th 2014 with MA with police checks (no medical)

In Progress on Immi Account

NOMINATION APPROVED March 31st 2014, CO has also requested medical and has checked over all visa. Has told my MA once medicals are uplaoded onto Medibank, she can release the visa grant

So in total 7 weeks for nomination approval. Medical booked for April 14th. Fingers crossed the visa wont be much longer after that! Seems very quick...

Edited by laura1983

Update!

186 Direct Entry Nominatin + Visa application submitted Feb 10th 2014 with MA with police checks (no medical)

NOMINATION APPROVED March 31st 2014, CO has also requested medical and has checked over all visa. Has told my MA once medicals are uplaoded onto Medibank, she can release the visa grant

So in total 7 weeks for nomination approval. Medical booked for April 14th. Fingers crossed the visa wont be much longer after that! Seems very quick...

So quick, lucky

what is your original country?

are you form low risk country?

Update!

Hi there

were you advised in your own immiaccount the nomination had been approved ?

So quick, lucky

what is your original country?

are you form low risk country?

From UK, so low risk...my migration agent actually said she was really surprised at how quick the case had been picked up. It was non-decision ready also. I think there is no rhyme or reason, just pure luck!

Hi there

were you advised in your own immiaccount the nomination had been approved ?

No, my migration agent called me and then sent me the nomination grant letter. On my immi account it just says 'in progress' still, but just that it was updated on 31/03/14

I had my nomination applied on Nov 2013 for ENS 186 Labour agreement stream for nurse by my employer .Its been nearly 4 months that I havent heard anything. So frustrating .I asked my HR several times for the update , but they keep saying they havent heard anything back from nursing and midwifery Office( NAMo).Donot know what to do.. waiting and waiting .. Has anyone been through the same situation?? please advise me ..

Hi there,

Nomination submitted: 2 Dec 2013

Nomination approved: 19 Mar 2014

Application submitted and acknowledgement received: 1 Apr 2014

Also, I do have a MA and the stream is Direct Entry. All required documents submitted as well.

Does anyone have an idea about approximate finalising timeline?

Cheers,

Menuk, mine was labour agreement stream through NSW Health for a nurse and nomination went through in November, and was approved March 6th, nomination and application approved at around the same time so hopefully you won't have much longer to wait

got informtiaon from other forum

some visa granted who submitted on 9,10,16,17 Jan

may be the queue is in the middle of Jan right now

I got my PR Ganted today..09-Apr-2014.. Here are my Timelines.

186 Decision Ready (Direct Entry stream) Nomination & Application submiited using MA on 17-Jan-2014.

Application status last updated on Immi site 21-Jan-2014.

No communication from CO/no updates till today in Immi site- showed In progress.

My MA received e-mail communication regarding PR Grant letter.

Immi site status got updated to Finalized & Granted

I have been following this thread for sometime and I can now finally give my time line:

ENS 186 Direct Entry, self submitted:

Employer Nomination Submitted: 19/04/2013

Approved: 19/10/2013

Duration (6 Months)

Application Submitted: 24/01/2014

Approved:10/04/2014

Duration (Just over 10 weeks)

I had been checking the satus daily on immi website including yesterday and it had not changed from "in progress" until I received an email with my grant notification this morning.

Looks like I was approved the same day as my CO was appointed.

It would appear that they are beginning to push through Jan applications now!

Be patient, so worth the wait once received!

Hi all!

Congratulations to those who got their PR and thanks for posting your timelines!

Nomination and applications submitted April 10th (yesterday) with everything but the medical examinations.

Doing it with MA and it is decision ready - though I don't know whether this means much?

I was advised that processing times were around 3 to 4 months, but the wait is already killing me! Took one month to get all the documents sorted (police certificates from all the countries, IELTS exams, birth certificates and translations) and now crossing fingers this'll be dealt with quickly! Process was a bit delayed since they've changed Form 80s and want the past 30 years of address history and travel history.

Good luck to those waiting!

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]12/11/2013

[/TD]

[TD=align: left]10/4/2014

[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Thursday[/TD]

[TD=align: left]149[/TD]

[TD=align: left]21.3

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]30/12/2013

[/TD]

[TD=align: left]10/4/2014

[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Thursday[/TD]

[TD=align: left]101[/TD]

[TD=align: left]14.4[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]4/2/2014

[/TD]

[TD=align: left]15/4/2014

[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Tuesday[/TD]

[TD=align: left]70[/TD]

[TD=align: left]10.0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]4/2/2014

[/TD]

[TD=align: left]16/04/2014

[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Wednesday[/TD]

[TD=align: left]71[/TD]

[TD=align: left]10.1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]20/1/2014

[/TD]

[TD=align: left]16/04/2014

[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Wednesday[/TD]

[TD=align: left]86[/TD]

[TD=align: left]12.3[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Submitted/Approved/DayoftheWeek/Days/Weeks

Just share some updates from Ens 186 lodged today-page 209 . It seems like those cases in Jan & Feb hav been touching by CO lately...

Update - PR Granted today! SO HAPPY!

My timelines are:

ENS 186 direct entry - Application/nomination submitted 10th February with Police checks - no medical

Nomination approved and medicals requested 31st March

Medicals 14th April

Medicals uploaded to DIBP 22nd APril

PR Granted same day - 22nd April

so in total exactly 10 weeks.

Thrilled, and good luck to those waiting :)