My nomination was lodged on the 2nd week of November for ENS labour agreement stream, still have not heard anything .. I don't know why it is taking so long .. I am getting frustrated. Have anyone had same problem?? Please advise me what should I do ? When I asked my employer they says still there is no update from Immi..

No i havent received any grant emails apart from some emails from HR which mentioned about nomination application. Any one knows what NAMO is ? HR officer told me she is going to email NAMO regarding the progress of my nomination.. I thought it is usually DIAC

Do you receive the grant as a letter or email? Is it reflected right away in the immiaccount online?

I had an automated email (I asked for it in my immi account profile) with the change of status. Logged on and saw status changed to "Finalised" and then in the details next to each of the family "Granted". There was a link for "View Grant Letter" but that showed "No Correspondence". A few minutes later I got another auto email saying correspondence had been sent, still nothing on the "View Grant Letter" link. Turns out Immi emailed it to my employer, who forwarded it to me. A day later, the immi account "View Grant Letter" still doesn't have the letter. Not sure it ever will, but, of course, we have it so no drama. If we hadn't got it from my employer, I would have just rung Immi today and asked for it.

I had an automated email (I asked for it in my immi account profile) with the change of status. Logged on and saw status changed to "Finalised" and then in the details next to each of the family "Granted". There was a link for "View Grant Letter" but that showed "No Correspondence". A few minutes later I got another auto email saying correspondence had been sent, still nothing on the "View Grant Letter" link. Turns out Immi emailed it to my employer, who forwarded it to me. A day later, the immi account "View Grant Letter" still doesn't have the letter. Not sure it ever will, but, of course, we have it so no drama. If we hadn't got it from my employer, I would have just rung Immi today and asked for it.

Thanks for that! And thank you for tracking grants on this thread it's been very helpful in giving an estimate of timeframes !

No i havent received any grant emails apart from some emails from HR which mentioned about nomination application. Any one knows what NAMO is ? HR officer told me she is going to email NAMO regarding the progress of my nomination.. I thought it is usually DIAC

NAMO a new one on me. Good luck with your application.

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share my timeline for ENS 186 direct entry lodged through Melbourne office. NON DRC through Migration agent.

30th August 2013 (Nomination and Visa lodged together) along with full medicals police checks, skill assessment and all other required docs.

10th Feb 2014 (Further documents requested by CO from Paramatta)/ company training schedule and current residential address proof for me and my wife.

19th Feb 2014 submitted requested documents.

14th March 2014 still waiting for a decision on nomination and visa...

All up 6 months and 14 days of waiting and still continuing...no end seem to be coming and to add to the frustration few of the people on the phone with immi are just so rude...

Hopeless!

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share my timeline for ENS 186 direct entry lodged through Melbourne office. NON DRC through Migration agent.

30th August 2013 (Nomination and Visa lodged together) along with full medicals police checks, skill assessment and all other required docs.

10th Feb 2014 (Further documents requested by CO from Paramatta)/ company training schedule and current residential address proof for me and my wife.

19th Feb 2014 submitted requested documents.

14th March 2014 still waiting for a decision on nomination and visa...

All up 6 months and 14 days of waiting and still continuing...no end seem to be coming and to add to the frustration few of the people on the phone with immi are just so rude...

Hopeless!

Hi Dve2012

Maybe the good news is on its way.

Or you can contact with you co who contact with you for further documents, and inquiry whether he/she received your documents already.

good luck

Ours just got approved today!

ENS 186 DR, transition stream.

Nomination and application submitted 16 Dec

Visa Granted 13 Mar 14

87 days. No contact with Immi between submission and grant.

Have the grant letter in one hand and a champagne in the other!

sooo congratuations CDR

and thanks for your tracking record

do you know the transition stream and the direct entry stream are in the same queue or different ones?

Quick note with a suggestion. My application, at 87 days, was the quickest by a couple of days of the 30 or so I tracked through yesterday, or 2 to 3 weeks shorter than our average and about 40 days shorter than the typical longest of 125 days or so. This is all a bit of black arts, hence tracking and sharing data, but I did something that may have helped.

I wrote a short, very polite, email in the hopes of expediting my application. I have no idea if it did so, but I did get it approved prior to the date I requested. Obviously, your situations will be different, but if there's any reasonable request you can make, it may well be worth doing. From contacts, the key is to remain polite and have that sensible reason. Just asking for priority treatment could well backfire on you. Here's a slightly edited version of the email I sent:

I'm writing regarding my ENS 186 application. I'm hoping I may be able to expedite the review of my file due to my son's education status and the significantly lower fees if we are granted the 186 visa.

My son <redacted>, who is also on the application, was able to achieve an excellent ATAR score which has resulted in acceptance to the University of Melbourne on a Commonwealth supported position. However, as we are currently on a 457 visa, that acceptance has been transferred to an international fee paying position.

The difference in fees between Commonwealth supported and International fee paying is quite significant. Approximately $9,000 p.a. compared to approximately $37,000 p.a.

I appreciate that the service standard for processing visas is 6-8 months; I have also seen a number of 186 applications approved that were submitted in October or November last year.

Those processing time examples give me some hope it may be possible to receive an answer on our application prior to the University's cut-off date for a Commonwealth position.

The cut-off date for securing the Commonwealth supported position varies slightly depending on which specific courses he selects, but the earliest is 17 March and the latest about 30 March.

Should it be possible to have my file reviewed in the next 3 to 4 weeks it will make a huge difference to <redacted's> University career and our finances.

Best regards and thank you for your consideration.

Hi Everyone

My migration agent submitted my Decision Ready (I know now that this means nothing :-( Employer sponsored PR application on 12th February. Am I able to create an Immi account so I can see the progress on this or does it only go to the migration agent? Does anyone have an idea as to the current waiting times?

Many thanks

Hi Everyone

My migration agent submitted my Decision Ready (I know now that this means nothing :-( Employer sponsored PR application on 12th February. Am I able to create an Immi account so I can see the progress on this or does it only go to the migration agent? Does anyone have an idea as to the current waiting times?

Many thanks

I was able to create my own Immi account. Needed my passport and other personal details as well as the TRN, and maybe the file number. It was actually pretty simple from the immi website. That said, it didn't really mean anything, the status changed twice, once about two weeks after my application to "Processing" and then "Finalised" when the visa was granted. My company let me know basically as soon as my Immi account did that our visa was approved.

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd share my Visa experiences for those in the same boat.

Main advice would be...always do things by the book & use a Migration Agent! :)

Obviously some of them were a few years back now, however, my Visa processing times were as follows:

2nd Year Working Holiday - Approved within 6 hours (understand some are not even looked at prior to approval :))

457 - Approved within 6 Days

186 - Decision Ready Submitted 16th Dec 13 - Approved 5th Jan 14 (taking into account Immi were on skeleton staff over the Holidays)

I won't go into details, but I've had best friends who have submitted applications at similar times; non-decision ready & paperwork completed themselves; they had applications Rejected (-$8k, no refunds) as they weren't aware of the simple requirements from an Employer/Employee side...spend the extra cash on an Agent.

Good Luck to All!

Edited by Walks

Quick note with a suggestion. My application, at 87 days, was the quickest by a couple of days of the 30 or so I tracked through yesterday, or 2 to 3 weeks shorter than our average and about 40 days shorter than the typical longest of 125 days or so. This is all a bit of black arts, hence tracking and sharing data, but I did something that may have helped.

I wrote a short, very polite, email in the hopes of expediting my application. I have no idea if it did so, but I did get it approved prior to the date I requested. Obviously, your situations will be different, but if there's any reasonable request you can make, it may well be worth doing. From contacts, the key is to remain polite and have that sensible reason. Just asking for priority treatment could well backfire on you. Here's a slightly edited version of the email I sent:

I'm writing regarding my ENS 186 application. I'm hoping I may be able to expedite the review of my file due to my son's education status and the significantly lower fees if we are granted the 186 visa.

My son <redacted>, who is also on the application, was able to achieve an excellent ATAR score which has resulted in acceptance to the University of Melbourne on a Commonwealth supported position. However, as we are currently on a 457 visa, that acceptance has been transferred to an international fee paying position.

The difference in fees between Commonwealth supported and International fee paying is quite significant. Approximately $9,000 p.a. compared to approximately $37,000 p.a.

I appreciate that the service standard for processing visas is 6-8 months; I have also seen a number of 186 applications approved that were submitted in October or November last year.

Those processing time examples give me some hope it may be possible to receive an answer on our application prior to the University's cut-off date for a Commonwealth position.

The cut-off date for securing the Commonwealth supported position varies slightly depending on which specific courses he selects, but the earliest is 17 March and the latest about 30 March.

Should it be possible to have my file reviewed in the next 3 to 4 weeks it will make a huge difference to <redacted's> University career and our finances.

Best regards and thank you for your consideration.

Hi CDR , thanks for your sharing.

When did you sent the email? Just several days before the approval?

and you send it to your case officer or other email address?

Hi CDR , thanks for your sharing.

When did you sent the email? Just several days before the approval?

and you send it to your case officer or other email address?

I sent it Feb 20 to nsw.pse@immi.gov.au The NSW is obviously the state (I was also given the choice to send to vic.pse) pse seems to be the email for the ENS 186 transition scheme.

Thank you so much for your informaiton

You're quite welcome swimming. I also just remembered where I got the email address from, it's on the bottom of our acknowledgement of a valid application as well as the bottom of the bridging visa grant letter. Yours is likely there as well.

Hi everyone,

I want to share my timeline:

nomination:05 june 2013

nomination approuved:21 august 2013

visa application:05 december 2013

visa granted:19 march 2014

We did the application with all the documents requiert by the immigration and had no news since today.

We've applied throught parramatta and the grant was from perth.

It was transition stream without immigration agent.

Thanks all and good luck for all still waiting.

Hi, very new to this forum and would like to share my "ing" time line.

457-186

Chinese Nationality

visa and nomination:1 Feb 2014

All docs uploaded with application, medical checked in prior of application.

The IMMI account online status changed to in progress on 13th Feb 2014 and all uploaded docs showed 13/2/2014 as Feb.

Not received any contact from IMMI yet, however will keep update here with all folks.

Good luck everyone.

Hi, very new to this forum and would like to share my "ing" time line.

457-186

Chinese Nationality

visa and nomination:1 Feb 2014

All docs uploaded with application, medical checked in prior of application.

The IMMI account online status changed to in progress on 13th Feb 2014 and all uploaded docs showed 13/2/2014 as Feb.

Not received any contact from IMMI yet, however will keep update here with all folks.

Good luck everyone.

we submitted on the similar day,

fingers crossed

Just a small update nomination and visa lodged 6 dec 2013 Ens 186 transition stream (parmatta) NDR through MA

co assigned 12 march

co requested for more documents on 19 march

all requested documents submitted in 3 hours on 19 th march same day fingers crossed now :-)

Just a small update nomination and visa lodged 6 dec 2013 Ens 186 transition stream (parmatta) NDR through MA

co assigned 12 march

all requested documents submitted in 3 hours on 19 th march same day fingers crossed now :-)

Hi Shobi, is good to hear that!

Would you please also advise what kind of document that the co asked?

co assigned 12 march

There you go! Things are moving now :)