Hi Paddyirishman

Congratulation. I also submitted employer nomination for ENS 186 direct entry on 30th Aug 2013 which was approved on 8th Jan 2014. I have submitted my visa application thru Migration agent as DRC. Completed medical. No update since than. Can anyone advise me how long it should take to get CO assign. I have submitted application at Perth Office.

Hi David

Congratulation. Good News. Would like to share your timeline and place where application was submitted. I submitted my visa application on 20th Nov 2013 at Perth office direct entry ENS 186. Medical completed. Employer nomination approved on 8th Jan 2014.

Long time anxious watcher of this thread, so it's time to share my experience:

Nomination submitted: 01/07/13

Nomination approved: 29/08/13

Application submitted: 06/09/13

CO assigned: Early December sometime (Parramatta Office)

No contact whatsoever since. I've sent numerous emails, made numerous phone calls to try find out what my pregnant wife needs to do about her medical, as she can't do the xray but haven't been able to get a straight answer. We live in wait, for now at least :(

Congratulations - when is the baby due? Most likely they will put the application on hold until the baby is born then as long as employer agrees baby can be added to application and they will both need medicals.

alternative is that she has the x ray! as they can protect with a shield and the levels are very low! although it may depend what stage she is at. this will mean you can get the visa but the baby will then either need a child visa or be born in Australia, in which case they will become a citizen at birth.

you really need to discuss with the employer as well as this can impact your start date.

you need to go through all possibilities really.

Thanks rammy, d-day is April 20th :)

the good news is we're already in Australia and I'm already working for the employer on a 457. The whole X-ray during pregnancy thing can be very confusing. Australian health authorities actively discourage it, while US and others argue that the exposure is minimal and harmless to the baby. I'll update here once I hear from IMMI...

Hi All,

Got the good news today ! :-)

Direct Stream, DR MA, nomination and visa application lodged to Parramatta 01/11/2013

186 Granted 29/01/2014

Good luck to everyone still waiting

Congrats Planetdave .

Could you let us know what is the evisa look like and the status changes before getting the grant .

In my case we applied for 186 on 15th october . Nomination was approved on 14th of Jan 2014.

All the documents are in received status . Medical status for me and kid says 'no health tests required ...' where as for my wife 'organize health link' is appearing . Not sure why organize health link is appearing for her as she also did her medicals long back it self .

No communication from CO . I think CO was assigned a week back and changed mine and kid medical status on last friday .

Please let us know your details so that we know what is going on and when we can expect a grant or update.

Regards,

Kishore.

Hi all

Been following this thread ever since we first applied for PR and have found it a huge help. I'm extremely excited that today our 186 visa was GRANTED!

Here are the important bits

Lodged application and employee nomination together: 25th October 2013

Visa office lodged with: Paramatta via MA

Decision ready application

All necessary documents submitted at time of lodgement including medical and everything else they ask for

No word from a CO until....

Visa approved: 30th January 2014 via Melbourne (which struck me as a little odd)

So it took almost exactly three months from end to end.

All the best to those waiting, keep the faith. Happy to answer any questions anyone has about the process.

Hi all

Been following this thread ever since we first applied for PR and have found it a huge help. I'm extremely excited that today our 186 visa was GRANTED!

Here are the important bits

Lodged application and employee nomination together: 25th October 2013

Visa office lodged with: Paramatta via MA

Decision ready application

All necessary documents submitted at time of lodgement including medical and everything else they ask for

No word from a CO until....

Visa approved: 30th January 2014 via Melbourne (which struck me as a little odd)

So it took almost exactly three months from end to end.

All the best to those waiting, keep the faith. Happy to answer any questions anyone has about the process.

congrats, snowjunky! just curious, was your 186 direct-entry or transition stream? thanks

Hi all,

I lodged my application and nomination today and had an email almost immediatly accepting the application as valid and it is now listed as in progress. How do I upload documents and what documents do I need to upload? We are still awaiting out police clearance checks. Do they email you to tell you what and when to upload? I've applied under direct entry stream, any ideas from all your experiences roughly how long this may take?

Thanks for all your help guys, very excited and nervous as the dream is now becoming more real!

Rebekah

You upload documents on the site where you lodged your application (I lodged mine before they changed the system so can't direct you to what area/buttons). When I did mine, they listed pretty much every category of information as requested, and most wasn't relevant to the 186 visa so that's not much help. There's a document checklist on the DIBP website, so that'll give you a summary of what's required. You should upload as soon as you can so they have documents when they process your visa.

Hi, really happy for those who already got their visas! yehey! :))

It just sucks that im in bridging visa, i can work but no one will hire me. :(

ENS 186 timeline

date of visa application: Dec. 17, 2013 - online no MA. complete docs.

still waiting in vain :(

Why is the company who's sponsoring you not prepared to employ you?

Hi All

May I know if any one has got visa grant from Perth Office for ENS 186 Direct stream since 8th Jan 2014. I got employer nomination approved on 8th Jan 2014. I had submitted my visa application on 20th Nov 2013 at perth office ens 186 direct stream DRC application. No news till date. Any idea when I should expect?

Hi mrk

when did you lodged your nomination and how long it took to approved?

Hi Shobi777

Given below are my time line for Ens 186 direct entry DRC application through Migration Agent. Perth Office

Nomination Application submitted : 02 Aug 2013

Nomination Approved : 08 Jan 2014

Visa application submitted : 20 Nov 2013

Medical form 80 and rest all document submitted. No news since 8th Jan 2014. Appreciate if you can adivse. My daughter is going to start her uni from end of Feb, it would be great if I can get PR before.

Best Regards

Manoj

Hi Shobi777

Given below are my time line for Ens 186 direct entry DRC application through Migration Agent. Perth Office

Nomination Application submitted : 02 Aug 2013

Nomination Approved : 08 Jan 2014

Visa application submitted : 20 Nov 2013

Medical form 80 and rest all document submitted. No news since 8th Jan 2014. Appreciate if you can adivse. My daughter is going to start her uni from end of Feb, it would be great if I can get PR before.

Best Regards

Manoj

Hi manoj

if you lodged dr I hope you will approval in next couple of weeks as your nomination has already been approved let hope

Hi Shoi777

Thanks for instant response. Do you think I can get before 20th Feb? should I call DIBP? my MA says it may not happen in Feb but sure in Mar. Is there any way to find out status if CO is assigned. online service website shows status as in progress.

Your advise will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards

Manoj

I am not 100 percent sure about it I have applied in December and I have not heard anything yet . I spoke to my lawyers they told me that doesnot matter if I have applied as DR application it's not going to process as DR because from 6 dec 2013 they are not taking DR applications anymore because now they forward cases to the case officer from the date of lodgement but in ur case nomination has been approved so that's why we can hope because I have seen 70 percent cases they got approval in 2 to 3 months