Hi Tony

Mine's in Parramatta, but the CO seems to have gone AWOL and the MA is refusing to chase because he thinks it could delay the application further.....aAaagghh!!!??!?

I feel like giving up. This is the most frustrating process ever.

agree totally but all we can do is wait like little mushrooms !

agree totally but all we can do is wait like little mushrooms !

I'm gutted. When we heard we had a case officer last week, And they only needed a small amount of further info that I knew we could provide quickly, I was convinced we would have the visa this week. Can't believe another weekend is going to go by in this limbo land. My stepson is devastated, it looks like he's missed out on his uni place for next year.

I'm keeping an eye on this thread as I'm submitting my application next week - but I'm just wondering why people become so anxious when the estimated time given on the website is 6 months?

Hi Melbkitty ,

I'm pretty sure you will be understand why after you lodged your application :)) it just painful !!

Hi MelbKitty - I can't speak for anyone else, but the reason I have become so anxious is because the 6 month timeframe appeared to be a 'maximum' I have paid for an MA to apply decision ready, as these applications are supposed to be priority. It would now appear that they aren't given priority at all, which is incredibly frustrating, as it seems like a waste of money. It also makes you very nervous when you see other people's applications being approved before you, when they applied after. It makes you think there may be something wrong or that yours has somehow been missed? When it affects children (in my case 18 year old step son) they're not the most patient of people, and trying to explain the process to them when you have no idea/explanation also adds to the anxiety.

I'm keeping an eye on this thread as I'm submitting my application next week - but I'm just wondering why people become so anxious when the estimated time given on the website is 6 months?

Having spent nearly 14k so far on a family DR visa via an MA and realise that different offices are vastly different processing times can be very frustating ...I hope you dont

endure a communicationless 6+ months as some have done ...as another member has pointed out DR apps are very expensive and the clear message from DIAC is that they are treated

as a priority ..which at Vic does not seem to ring true

I have seen other fortunate individuals granted 186 ens which is great ..but you should understand that until you have the grant you are effectively in limbo .

Guest comeon2012

Why couldn't I log into the eVisa system? I am sure I typed the right user ID and password just as before.

Did anybody have the same problem as me?

I have known the reason, see below:

Changes to online lodgement services

In early December 2013, we will make changes to our online visa lodgement services. The changes will affect all current, saved, unsubmitted online applications. If you have an unsubmitted visa application when the changes are made, you will not be able to retrieve it and you will have to start again.

If you do not want to lose your saved online visa application, we encourage you to submit it before 6 December.

Please ensure you meet all the relevant criteria before submitting your visa application.

Edited by comeon2012

hello everyone!!

I lodged my application on the 5th of december and now i created a account with the new immiaccount.

when i try to import my application i have to choose for which visa i applied then the TRN and then after the ORGANISATION DETAILS.

Anyone knows what is "organisation details"/organistion name??

cheers

hello everyone!!

I lodged my application on the 5th of december and now i created a account with the new immiaccount.

when i try to import my application i have to choose for which visa i applied then the TRN and then after the ORGANISATION DETAILS.

cheers

I did the same yesterday and nearly had heart failure when it said there was no application done look further down there is another 186/187 bit choose that and it asks you for dob etc I think it was well it will let you create and import your visa app

Hi all,

So after passively watching the thread since March, I thought I'd post my experience.

I filed my application for me and my partner on the 28th of June 2013 through an MA. I'm an IT consultant working for a large global software company, so this was the ENS 186 stream. The application was DR, and I heard nothing for months. I chased my MA last month (end of November) only to keep being told they hadn't heard anything and expect at least 6 months. However, I thought I'd give calling DIBP a call on Friday, and Lo! and behold, they said my application was FINALISED on the 17th of October. They would not divulge if it was approved or rejected. After a few hours of nail biting, unanswered phone calls and general mild annoyance (a mild understatement), my MA got back to me and said that a VEVO check had revealed that, yes, our PR was approved on the 17th of October. The only thing they could say about why I hadn't heard was that it was a technical glitch.

Anyway, I am over the moon, even if the way of finding out was a bit anticlimactic. I recommend to anyone who is waiting and have just been going through their migration agent to call DIBP directly. Just have your passport number ready and they should be able to tell you the progress.

Good luck to all those who are waiting!

Stream : ENS Subclass 186 - Decision Ready

Application date: 28/6/2013

CO Assigned : No idea.

Nomination approved : No idea.

Visa approved and granted : 17/10/2013

Actual knowledge of approved Visa: 13/12/2013

Ivar

hello everyone!!

cheers

This is the name of your employer/sponsor, must be the same as appeared in the submitted nomination.

Hi all,

So after passively watching the thread since March, I thought I'd post my experience.

I filed my application for me and my partner on the 28th of June 2013 through an MA. I'm an IT consultant working for a large global software company, so this was the ENS 186 stream. The application was DR, and I heard nothing for months. I chased my MA last month (end of November) only to keep being told they hadn't heard anything and expect at least 6 months. However, I thought I'd give calling DIBP a call on Friday, and Lo! and behold, they said my application was FINALISED on the 17th of October. They would not divulge if it was approved or rejected. After a few hours of nail biting, unanswered phone calls and general mild annoyance (a mild understatement), my MA got back to me and said that a VEVO check had revealed that, yes, our PR was approved on the 17th of October. The only thing they could say about why I hadn't heard was that it was a technical glitch.

Anyway, I am over the moon, even if the way of finding out was a bit anticlimactic. I recommend to anyone who is waiting and have just been going through their migration agent to call DIBP directly. Just have your passport number ready and they should be able to tell you the progress.

Good luck to all those who are waiting!

Stream : ENS Subclass 186 - Decision Ready

Application date: 28/6/2013

CO Assigned : No idea.

Nomination approved : No idea.

Visa approved and granted : 17/10/2013

Actual knowledge of approved Visa: 13/12/2013

Ivar

Congrats Ivar what a nice Xmas present :)

can I ask which DIPB office ?

Hi Ivar

Did you lodge medical upfront as well???

Thanks

Mikepat

Hey Mike,

Yes we did. I was actually a bit worried about those, as they were actually conducted in July 2012. However, they apparently last for 1 year, with a possibility of the CO allowing for an extra 6 months, which he had done.

The reason we had to wait so long to apply was that my company had to get all their paperwork in order after the major changes to sponsorship rules as of July 2012.

Ivar

Hi everyone, how does the 186 visa work? I have a job starting in July and been offered sponsorship under the 186 visa! Employer currently sorting their end out so no application done as yet! I was advised that the employer contributes financially to the visa! Is this true? My initial research implies that the first payment would be approximately £5600 for myself my husband and my daughter! Lot of money! Any advice would be greatly appreciated as we are just starting this journey! Thank you

My father is on a 457 Visa. He is eligible for a an employer-sponsored nomination scheme for permanent residency. He has lodged his application bringing us with him also.

His case officer contacted him that he need to show another IELTS test result as the one he submitted does not require the minimum english requirement. He got 6 in all the components except for the listening. He only got 4.5 on this. It is mainly due to the fact that my dad has severe hearing loss as diagnosed. However, we weren't able to inform the test centre of this so no special adjustments was made and he took the test anyway.

The other way to prove is to show at least 5 years in secondary or tertiary education in English medium but my dad only has 4 years of this.

Otherwise, he said that we might have to withdraw our application or else, it might be refused on the basis that my dad is unable to meet the English requirement.

My dad is willing to sit in another exam. We don't know yet if his CO will allow this. And we are willinh to pay the second installment also if applicable (for applicants that are assessed as to not having minimum English requirements)

We badly need the visa as we were main victims of the recent supertyphoon. Our little city is still recovering.

If anyone has experienced a similar circumstance, i greatly appreciate your advice for the matter.Thank you.

Does anyone know how to get HAP ID after u lodged your application form?

Hi PrinceW. When you open your e-visa account, you can find it in a link below the attachments box. Just click that link and it will redirect you to a page where you have to answer certain health questions. After that, you will be asked to print your referral letter with your HAP ID.

If there is no link yet, just wait. It will soon appear there.

Hi all, received email from my MA this morning. He has been in touch with the CO who has confirmed they received the updated docs we sent and he will review them by Friday 20 Dec. So fingers crossed we should hear SOMETHING on Friday.... Will keep you posted. Keep positive people..

Good to hear from u ,I got my nomination approved today

Nomination applied 6 june

Visa applied 7 june

Nomination approved 18 december

Visa approved : waiting hope to hear before friday finger crossed