Hi Bonza - congrats on your grant that's so quick!

I only lodged my nomination and application yesterday. In your timeline you say that your employer lodged their BAS statement. BAS wasn't listed in the checklists as needing to be lodged. Do you think I should lodge it anyway? If so how many statements did your employer lodge?

Thanks Hayley and welcome aboard :)

YES the BAS/P&L statement is not mandatory therefore my employer chose not to submit it for the Nomination and I did not apply as DRC(Decision Ready) for the Nomination part.

When I was allocated the Case Officer (CO) the request was for P&L statement for 2 years or the most recent BAS I think.

Only lodged yesterday and I've just been online to submit some further documents and it gave me access to the "organise your medical examination link". So i've printed the forms.

My question is - should I go ahead and book my medicals in now and submit then or should I wait for the CO to ask for them?

This is actually great! Go ahead and complete your Medical History online and then make an appointment for your medicals - www.emedical.immi.gov.au/eMed/eMedicalClient

In my experience (student visa prior to 457) being allocated a CO is big hurdle to clear. Once you have a CO if you provided all information in a concise and consistent manner as per the checklist you should have a fast approval.

Also go ahead and get your police checks and submit them too.

If you are in the unique position of having the same CO for your Nomination and Visa then approval can be very speedy.

Good luck!

It's so hard being waiting on something happen... just gotta hope for the best.

at least you have nominations approved which is good sign...

Ya but its just very frustrating that people who applied in July have got their visas in august and look at my time line.....5 months n nothing happening at all...I am bit anxious now...I ask my MA every two weeks but he says no updates...

I don't know how long time do we have to wait for....i may call DIAC on Thursday.will post what ever answer i get...In that meaning time fingers crossed....please post a thread if any one have any questions or recent contact with DIAC or MA regarding application.

We are also waiting for a 186 approval through Victoria, lodged in June 13. We have a MA who said we have a case officer but we are 5th in the queue and its complex as there are 5 of us in our family. We heard the elections held up the process but not sure if that's fact or speculation. Either way the wait is killing us, we need to get our children enrolled in school for Jan 14!

Edited by ahhemmac
incorrect date

It seems everyone's applications are frozen at this stage. It looks like we are complaining but we are not aware of how many applications would have lodged before 30th june 2013 because of the visa fees increase.

we all just have to wait and figures crossed..

let's wait for few more months.

Hey Bonza..Thanks for your reply.

Employer has now provided BAS statements for the last year and they've been uploaded. Thanks for your help on that!

I am a bit cautious about paying for medicals and police checks (Aus and UK) just in case for ANY reason my nomination/application runs into difficulties. It shouldn't as its fairly straight forward with no complicating factors (so i believe!). Only reason for my caution is that I had previously applied for an 856 visa in 2012 (and paid for medicals/police clearances everything) and then my nomination got refused (Issues with MA...long story) and I had to withdraw my application.

So I don't want to end up in the same situation again where I have paid for them and they then expire...again!

I suppose it will speed things up if I submit everything that is required.....decisions decisions. What do you think??

Hey Bonza..Thanks for your reply.

Employer has now provided BAS statements for the last year and they've been uploaded. Thanks for your help on that!

I am a bit cautious about paying for medicals and police checks (Aus and UK) just in case for ANY reason my nomination/application runs into difficulties. It shouldn't as its fairly straight forward with no complicating factors (so i believe!). Only reason for my caution is that I had previously applied for an 856 visa in 2012 (and paid for medicals/police clearances everything) and then my nomination got refused (Issues with MA...long story) and I had to withdraw my application.

So I don't want to end up in the same situation again where I have paid for them and they then expire...again!

I suppose it will speed things up if I submit everything that is required.....decisions decisions. What do you think??

True. I didn't consider that and paid for everything upfront.

I guess you have reason to be cautious. Remember the C.O gives you 30 days to respond to the request (this doesn't mean 30 days to submit the required documents... just 30 days to respond and/or evidence progress on the request or ask for an extension).

Has your company recently had any ENS approved?

True. I didn't consider that and paid for everything upfront.

I guess you have reason to be cautious. Remember the C.O gives you 30 days to respond to the request (this doesn't mean 30 days to submit the required documents... just 30 days to respond and/or evidence progress on the request or ask for an extension).

Has your company recently had any ENS approved?

Hey :)

No my company hasn't - We are a very small operation and I am the only sponsored worker everyone else is Australian. I think I might apply for my UK clearance as that takes a good few weeks anyway and it's not that much money (from memory). The CO I had for my 856 said that I would still be able to use my last police clearance - even tho its over a year old - but only if i hadn't been back to the UK since then....which unfortunately I have. My partner can still use his previous police clearance tho which is a bonus.

I think i'll wait until I receive a request from the CO for the medicals. OR hope and pray that they'll accept the last ones we did (June 2012).

Thanks Bonza :)

Hey :)

No my company hasn't - We are a very small operation and I am the only sponsored worker everyone else is Australian. I think I might apply for my UK clearance as that takes a good few weeks anyway and it's not that much money (from memory). The CO I had for my 856 said that I would still be able to use my last police clearance - even tho its over a year old - but only if i hadn't been back to the UK since then....which unfortunately I have. My partner can still use his previous police clearance tho which is a bonus.

I think i'll wait until I receive a request from the CO for the medicals. OR hope and pray that they'll accept the last ones we did (June 2012).

Thanks Bonza :)

It's a personal decision I guess :)

I was the first ENS applicant for my company but I was almost a 100% confident the nomination bit would come through (even if it took ages). Now that mine cleared most people are jumping to apply. They held off paying fee's. Me on the other hand I actually paid my lawyer the DIAC fee and legal fee back in Feb... Applied only in August. Go figure!

Good luck and keep in touch.

Well, I've been 11 weeks today and have heard nothing. Not a dickie bird. Ours was a DRC and my employer has sponsored lots of times before (more than 10, I think.) But I have no idea if the nomination is approved or anything. Managed to get the MA to give me the login for the website but it just says 'in progress.' It's very frustrating as some of my colleagues who applied earlier this year had their decisions in 2 weeks!

It has been long time for all the june applications lodged at Melborune office.

Mine was lodged - Decision Ready - MA - Nomination & Visa Application on 22.6.13.

Nothing so far -- I guess it will take at least 8 months...

Good Luck to all june applicants...

Hi All,

Today evening I received 186 grant email from my MA.

Here are my timelines:

DIAC Office: Parramatta

Visa Stream: 457 Transition Stream

Visa and Nomination Lodged: 26/07/2013 (MA/DRC)

Acknowledgement Received: 26/07/2013

Visa and Nomination Grant: 14/11/2013 (Total 111 Days)

From lodgement to grant, no communications... Status through out this period was "In Progress"...

I wish you all all-the-best with your applications and hope you all will also receive your approvals soon.

Cheers :)

Edited by jack2077

Hi All,

Today evening I received 186 grant email from my MA.

Here are my timelines:

DIAC Office: Parramatta

Visa Stream: 457 Transition Stream

Visa and Nomination Lodged: 26/07/2013 (MA/DRC)

Acknowledgement Received: 26/07/2013

Visa and Nomination Grant: 14/11/2013 (Total 111 Days)

From lodgement to grant, no communications... Status through out this period was "In Progress"...

I wish you all all-the-best with your applications and hope you all will also receive your approvals soon.

Cheers :)

Congrats Jack2077

My timeline so far, tired of waiting, seems there is little activity at the Melbourne office. Parramatta is getting all the approvals.

DIAC Office : Melbourne

Visa Stream : 457 to 186 Direct entry

Nomination lodged: 26/06/13

Nomination approved: 05/09/13

186 Visa lodged: 06/09/13.- Frontloaded UK and OZ PCC.

Medicals- 13/09/13

Medicals Cleared- 19/09/13

Frontload Form 80- 23/10/13

NO CO ALLOCATED- No communication nothing.

Grant- ??????????????????????????????????????????? the waiting is painful..

Edited by daddydaycare

Hi all,

visa has been granted yesterday, woohoo.

ENS 186 transition DRC with MA lodged to Perth Office

Electronics Engineer with one dependent spouse (Engineer as well)

Nomination and Application lodged on the same day: 30/08/2013

Nomination Approved: 18/09/2013

Visa grant: 14/11/2013

Good luck to all still waiting.

Hey Guys !! Following this thread since past month.

MY time line as bellow

DIAC Office : Parramatta

Visa Stream : NZ citizen to 186 Direct entry

Nomination lodged: 01/10/2013

Nomination approved: Pending

186 Visa lodged: 8/11/22013 (Completed PCC & Medical also uploaded all required documents)

Medicals- 15/11/13

Medicals Cleared- ???

Case officer : Not allocated

Grant-

Now the waiting !! :huh:

Hey Guys !! Following this thread since past month.

MY time line as bellow

Visa Stream : NZ citizen to 186 Direct entry

Nomination lodged: 01/10/2013 (by Company's MA)

Nomination approved: Pending

186 Visa lodged: 8/11/22013 (Completed PCC & Medical also uploaded all required documents)(NO MA used)

Medicals- 15/11/13

Medicals Cleared- ???

Case officer : Not allocated

Grant-

Now the waiting !! :huh:

Hi Everyone - been lurking for the past couple of months and now its my turn to share my info to help others:

MY timeline :

Visa Stream : ENS 186 Transition

UK Citizen (Family of 4)

Nomination lodged & application lodged together 19/09/2013

(Completed PCC & Medical also uploaded all required documents) MA & DRC

Visa Granted - TODAY - 15/11/2013 - 57 DAYS FROM APPLICATION TO VISA GRANT.

So happy - good luck to all still waiting - Parramatta seems to be steaming ahead now.