(Me, earlier on page 1 of post)

Ive still not got a CO allocated.

eVisa still just states application recieved.

Paramatta office.

No idea if its done on first come, first served, but if so, ill let you know as soon as I get any change.

"Application received" status will never change, the system which we login will not get updated even after getting PR. I was told that they will manually keyin the data on to their system and you will receive email once submitted on machine. The evisa status will remain same forever.

"Application received" status will never change, the system which we login will not get updated even after getting PR. I was told that they will manually keyin the data on to their system and you will receive email once submitted on machine. The evisa status will remain same forever.

Thats really interesting and useful to know, thanks.

What a pain. So that makes having a TRN to track the progress on your application through the online site, pointless! :arghh:

Hi guys , today got the nomination approved and just applied for the visa

Applied for nomination ;6 th sep

Approved ; 5 th oct

Visa ; 186 direct entry

Applied for visa : 5 th oct

Acknow letter : waiting

Thanks guys and good luck

Hi guys , today got the nomination approved and just applied for the visa

Applied for nomination ;6 th sep

Approved ; 5 th oct

Visa ; 186 direct entry

Applied for visa : 5 th oct

Acknow letter : waiting

Thanks guys and good luck

Turned out like i said! Keep us posted with the updates!

It is very clear

Onshore - Medicals / PCC needs to be lodged at the time of the application (upfront)

Offshore - Proof of having applied for PCC can suffice until further requested.

If you have your TRN from the nomination stage you can proceed to apply for the medicals, similar to what happens for your 457.

Hi Guys,

Some feedback please?

For your ENS186 (direct entry)

1. Who was the assessing authority?

2. How many years of your work-ex was assessed by the authority?

3. In relation to #2 for the 3 years work-ex requirement for DIAC, does that have to be assessed or you can submit the original employment letters regardless of whether it was assessed or not?

Thanks

Bonza

Hi bonza2211,

1. I dont understand what you mean, but DIAC is the party to make the final decision.

2.depending on what you stated in your submission(but at least 3 yrs) as long as enough evidence to surport

3.you will be asked supportive evidence like employ contracts, recommendation letters with details contacts etc....

but if you apply through Skill Assessment, that gonna be a different story.

Hi bonza2211,

1. I dont understand what you mean, but DIAC is the party to make the final decision.

Agreed!

2.depending on what you stated in your submission(but at least 3 yrs) as long as enough evidence to surport

3 years work experience requirement is from DIAC. For this I will submit :

--Appointment letter

--Exit letter

--Recommendation letter from employer (verification)

--Copy of contract (if available)

The above is all overseas work-ex.

3.you will be asked supportive evidence like employ contracts, recommendation letters with details contacts etc....

For VETASSESS I need only 1 year relevant work experience highly relevant to my area of study.I have :

--Master of Marketing from University of Sydney

--19 months Australian work-ex as a Marketing consultant

So what Im getting at is I dont want to submit my overseas work-ex to VETASSESS(for faster processing) but I will submit enough for my Positive assessment.

I will submit the overseas work-ex only to DIAC to fulfill the 3 year rule.

Does that seem ok? As it doesnt explicitly state anywhere that DIAC will only consider work-ex if assessed by VETASSESS.

For example for my 457 visa I submitted all my work-ex without an assessment.

but if you apply through Skill Assessment, that gonna be a different story.

What do you mean?

Edited by bonza2211

Skills assessment requirements and DIAC visa requirements are two separate issues.

DIAC nominates which assessing authority can assess which occupation.

Each assessing authority “independently” decides on the criteria for skills assessment and the document requirements for the assessment. These criteria and document requirements for Skills Assessment are often different to DIAC visa requirements.

To further complicate the issue, some assessing authorities can now also give an opinion on employment experience.

DIAC can use the assessing authority opinion in regards to employment experience, but they are not bound by this advice.

Be mindful that if claiming employment experience for points, the employment experience must be at the appropriate skill level, in most cases this means post qualification.

These criteria and document requirements for Skills Assessment are often different to DIAC visa requirements.

Most definitely. Skills Assessment scrutiny is a different matter all together.

Be mindful that if claiming employment experience for points, the employment experience must be at the appropriate skill level, in most cases this means post qualification.

As I see it there is no points requirement for the ENS186 but simply the need to demonstrate "3 years - employment experience at the appropriate skill level, in most cases post qualification."

Thanks Raul!!! I am going to bite the bullet and submit the skills assessment with just the latest work-ex history I've got to speed things up. DIAC can recieve the whole shebang (I earlier submitted this for my 457 and I reckon it was sufficient as I received my 457 in under 10 days:) ).

cheers

Bonza

Hi mates,

I paid online applicaiton(ENS186) fee but could not get the receipt.(once I clicked on "view receipt" after payment, it came up a new tab indicating "loading......" upleft the conor but nothing turned up after 2 hrs).

anyone got the same problem?

cheers,

Liu