Hi everyone, 

Is it anyone has the same problems or known about this cases??How long for waiting? Where can I call to ask? 

I won AAT for 482 visa in 17/6/2021, after my lawer sent few emails to remind them I received an request for medical test and completed 21/11 (they even did not inform to my migration about medical test, they only updated in my profiles). Until now, I am still not received visa after almost 7 months from AAT and approx 3 months from medical examination. I have sent more than 4 emails after medical test but did not receive any repond. Can anyone give me advises?

Many thanks.

Edited by victortran

14 hours ago, victortran said:

Hi everyone, 

Is it anyone has the same problems or known about this cases??How long for waiting? Where can I call to ask? 

I won AAT for 482 visa in 17/6/2021, after my lawer sent few emails to remind them I received an request for medical test and completed 21/11 (they even did not inform to my migration about medical test, they only updated in my profiles). Until now, I am still not received visa after almost 7 months from AAT and approx 3 months from medical examination. I have sent more than 4 emails after medical test but did not receive any repond. Can anyone give me advises?

Many thanks.

Nomi Applied on:  12.11.2019

Visa Applied on : 05.06.2020

Medical check : 24.07.2020

Nomination Grant: Approved on 18.05.2021

S56 request : 28,05.2021

And on 22.07.2021 my child was born.

I updated all paper and my baby passport , medical check as well but I am still waiting for our visa. I already sent lots of complain e-mail. No idea....

Edited by JL2019

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/10/2021 at 15:24, HHH said:

Hi,

186 DE, onshore
Applied on:  14-May-2021
Medical Complete: July 2021
No of Applicants: 3
Nomination Grant: Done before visa lodgment

Update: S56 asked for health exam and kid’s birth certificate translation on 25 May, provided on 25 Jun by agent
Visa Grant: Waiting

Is it normal to wait this long time after S56? Feel very stressed now…… help. Thank you.

Hi All, 

Finally this big day comes. I received my family PR visa granted today. Good luck everyone and wish your visa approval is coming soon.

Question: Where to upload National Identity Card?

In the online application form for 186 visa, I am asked to provide my National Identity Card. However, in the page for uploading documents, there is no place for uploading a scanned (or photo) copy of my National Identity Card.

Where do you upload the National ID Card?

Many thanks!

Hi,

186 TRT, onshore, previous visa was 457 granted after Apr 2017
Applied on:  15-Sep-2021
Medical Complete: 14 Jan 2022
No of Applicants: 1

On 22/12/2021 at 20:31, pr where are you ... said:

Hi, 

Can someone guide me how to contact local MP ?

i am waiting for my visa more than 34 months. Just want to know how can i get any support from local MP. 

thank you 

Hi friend…how is your visa,did you hear anything from immigration?

Hi All, I am back but now not with my question but for my friend. Let me know if you were in the same boat as him. 

Asking for a friend.
He has 10+ years of experience as a sous chef. He wants to migrate to Australia with his family and has applied for 491 but I don't think he will get an invite anytime soon. Meanwhile, he got a job offer from Melbourne and they are sponsoring him 482 for 2yr and telling him that they will help him to file PR(ENS most probably, but I don't know). They are offering him 60k + super (Wed- Sunday work)
Can anyone recommend if this will be a good move to migrate to Aus with 482? or any other recommendation you can give.
About him: He is married and has 1 kid.
PS: I am in IT, so I don't know about this chef/cook line of work. I don't think that 60k is sufficient for a family of 3 plus get private insurance and flights for vacation and childcare.

8 hours ago, NickB89 said:

He has 10+ years of experience as a sous chef.....Meanwhile, he got a job offer from Melbourne and they are sponsoring him 482 for 2yr and telling him that they will help him to file PR(ENS most probably, but I don't know). They are offering him 60k + super (Wed- Sunday work)

I did a quick search and that seems like a fairly usual salary for a sous chef in Australia.   I agree, it's not enough to support a family of three in Melbourne, if his partner isn't planning to work.  But then not many Australians manage to raise a family with only one parent working these days. 

When employers offer a 482, they nearly always offer to help with PR.   However it's an empty promise because there's nothing to stop them "changing their mind" at the end of the contract. It's not a legally binding promise and there is no way to make it legally binding.  So your friend should plan on the basis that it might not work out and he will be going home at the end of the contract. 

On a 482, he should expect the employer to pay for his and his family's air fares to Australia AND back again at the end of the contract.  He should insist that is written into his employment contract. If he can get some additional assistance with relocation expenses (e.g. his shipping costs or a few weeks in an AirBnB) so much the better. 

On 24/02/2022 at 13:52, kyll said:

Hi,

186 TRT, onshore, previous visa was 457 granted after Apr 2017
Applied on:  15-Sep-2021
Medical Complete: 14 Jan 2022
No of Applicants: 1

Received the great news this afternoon, PR granted with no further requests

Hi Sarah I am also like you applied 186 trt in dec 19 ask for the medical and further documents in 10 October 2021 and submit all the document now still in further assessment 

Edited by Wagle

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/03/2022 at 10:37, Wagle said:

Hi Sarah I am also like you applied 186 trt in dec 19 ask for the medical and further documents in 10 October 2021 and submit all the document now still in further assessment 

got my nomination on march 2020 n still waiting until now(applied on jul 2019) , (cook), this is taking forever :(

Anyone know the approx times for a Nurse.

We’ve applied for 186 Ens DE

23/02/2022 visa lodged

3/3/2022 medicals cleared.

My partner is on the priority PMSOL as she’s a critical care nurse.

All paperwork/proof/criminal checks everything submitted.

I know what the immigration timescales are but has anyone recently gone over as a nurse on 186 ens?

any help or guidance on timelines would really help!!

My timeline is exactly the same as Mrandmrsp now I'm juss sitting hear grinding my finger nails.

186 ens DE 

24/02/2022 Visa lodged

11/03/2022 medicals cleared 

Partner is also on PMSOL she is Mental health nurse.

Now we juss waiting and hopping for any kind of movement. 

On 26/03/2022 at 22:51, Jayws said:

My timeline is exactly the same as Mrandmrsp now I'm juss sitting hear grinding my finger nails.

186 ens DE 

24/02/2022 Visa lodged

Kind of comforting to know someone else in my shoes. Lets keep each other informed. On another note do you or anyone know if it's possible to get a 482 TSS visa whilst waiting for the 186 to come through? It would be same employer.

7 hours ago, Mrandmrsp said:

Kind of comforting to know someone else in my shoes. Lets keep each other informed. On another note do you or anyone know if it's possible to get a 482 TSS visa whilst waiting for the 186 to come through? It would be same employer.

You only lodged your application two months ago.  They say the 186DE is being processed very quickly these days, but by that they mean 3 or 4 months, not a few weeks.  The 482 would take just as long, so no benefit in applying for it.

7 hours ago, Mrandmrsp said:

I have searched this forum and others looking for nurse's who have applied for 186 without any luck. From what I understand you can apply for other visa's and the applications won't affect each other but I might be wrong so speak to a good immigration agent. If anything changes on our side I will keep you posted.

1 hour ago, Jayws said:

From what I understand you can apply for other visa's and the applications won't affect each other ....

You are correct, BUT there is a catch. You can APPLY for two visas but you can't HOLD two visas.  So if you get one, then another one is granted, the second one cancels the first. 

In @Mrandmrsp's case, they have a 186 in progress and let's say they decide to apply for the 482.    A month later, the 186 is approved!   In their excitement, they forget about the 482 application.   A few days later, the 482 is approved.  So now they've only got a 482 and their 186 is completely cancelled!

In a nutshell, if you've applied for a visa that has a very long processing time, like a parent visa, then there's no problem applying for other short-term visas in the meantime.  They're not likely to clash in any way.  However when you're applying for a visa with a short processing time, like the 186DE, it could be risky.

Dear All, 

Just have a query for migration agents !!!!

Would the below regulation be applicable for 186 Direct Entry? 

MIGRATION REGULATIONS 1994 - REG 2.27C

Skilled occupation in Australia

In determining whether an applicant satisfies a criterion that the applicant has been employed in a skilled occupation for a certain period, a period of employment in Australia must not be counted unless the applicant:

(a)  held:

(i)  a substantive visa; or

(ii)  a Subclass 010 Bridging A visa; or

(iii)  a Subclass 020 Bridging B visa;

authorising him or her to work during that period; and

(b)  complied with the conditions of that visa.

Really appreciate your answers !!!!

On 26/03/2022 at 22:51, Jayws said:

186 ens DE 

24/02/2022 Visa lodged

I have a question and hope someone could fill me in. I know its only been a month since the lodgement of application however, I forgot to mention that nomination was applied for separate and was approved early Jan does this mean our application will be processed much quicker or is it luck of the draw. 

16 hours ago, Jayws said:

I have a question and hope someone could fill me in. I know its only been a month since the lodgement of application however, I forgot to mention that nomination was applied for separate and was approved early Jan does this mean our application will be processed much quicker or is it luck of the draw. 

We had our nomination in December so I just think we have to wait to the timescales. I’m going to put to back of mind and get on with things otherwise I’ll go mad just waiting