Hi!
I've been a silent reader of this chat and it has helped me a lot, so here is my timeline to encourage all the scientists out there:

186 DE, onshore
Applied on:  10th-March-2021
Medical Complete: 15th April 2021
Nomination Grant: Approved on 18th October 2021
Visa Grant: 4th November 2021

Best of luck to everyone!

• Haha 1
  • Congratulations 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

I’ve been avidly reading your processing times for some emotional support. However, I’m in dire need of some advice.

I’m an onshore VIC applicant from Singapore applying under the occupation of graphic design. 

Here is my timeline:

Applied nomination & visa: 30th Nov 2020

Medical complete: 14th feb 2021 

Department request on more documents (medical & police clearance): 8th April 2021 

Lodge 1st complaint to department: 21st sept 2021 

Department response to wait patiently: 11th Oct 2021 

For more context, I’ve been at this company for over 6 years now. I went from a graduate visa to two work sponsorship visa - 457 & 482. It is because I held a 457 visa that is why I can apply for PR theough work. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, some time in April 2021 the company went through some financials and made 80% of the employees redundant. I was one of those that got made redundant. 

At that time in April 2021, the migrant agent the company hired was confident I would have gotten my visa approved by end of May 2021 as she saw some movement in some applicants that was in a similar position as me. 

Unfortunately, as you know, since may 2021, there was barely any movement in my application. Fortunately, since the redundancy, the company has been extra kind to keep me on a part time basis. 

The bad news is, it seems like my employer is requesting we come to a consensus on when my end date of employment should be. It appears he would like to wrap our employment up by end of 2021. 

I’m in desperate need for some advice as I feel like my visa is so close to getting approved and really don’t want to throw all the work done down in the drain! 

Should I look into hiring my own migration agent? Or do I need to speak to a migration lawyer for more advice? 

Help! Any feedback would be much appreciated! 

On 16/11/2021 at 05:22, Jooan said:

Hi everyone, 

I’ve been avidly reading your processing times for some emotional support. However, I’m in dire need of some advice.

I’m an onshore VIC applicant from Singapore applying under the occupation of graphic design. 

Here is my timeline:

Department request on more documents (medical & police clearance): 8th April 2021 

For more context, I’ve been at this company for over 6 years now. I went from a graduate visa to two work sponsorship visa - 457 & 482. It is because I held a 457 visa that is why I can apply for PR theough work. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, some time in April 2021 the company went through some financials and made 80% of the employees redundant. I was one of those that got made redundant. 

At that time in April 2021, the migrant agent the company hired was confident I would have gotten my visa approved by end of May 2021 as she saw some movement in some applicants that was in a similar position as me. 

Unfortunately, as you know, since may 2021, there was barely any movement in my application. Fortunately, since the redundancy, the company has been extra kind to keep me on a part time basis. 

The bad news is, it seems like my employer is requesting we come to a consensus on when my end date of employment should be. It appears he would like to wrap our employment up by end of 2021. 

I’m in desperate need for some advice as I feel like my visa is so close to getting approved and really don’t want to throw all the work done down in the drain! 

Should I look into hiring my own migration agent? Or do I need to speak to a migration lawyer for more advice? 

Hi Jooan,

You're probably thinking it already but naturally, anyone in your position would find it very difficult to accept. The reality is, it's a very uncomfortable situation to be in.

Since 2018, with the implementation of TSS visas, there is no longer an assumption, or "automatic right" to a pathway to permanent residence. Your company must show that there is a specified genuine need for the nominee to remain employed in the nominated position.

One of the most important criteria in your nomination is evidencing "Genuine need".

When assessing 'genuine need', Home Affairs will take into account that there indeed exists a vacancy for the nominated position and the position is ongoing.

No doubt the Department will need to see financials and from that, they will find out if the business is under financial stress, especially if 80% of its employees were made redundant in recent months.

As this is a work-sponsored visa, the department needs to be sure and satisfied that your company can afford to keep you employed there for 2 years minimum. In your case, this will be the most challenging part.

Here are some indicative the nominated position not being genuinely needed:

- Redundancies in the previous 12 months.

- Reduction of hours worked during the previous 12 months.

- Reduction of pay and conditions within the previous 12 months.

I truly hope that you may be able to find a way to convince the department of "Genuine Need" and that you can be successful with your application. I think it would be wise to consult a lawyer in this case. Although the process will be long and arduous, not to mention costly.

9 minutes ago, iderfis said:

Hi Jooan,

You're probably thinking it already but naturally, anyone in your position would find it very difficult to accept. The reality is, it's a very uncomfortable situation to be in.

Since 2018, with the implementation of TSS visas, there is no longer an assumption, or "automatic right" to a pathway to permanent residence. Your company must show that there is a specified genuine need for the nominee to remain employed in the nominated position.

You are right, there is no "automatic right" to a pathway to permanent residence.  In fact, there never was.    Unfortunately, it was always a myth, but it suited employers to let applicants believe it.   

The "transition to PR" was always just, "you may be able to apply for PR towards the end of your contract, IF your employer still needs you and IF the rules haven't changed since you started your contract".   It was easier to get that approval with the 457 but there were still many, many people who did not get PR and had to go home at the end of their 457.  

@Jooan, you definitely need to consult your own migration agent (not a lawyer, please - there is no point in going to court or appeal in this situation).  Try Suncoast Migration or Go Matilda.

Hi all,

I have been a silent reader trying to get motivation from you all. It has been a whole long wait and bumpy road for us. People were asking if anyone got approval that were offshore and never got to see much response. We took a what we thought was a month holiday to visit our countries in March 2020 and that is how we got locked out of Aussie! Back then we had 457 visa that eventually expired in Sept 2020. I wish everyone all the best. Both of us are from 3rd world countries if that info is of any importance at all. 

186 from 457, offshore
Applied on: 05- March 2020
Main applicant Occupation: Sous chef
Medical Complete: July-2020
No of Applicants: 2

More details requested (new PCC for both) :29-June 2021

Details submitted: 07-July-2021

Further request (new medical for main applicant) : 30-July-2021

Medical Complete: 05- August-2021
Nomination Grant: 20-August-2021
Ask for more details SR56 (medical & own country PCC for secondary applicant): 8-Oct-2021

Details submitted as response to SR56: 26-Oct-2021
Visa Grant: 17-November-2021

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sponserme said:

Hi All,

Quick question.

My employer is ready to sponsor me though they had financial loss due to covid in the last financial year. Will that affect my nomination?

TIA

Hi Sponserme,

The Department of Home Affairs acknowledges that businesses may have experience disruptions during the lockdown period and how it may have a negative impact on businesses across the board.

Your company must build a strong case to the Department to convince them how they are managing its recovery from the pandemic.

Below are a number of ways the business can show the department.

-financial budgets covering expenditure and anticipated revenue

-evidence of the availability of funding (such as own funds or bank loans)

-evidence of lease or purchase of equipment

-any new contracts won, any new clienteles.

-any demonstrated increases in business activity

-any demonstrated plans for future expansion

Please consult your migration agent about this and I hope that your company can provide enough evidence.

5 hours ago, HHH said:

Just see the processing time is shortened into 5-7 months. Hope it is good news for everyone here.

Sounds more like an evil joke from them, I`m waiting for almost 13 months(186DE), and official replies from DOHA sounds like "we don`t care, we process PMSOL only".
IDK where these ETAs are going from but it has nothing to do with real situation.

Edited by Nafanya

18 hours ago, iderfis said:

Hi Sponserme,

The Department of Home Affairs acknowledges that businesses may have experience disruptions during the lockdown period and how it may have a negative impact on businesses across the board.

Your company must build a strong case to the Department to convince them how they are managing its recovery from the pandemic.

Below are a number of ways the business can show the department.

-financial budgets covering expenditure and anticipated revenue

-evidence of the availability of funding (such as own funds or bank loans)

-evidence of lease or purchase of equipment

-any new contracts won, any new clienteles.

-any demonstrated increases in business activity

-any demonstrated plans for future expansion

Please consult your migration agent about this and I hope that your company can provide enough evidence.

Thank you very much for your reply iderfis

21 hours ago, HHH said:

Just see the processing time is shortened into 5-7 months. Hope it is good news for everyone here.

I am waiting it for 17month now haha. I got a nomination on May 2021 and i updated all my paper but nothing change. My state is still further assessment. It make our family hard time. 

On 16/11/2021 at 05:22, Jooan said:

Hi everyone, 

Here is my timeline:

A christmas miracle is upon us because after an intense week of figuring options. 

MY 186 GOT APPROVED AND I AM FINALLY A PERMANENT RESIDENT!! 

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 4

On 19/11/2021 at 15:35, Jooan said:

A christmas miracle is upon us because after an intense week of figuring options. 

MY 186 GOT APPROVED AND I AM FINALLY A PERMANENT RESIDENT!! 

Congratulations! When you say "some financials" did your company go loss? Did the department ask for any additional docs to prove that company is still able to sponsor you?
TIA

On 28/10/2021 at 15:24, HHH said:

Hi,

186 DE, onshore
Applied on:  14-May-2021
Medical Complete: July 2021
No of Applicants: 3
Nomination Grant: Done before visa lodgment

Update: S56 asked for health exam and kid’s birth certificate translation on 25 May, provided on 25 Jun by agent
Visa Grant: Waiting

Is it normal to wait this long time after S56? Feel very stressed now…… help. Thank you.

Hi HHH, 

Have you got any news for the department? 
I am at the same situation now. It’s been 2 months since department requested additional documents. Usually it is a good signal if they requesting for more documents, but nowadays it does not mean anything. 

I will appreciate your quick response. 

21 hours ago, SergeiZ said:

Hi HHH, 

Have you got any news for the department? 
I am at the same situation now. It’s been 2 months since department requested additional documents. Usually it is a good signal if they requesting for more documents, but nowadays it does not mean anything. 

I will appreciate your quick response. 

Nothing occurred till now. I already get into my 7th month. I don’t know what is happening on another end…

On 02/09/2021 at 14:47, Santosh1991 said:

186 trt, nsw 

Grant 2 sep 2021

nomination and visa lodged : 23 July 2020 

Hello, when was your nomination granted 🙂, my nomination was approved not long ago and I want to know how long it could take. Thanks 

Should the agent be able to support to chase and complain to government if I have not gotten any update for 7 months? My employer’s agent keep asking me to wait but do nothing even my waiting time is almost expiring longest proceeding time as seven months. Is that normal? Thanks.

Hi all, 

I have been following this chat for quite a while and it helped me keeping my hopes high. So I will share my experience to give hope to others. 🙂

186 ENS Employer Transition from 457 

Nomination & Visa Lodged: 11 Feb 2020

IMMI Requested more information from sponsor due to business losses due to Covid 

Nomination Granted: 16 November 2021

Permanent Residence Granted: 30 November 2021

Migration agent: migration@myaustralianvisa.com 

I just want to say it has been a long time and a long wait but for all of you out there there is hope! 

On 04/10/2021 at 13:47, SergeiZ said:

Hi all, 

I can see how painful for everyone the unregulated and unpredictable visa processing time. My time is on now and I am going to join this chat get any advice or to get a help. 

Here is my timeline;

186 TRT, onshore
Applied on:  
1 June 2021
Medical Complete: 9 June 2021
No of Applicants: 1

Somehow I realised that IMMI has changed the processing time for visa 186 TRT to 19-21 mounts. Does anyone know anything about these changes? 

Hi all, after 7 years, 9 months and 16 days I become Australian permanent resident. 

Here are additional information to my timeline above. 
Requested additional documents (police check, financial documents for my sponsor); September 28

The requested documents provided on ; November 16

Visa granted; November 30. 

good luck to everyone, eventually you will get it guys! 

Hi All,

I am waiting from last from last 14 months

Stream: 186DE

STATE: VIC
Country - INDIA
Number of applicants: 3
Visa and Nomination applied:  JULY 2020

CO requested for S56 (medicals for my kid & AFP for my wife): APR 2021

Details submitted as response to S56: MAY 2021

4 Complaints lodged until now but still no response from CO

IMMI Status: Further Assessment

Can anyone suggest if this is usual for all 186 applicants???

Thanks

21 hours ago, GSierra said:

Hi all, 

I have been following this chat for quite a while and it helped me keeping my hopes high. So I will share my experience to give hope to others. 🙂

186 ENS Employer Transition from 457 

Nomination & Visa Lodged: 11 Feb 2020

IMMI Requested more information from sponsor due to business losses due to Covid 

Nomination Granted: 16 November 2021

Permanent Residence Granted: 30 November 2021

Migration agent: migration@myaustralianvisa.com 

I just want to say it has been a long time and a long wait but for all of you out there there is hope! 

Hi GSierra

Congratulations on your PR. What kind of documents are requested by the department regarding financial loss?

I'm in the same situation.

TIA

Hi all!

We had our visa granted yesterday!

186 ENS DE - Onshore (VIC)

Nomination Lodged: 5 May 2021

Nomination Granted: 26 May 2021

Visa Application Lodged: 4 June 2021

Request for more information (more profs of 3 years of experience and relationships with a partner) - 28 September 2021

Visa Granted: 30 November 2021

Good luck to everyone!

• Congratulations 1

Hey all,

Sharing my timeline here as I have silently watched this forum and shared people's hopes and frustrations..

186 DE, OFFSHORE (UK), Family of 4.
Applied on:  9th Dec 2020
Medical Complete: Dec 2020
Nomination and visa Grant: 9th Dec 2021

I had to follow up once I completed 11 months (at the time this was the SLA was 7-11M). Got a reply on this Monday saying they are only processing PMSOL as a priority. However, got an email from the agent confirming visa approval.

Good luck to you all and stay positive!