I got an officer send me email and she request more information 
However, i login to my immi account. I accidentally press "information provided" and now the status changed to "application in progress". But I am still waiting for my agent to upload these documents,She’s going to upload the next week .What should I do?

24 minutes ago, Micgeo said:

However, i login to my immi account. I accidentally press "information provided" and now the status changed to "application in progress". But I am still waiting for my agent to upload these documents,She’s going to upload the next week .What should I do?

Is your occupation restaurant manager 

6 hours ago, Ahmed.AK said:

Congratulations

Just wondering, did you do Labour Maket Test where you post an ad on jobactive website? if you did, how long was it for? and if now, what was the alternative? 

Besides, how long have you been on 482 for? and do you have any idea if the period on 482 will affect the 186DE application?

Hi, no I didn’t do a Labour market test. Not 100% what that is but I had a 457 sponsored with relocation from the Uk in August 2017.

I had to wait 3 years and the same company sponsored my PR. 

I think the whole process probably took 3 months ish, after my medical was passed the confirmation came through the day after.

hope this is useful, let me know if I could help in anyway. 

17 hours ago, Micgeo said:

Hey mate what info they asked ? 

they ask me to provide new police check over a month ago and I ask my lawyer yesterday she said is better to do medical check up too just to make sure if they want medical checkup and I don’t need to wait but I can see here many people got approved with expired medical? 

Does anyone here were s56 ( employer ) after nomination was approved ? 
case officer rung me Wednesday saying that she was taking Over my case from other officer and after looking into my documents she decided to ask for further information from the employer. 

does anyone had a similar case ? What documents could it be ? 

thanks 

Edited by Dcdasilva1

On 29/04/2021 at 16:50, Micgeo said:

@Micgeo I think you'll be safe.

If your MA is uploading the required documents within the week, by the time the CO looks into this, the information will be there - personally, I don't think you'll need to do anything. 

- The only time this will be an issue, is if the CO looks at your file before the information is uploaded. That happening in 5 days is unlikely (although not impossible). 

Hi all! Hope everyone is in good condition while ready this enquiry of mine.

Just would like to find out what my options are and which would be best as Visa for me and my family.

Currently on 482 which will expire next year, thinking of doing the 186DE but not sure if I should just wait on my 3 years to ask my employer for a sponsor 186TR?

But not sure how to do this on my own, can you please show me the right way to start? 🙂

TIA! All the best!

7 minutes ago, baiken said:

Hi all! Hope everyone is in good condition while ready this enquiry of mine.

Just would like to find out what my options are and which would be best as Visa for me and my family.

Currently on 482 which will expire next year, thinking of doing the 186DE but not sure if I should just wait on my 3 years to ask my employer for a sponsor 186TR?

But not sure how to do this on my own, can you please show me the right way to start? 🙂

TIA! All the best!

You are much better to do 186 DE rather than 186 TRT for the following -

• You can do DE now rather than waiting to be eligible for TRT
  • Doing it now/earlier protects you from the Government changing the rules/visas etc. (e.g. if your job becomes ineligible for PR)
  • Processing time for DE is typically much faster (currently 5-11m for DE, 13-17m for TRT)
  • DE requires a skills assessment, though this is not much extra cost given the benefits in my opinion 
  • Getting PR earlier avoids employment risk if your current employer goes bust etc.

I think most would agree you should seek to get PR as soon as you can, wherever possible. You should look at the below links, the pages for TRT and DR are useful and outline what you need in detail. It is good to get collecting the information sooner rather than later (i.e. collecting references/doing English tests) so you are ready to apply when the time arrives.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/employer-nomination-scheme-186

Hope that helps 🙂

• Like 1

On 23/04/2021 at 12:31, Dominik said:

I've just received my golden ticket.

Number of applicants: 2

Nomination submitted: 25/01/2021

Nomination approved: 18/03/2021

Visa submitted: 13/04/2021

Medicals appointment: 18/04/2021

Medicals cleared: 20/04/2021

Visa granted: 23/04/2021

Good luck everyone!!

Which state are you in? Thanks!

22 minutes ago, sydneybrit said:

You are much better to do 186 DE rather than 186 TRT for the following -

• You can do DE now rather than waiting to be eligible for TRT
  • Doing it now/earlier protects you from the Government changing the rules/visas etc. (e.g. if your job becomes ineligible for PR)
  • Processing time for DE is typically much faster (currently 5-11m for DE, 13-17m for TRT)
  • DE requires a skills assessment, though this is not much extra cost given the benefits in my opinion 
  • Getting PR earlier avoids employment risk if your current employer goes bust etc.

I think most would agree you should seek to get PR as soon as you can, wherever possible. You should look at the below links, the pages for TRT and DR are useful and outline what you need in detail. It is good to get collecting the information sooner rather than later (i.e. collecting references/doing English tests) so you are ready to apply when the time arrives.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/employer-nomination-scheme-186

Hope that helps 🙂

@sydneybrit / @baiken It's also worth mentioning, that although I agree with what's said here, there's typically some financial help with a TRT.

A DE typically means you're doing it all yourself, including all the funding and costs included. Some companies often pay for / a portion of the TRT process. 

• Like 1

Does anyone have any idea on how long a 186 DE visa grant takes once medicals have cleared (when that's the last thing left, only s56 I had)?

Appreciate it can vary massively but it seems some people get a grant within 7-14 days, which seems too good to be true when some people wait months!

thanks @sydneybrit and @Hex for both your inputs...

i'll go see if my employer can help me out with a 186DE then instead of waiting for my 3rd year for the 186TRT... indeed it would be better for my family to be able to get that PR ASAP especially right now, the government just changes their rules so fast.

13 minutes ago, baiken said:

thanks @sydneybrit and @Hex for both your inputs...

i'll go see if my employer can help me out with a 186DE then instead of waiting for my 3rd year for the 186TRT... indeed it would be better for my family to be able to get that PR ASAP especially right now, the government just changes their rules so fast.

I think most reasonable employers understand. If your employer offers support for TRT, maybe you could offer to personally pay the difference for DE (e.g. for skills assessment) so they are not disadvantaged. Then it works well for both of you.

41 minutes ago, sydneybrit said:

I think most reasonable employers understand. If your employer offers support for TRT, maybe you could offer to personally pay the difference for DE (e.g. for skills assessment) so they are not disadvantaged. Then it works well for both of you.

@sydneybrit remember though that for an employer, they get some security of the TRT (the employee SHOULD stay with them for 2 years after approved) - although there is nothing legal holding them to this. 

As for a DE, the advantage here is all on the employee, not employer. 

Hi

I had nomination refused 186 cook trt.

Department given me 28 days to withdraw visa application.

Already applied 482 as a cook from different employer and got bridging visa C. As we were on bridging visa A because 457 expired after lodged 186.

Should I withdraw 186 visa application now.

2 hours ago, HarryG said:

Hi

I had nomination refused 186 cook trt.

Department given me 28 days to withdraw visa application.

Already applied 482 as a cook from different employer and got bridging visa C. As we were on bridging visa A because 457 expired after lodged 186.

Should I withdraw 186 visa application now.

Hi

on what reason they refused your nomination??

when did you applied 

Hi All,

Finally got a bit of movement. Immi asked for further documents for nomination.

Any recent Accountant nomination approval, Did they ask this to you? 

"Evidence of Occupational Licence/Registration - Please provide evidence that the
applicant, at the time of application, currently hold or are eligible to become the holder of
a license, registration or membership to work as Management Accountant 221112."

If so, please let me know what documents would satisfy this?

TIA

6 minutes ago, Scomo said:

Hi All,

"Evidence of Occupational Licence/Registration - Please provide evidence that the
applicant, at the time of application, currently hold or are eligible to become the holder of

TIA

@Scomo - I got my nomination approval for Accountant General last week. No questions were asked. Regarding your query it is usually dependent on the occupation as some occupations require the employee to be officially registered with a relevant body in order to carry out the duties. I think Mgt Accountant may be one of those occupations. Evidence could be your registration certificate with CIMA or a similar body? Though your migration agent should be able to advise. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scomo said:

Hi All,

TIA

When did you apply? Can you tell us your timelines?