14 hours ago, Paul888 said:

Guys, could you please share for how long any one of yours been or still on a bridging visa (A) after 457 expired due to waiting for their PR (186)? 

A week before my 457 expired which it makes it over 18 months on bridging visa.

On 23/03/2021 at 17:51, Lgorhollism said:

I got same request, my MA just ask my employer write letter confirm for position available. Not sure about other. I can share sample. Leave me email

Anyone got reply from the department after receiving s56 request for position availability.

On 19/04/2021 at 13:49, Daniel1992 said:

This is madness, on submission it was something like 6-9!

Anyone lodged a "complaint" via Home Affairs website before? If so, how was your experience?

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-and-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/complaints-compliments-and-suggestions

Hey all, 

I complained and it seemed to do the trick, I received my “golden email” today!!

I will share tomorrow my initial complaint + the correspondence with the Feedback Officer. 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 3

8 hours ago, Daniel1992 said:

Hey all, 

I complained and it seemed to do the trick, I received my “golden email” today!!

I will share tomorrow my initial complaint + the correspondence with the Feedback Officer. 

How long I took from lodging the complaint to visa approved or first contact? 

12 hours ago, Daniel1992 said:

Hey all, 

Hey all,

I chucked together the below for anyone interested.

I complained on 20th April and my PR was granted 21st April - so 1 day turnaround.

Complaint via Home Affairs.docx

Hi everyone,

I'm new here.

Has anyone heard about any updates from hospitality industry in regard to visa 186, especially chefs?

Just noticed that the average wait time has become 90% 11 months. Does it mean home affairs start processing those occupations which have been waiting for a long time?

Also if anyone could kindly tell me how to have my immi account link to my application since I applied it through an immigrat agent?

1 hour ago, Ronnie_w said:

Also if anyone could kindly tell me how to have my immi account link to my application since I applied it through an immigrat agent?

@Ronnie_w There are so many posts on this query in this thread - however, the simplest way is to "Import" the application. 

From your Immigration account, click the "Import application" button --> this will prompt for a few details, including our TRN number (provided in response to the PR application). Enter this information and import the application. I suggest you use this purely for monitoring your application and not making any changes, without first confirming with your MA.

- Watch for any "last updated" date changes (means something has happened) and "Messages" (where any correspondence from any CO would appear). 

Also - the MA doesn't get notified of this process (as far as I'm aware) and wouldn't know that you're "watching" your application (that's typically the follow up question). 

6 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Ronnie_w There are so many posts on this query in this thread - however, the simplest way is to "Import" the application. 

From your Immigration account, click the "Import application" button --> this will prompt for a few details, including our TRN number (provided in response to the PR application). Enter this information and import the application. I suggest you use this purely for monitoring your application and not making any changes, without first confirming with your MA.

- Watch for any "last updated" date changes (means something has happened) and "Messages" (where any correspondence from any CO would appear). 

Also - the MA doesn't get notified of this process (as far as I'm aware) and wouldn't know that you're "watching" your application (that's typically the follow up question). 

Thank you, Hex, for the information.

5 hours ago, Daniel1992 said:

Hey all,

I chucked together the below for anyone interested.

I complained on 20th April and my PR was granted 21st April - so 1 day turnaround.

Complaint via Home Affairs.docx

I did the same today . They sent me the standard response and after I replied they forwarded my case to the RBA. Let’s hope they have a look. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

On 19/04/2021 at 18:25, DrunkBell said:

They update this every 3 months i guess, it does not change your place in the line nor your wait time. Just a statistic to say, we are doing our job.

I'm not sure about how often they update it.

But definitely much often then that. I have seen the time changed several times within 1 month.

I've just received my golden ticket.

Number of applicants: 2

Nomination submitted: 25/01/2021

Nomination approved: 18/03/2021

Visa submitted: 13/04/2021

Medicals appointment: 18/04/2021

Medicals cleared: 20/04/2021

Visa granted: 23/04/2021

Good luck everyone!!

Edited by Dominik
  • Congratulations 3

I just received my Golden Email !!!!

it’s so unreal,happiest man on earth right now :)) I thought this day would never come.What I have been through 😊

Visa application on 29.01.2020.

nomination approved 24.01.2020

Grant 23.04.2021

Restaurant  Manager 

NSW

• Congratulations 5

6 minutes ago, Emix said:

I just received my Golden Email !!!!

it’s so unreal,happiest man on earth right now :)) I thought this day would never come.What I have been through 😊

Visa application on 29.01.2020.

nomination approved 24.01.2020

Grant 23.04.2021

Restaurant  Manager 

NSW

Congratulations 🥳 did they request anything recently?

1 hour ago, Dominik said:

I've just received my golden ticket.

Number of applicants: 2

Nomination submitted: 25/01/2021

Nomination approved: 18/03/2021

Visa submitted: 13/04/2021

Medicals appointment: 18/04/2021

Medicals cleared: 20/04/2021

Visa granted: 23/04/2021

Good luck everyone!!

Hey! Were you 186 DE or 186 TRT, and which state? Also assume you work for an employer with high turnover?