Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I received this email two weeks ago and no further movements. How long did it take after this email is received?

 

"We are writing to inform you that your application for an Employer Sponsored Entry visa will shortly be allocated to a Decision Maker for assessment. To reduce potential processing delays you may wish to commence your application for relevant onshore/ offshore police certificates and health examinations, if you have not already done so.

If you have already completed and submitted all required police certificates and health examinations, please check that they remain valid and have not expired."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rcs said:

I received this email two weeks ago and no further movements. How long did it take after this email is received?

 

"We are writing to inform you that your application for an Employer Sponsored Entry visa will shortly be allocated to a Decision Maker for assessment. To reduce potential processing delays you may wish to commence your application for relevant onshore/ offshore police certificates and health examinations, if you have not already done so.

If you have already completed and submitted all required police certificates and health examinations, please check that they remain valid and have not expired."

Hi,

I have received the same email it’s been close to 2 weeks. can some one please share their experience when case officer will allocate.

As the preceding times changed today , I’m worried when things will start to move again .

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, could you please share for how long any one of yours been or still on a bridging visa (A) after 457 expired due to waiting for their PR (186)? 

Edited by Paul888

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys,

When you check your Nomination or Visa application on immi it has a field called "Last updated" does it mean at least something? Like somebody is working on your application if dates are getting changed?

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Paul888 said:

Guys, could you please share for how long any one of yours been or still on a bridging visa (A) after 457 expired due to waiting for their PR (186)? 

I can't remember exactly when my 457 visa expired, but it's been at least a year I've been on a bridging visa for! 

  • Thanks 1

Visa - 186 TRT 

Nomination & Visa Applied - 20 Nov 2019 

Nomination Approved - 23 Apr 2021

No. of Applicants - 1 

Country UK 

Role - Technical Sales Rep

Visa Status - Granted - 22nd May 2021

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Nafanya said:

Hi Guys,

When you check your Nomination or Visa application on immi it has a field called "Last updated" does it mean at least something? Like somebody is working on your application if dates are getting changed?

Thank you!

@Nafanya yes, this is an important field. If the date has changed (good sign), then something on your application has been updated. 

- Typically if there's something changed that you need to be aware of, there'll be something waiting for you in the "messages" section of the application.

Also, it may / may not have updated the "status" of the application.


Occupation: Developer Programmer
Birth Country: SA (South Africa)
Stream: 457 > 186 TRT > Citizenship 
Number of applicants: 4 (wife + 2 children: age 1 and 3)
Visa and Nomination applied:  January 9th 2018
Nomination approved: 8th October 2018
Visa Granted: 12 November 2018 - 
IMMI Status updated: Finalized (granted)

Citizenship application: 1st January 2020 
Test Date: 10/12/2020  (15min - 100% passed)

Approved: 10/12/2020  (within 20min after I passed my test)
Ceremony:
24th May 2021 - Complete

***Disclaimer***  I'm not a migration agent. When in doubt, seek advice from a professional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Godders04 said:

I can't remember exactly when my 457 visa expired, but it's been at least a year I've been on a bridging visa for! 

Could you tell me please,  how much in advance before the end of your 475 you logged your 186ap and nomination ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Paul888 said:

Guys, could you please share for how long any one of yours been or still on a bridging visa (A) after 457 expired due to waiting for their PR (186)? 

When does my Bridging visa end?
If your application is granted, your Bridging visa will end and your new visa will become active.
If your application is invalid, refused, withdrawn or has an outcome from a merits review decision, your Bridging visa will end after a specified period of time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Paul888 said:

Could you tell me please,  how much in advance before the end of your 475 you logged your 186ap and nomination ?

Around 6 months


Visa - 186 TRT 

Nomination & Visa Applied - 20 Nov 2019 

Nomination Approved - 23 Apr 2021

No. of Applicants - 1 

Country UK 

Role - Technical Sales Rep

Visa Status - Granted - 22nd May 2021

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Paul888 said:

Could you tell me please,  how much in advance before the end of your 475 you logged your 186ap and nomination ?

Mine was lodged 2 days prior to 482 expiry date. The moment you lodge a 186 Application, you will be issued a bridging visa. This bridging visa will come in effect after expiry of your current visa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paul888 said:

Guys, could you please share for how long any one of yours been or still on a bridging visa (A) after 457 expired due to waiting for their PR (186)? 

been on the bridging visa since mid of Jan this year.


Occupation: Computer Network and System Engineer
Stream: 186DE
Number of applicants: 1
Visa and Nomination applied:  June 29th 2020

All relevant documents and health exam provided
IMMI Status: Granted (04/06/2021)

Onshore / NSW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, girafales said:

been on the bridging visa since mid of Jan this year.

how much in advance before the end of your 475 you logged your 186ap and nomination ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Hi,

Sharing my timeline for people...

Visa - 186 TRT 
Nomination & Visa Applied - 5th August 2020
Medicals Complete - 5th December 2020
No. of Applicants - 2
Country - UK
Role - Recruitment Consultant
Visa Status - Received

So frustrating as others in the same occupation have been approved after 2/3 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Applied nominations and visa on 28 February 2020 still receive bridging visa from last year March waiting is killing me more than 14 months 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I applied 186 TRT on 29th Jan 2020.

im almost 15 months.Few weeks ago there was so much more activity .Many hospitality grants had happened But recently it just slowed down don’t hear  much anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
2 minutes ago, Emix said:

I applied 186 TRT on 29th Jan 2020.

im almost 15 months.Few weeks ago there was so much more activity .Many hospitality grants had happened But recently it just slowed down don’t hear  much anymore.

Which occupation Emix?  Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gialse said:

Which occupation Emix?  Thanks

Restaurant manager 

had my nomination approved 24th January and still waiting.All of my colleagues chef and restaurant managers have either been approved or file opened.I’m the only one waiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could I suggest to please update your signature with your timeline / application status (similar to mine - see below). This helps others when viewing / answering questions. 

You can update this here: https://www.pomsinoz.com/settings/signature/ 


Occupation: Developer Programmer
Birth Country: SA (South Africa)
Stream: 457 > 186 TRT > Citizenship 
Number of applicants: 4 (wife + 2 children: age 1 and 3)
Visa and Nomination applied:  January 9th 2018
Nomination approved: 8th October 2018
Visa Granted: 12 November 2018 - 
IMMI Status updated: Finalized (granted)

Citizenship application: 1st January 2020 
Test Date: 10/12/2020  (15min - 100% passed)

Approved: 10/12/2020  (within 20min after I passed my test)
Ceremony:
24th May 2021 - Complete

***Disclaimer***  I'm not a migration agent. When in doubt, seek advice from a professional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
4 minutes ago, Hex said:

Could I suggest to please update your signature with your timeline / application status (similar to mine - see below). This helps others when viewing / answering questions. 

You can update this here: https://www.pomsinoz.com/settings/signature/ 

Thanks Hex - have done.

How does DOHA explain the increase in processing time??  Since I have been waiting it has gone from 4-7 months to 4-9 months to 6-12 months to 13-17 months.

I can't quite understand and then people putting through applications in January in the same occupation are being processed.

I know you shouldn't compare applications as each one is individual to your circumstance and the employer but I just really want to understand this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paul888 said:

how much in advance before the end of your 475 you logged your 186ap and nomination ?

between 6... 7 months


Occupation: Computer Network and System Engineer
Stream: 186DE
Number of applicants: 1
Visa and Nomination applied:  June 29th 2020

All relevant documents and health exam provided
IMMI Status: Granted (04/06/2021)

Onshore / NSW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just asking 

who ever done medicals one year ago and and recently CO contact any of you asking medicals again 

I have seen post only regarding Police clearance 

medicals second time any????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hopeforever said:

Just asking 

who ever done medicals one year ago and and recently CO contact any of you asking medicals again 

I have seen post only regarding Police clearance 

medicals second time any????

@Hopeforever I've seen many people get asked for new medicals (and police clearances). It all depends on your CO and how "expired" the requested documentation is. Luck of the draw I guess. 


Occupation: Developer Programmer
Birth Country: SA (South Africa)
Stream: 457 > 186 TRT > Citizenship 
Number of applicants: 4 (wife + 2 children: age 1 and 3)
Visa and Nomination applied:  January 9th 2018
Nomination approved: 8th October 2018
Visa Granted: 12 November 2018 - 
IMMI Status updated: Finalized (granted)

Citizenship application: 1st January 2020 
Test Date: 10/12/2020  (15min - 100% passed)

Approved: 10/12/2020  (within 20min after I passed my test)
Ceremony:
24th May 2021 - Complete

***Disclaimer***  I'm not a migration agent. When in doubt, seek advice from a professional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hopeforever said:

Just asking 

who ever done medicals one year ago and and recently CO contact any of you asking medicals again 

I have seen post only regarding Police clearance 

medicals second time any????

I'm really hoping that I'm not asked for Medicals again, the earliest booking in Sydney is June.


Visa - 186 TRT 

Nomination & Visa Applied - 20 Nov 2019 

Nomination Approved - 23 Apr 2021

No. of Applicants - 1 

Country UK 

Role - Technical Sales Rep

Visa Status - Granted - 22nd May 2021

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hex said:

@Nafanya yes, this is an important field. If the date has changed (good sign), then something on your application has been updated. 

- Typically if there's something changed that you need to be aware of, there'll be something waiting for you in the "messages" section of the application.

Also, it may / may not have updated the "status" of the application.

@Hex, Thank you! It is clear that they will submit a request message when/if something additional will be required. I was more curious just if the update date change really means something or if immigration officer will put in internal memo something like "postpone for another 6 months" this date also will be changed 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×