Hey guys, just thought I’d put a post out there to see if I could get some feedback, clarity or help someone else out. Been waiting almost 11 months now. A guy I work with has exactly the same timeline as me but he had his visa granted in 4 months. Haven’t been seeing many carpenters have visas granted recently. Has anyone else?

Timeline - 

ENS 186 

Carpenter

Onshore NSW

Lodged 5th May 2020

Medical done

s56 requested and answered. Except for an extension requested by my employer to give him time to gather financials for the company. All answered now 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and good luck 🤞 

Hi friends! My employer got S56 request asking if the position still available and give statement confirming the availability of the position. What would be the suitable document to support it? Or just need to give the written statement? Have anyone come up with this situation and what approach was applied?

Thanks in advance for the help and good luck to everyone!

19 minutes ago, Yadav M said:

Hi friends! My employer got S56 request asking if the position still available and give statement confirming the availability of the position. What would be the suitable document to support it? Or just need to give the written statement? Have anyone come up with this situation and what approach was applied?

Thanks in advance for the help and good luck to everyone!

I got same request, my MA just ask my employer write letter confirm for position available. Not sure about other. I can share sample. Leave me email

8 hours ago, Splum said:

Hey guys, just thought I’d put a post out there to see if I could get some feedback, clarity or help someone else out. Been waiting almost 11 months now. A guy I work with has exactly the same timeline as me but he had his visa granted in 4 months. Haven’t been seeing many carpenters have visas granted recently. Has anyone else?

Timeline - 

ENS 186 

Carpenter

Onshore NSW

Lodged 5th May 2020

Medical done

s56 requested and answered. Except for an extension requested by my employer to give him time to gather financials for the company. All answered now 

I think for every occupation is similar and my agent said it always depends how long it takes you to give them answer when they request something. And it's case by case scenario sometimes it's luck I applied with my friend same positions he got approved in 5 months and I got requested police check and it's been 12 months since then. So I think your friend just got lucky and that's why he got that quick. 

Hello guys, I got golden mail today. 

I share my timeline.

Apply 186 nomiantion Oct 2019

Nomination approved  Feb 2020

Apply Visa Feb 2020

Request documents Mar 2021

Visa granted 25 Mar 2021.

Total 18Month.

Cook trt WA

Recently immigration working for hospitality. Hope you guys get soon in all seriousness. Thanks.

• Congratulations 6

27 minutes ago, Jaecook said:

I share my timeline.

Apply Visa Feb 2020

Total 18Month.

Cook trt WA

Recently immigration working for hospitality. Hope you guys get soon in all seriousness. Thanks.

Congratulation!!! 
Hopefully we get it soon as well..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaecook said:

I share my timeline.

Apply Visa Feb 2020

Total 18Month.

Cook trt WA

Congratulations 🎉

43 minutes ago, confusedsoul said:

Hi Guys,

What are timelines for Developer Programmer code nowadays for Direct Entry 186 Stream. Developer Programmer seems to be in Priority Skills list. Gov website says 3-6 months but has anyone got it before that? 

I have applied under Software developer and lodged my nomination and Visa on 9th March.

All docs submitted. Now waiting for the good news. 

P.S: I am onshore

On 23/03/2021 at 13:49, Splum said:

Timeline - 

ENS 186 

Carpenter

Onshore NSW

Lodged 5th May 2020

Medical done

41 minutes ago, Rafi said:

I will be doing my 186 TRT visa soon.

Do you think I should prepare police clearance in advance?

Do they always ask for one, or it's just only in a few cases.

@Rafi You will always need to provide a police clearance - it's a requirement. 

When you actually action it, is up to you. (Too early and they might request another one - if the application takes a long time || Too late and you might waste time with them stopping your application until there's one submitted). 

My suggestion / opinion would be to submit the visa application with a clearance - however, understand it might expire by the time they get to the application. 

On 23/03/2021 at 15:51, Lgorhollism said:

I got same request, my MA just ask my employer write letter confirm for position available. Not sure about other. I can share sample. Leave me email

Could you please share me the sample? :) 

On 25/03/2021 at 15:08, Jaecook said:
  • Visa : 186 TRT (2 years on 457)
  • Nomination and  Visa Applied - 1/July/ 2019
  • Onshore : Yes
  • State: VIC
  • No. of applicants : 3
  • Role : Cook
  • Medical and AFP clearance - 1/ Nov /2019 done
  • Nomination Status - Not approved yet
  • s56 Request for More Information ( company P&L , Organisation chart etc ,submitted on 16/01/2020)
  • Visa Status - Further Assessment( 12/11/2019).                  

• My question is
  • is there any website where I can check the nomination status ( immi account I can see only visa status)

• My agent is from company side and he is into many other business. 👎🏼All the communication goes to him . Is there any way to add my e mail id to get communications from immigration? 

• My lawyer wrote reminder 3 times to department    . No response!!!!!!! I called immigration they said 90% applications time is     23 months . If nothing happen after 23 months contract is😏            

• does anyone know any other way to find nomination status ( email, phone number or any other way to get in touch with department)

9 hours ago, Hopeforever said:
  • Visa : 186 TRT (2 years on 457)
  • Nomination and  Visa Applied - 1/July/ 2019
  • Onshore : Yes
  • State: VIC
  • No. of applicants : 3
  • Role : Cook
  • Medical and AFP clearance - 1/ Nov /2019 done
  • Nomination Status - Not approved yet
  • s56 Request for More Information ( company P&L , Organisation chart etc ,submitted on 16/01/2020)
  • Visa Status - Further Assessment( 12/11/2019).                  

• My question is
  • is there any website where I can check the nomination status ( immi account I can see only visa status)

• My agent is from company side and he is into many other business. 👎🏼All the communication goes to him . Is there any way to add my e mail id to get communications from immigration? 

• My lawyer wrote reminder 3 times to department    . No response!!!!!!! I called immigration they said 90% applications time is     23 months . If nothing happen after 23 months contract is😏            

• does anyone know any other way to find nomination status ( email, phone number or any other way to get in touch with department)

Hi, we won’t have an access to see nomination status, its business privacy matter. 90% visa is processed in 12 months (immi account says).

On 25/03/2021 at 14:20, AmberD. said:

hi, All,

my company just receive an request from Immi regarding confirmation of position, hope it will speed up my application as it's been over 1 year...

great news. I have also applied for 186 DE for Accountant General. Nomination and visa submitted October 2020. No updates / news on anything yet !

6 hours ago, Sanket723 said:

great news. I have also applied for 186 DE for Accountant General. Nomination and visa submitted October 2020. No updates / news on anything yet !

Hi there. Is there anyone who applied 186 TRT through Grandfathering arrangements? 
my timeline is. 
applied visa and nomination together on 29 May 2020 with all documentation including police checks and everything. 

Medical 28 july. 
and nothing so far, its showing as received. 
i was on 456 as a cook, so got my visa for 2 years. As my MA told me i can apply after 23 months through grandfathering arrangements. Just wondering if anyone on the same page? 
God bless you all. 

16 hours ago, ZeeQureshi said:

Hi there. Is there anyone who applied 186 TRT through Grandfathering arrangements? 
my timeline is. 
applied visa and nomination together on 29 May 2020 with all documentation including police checks and everything. 

Medical 28 july. 
and nothing so far, its showing as received. 
i was on 456 as a cook, so got my visa for 2 years. As my MA told me i can apply after 23 months through grandfathering arrangements. Just wondering if anyone on the same page? 
God bless you all. 

Hi, 

I have applied through grandfathering arrangements.

Application visa and nomination: 03/12/2020

Medical Completed: 10/03/2021

Still pending my wife English test.

I lodge my application after 24 months. My immigration agent explained that the 23 months arrangements is for people where the current visa is expiring just before the 24 months mark. 

So if you still have time in your current visa, the case officer may question why are you applying in 23 months if you still have time in your current visa. 

Good luck for all of us.