12 hours ago, masc said:

Im a chef and apply in September 2020 to the 186DE. Still waiting. It would be nice to have more 186 DE examples in this forum. 

As per my lawyer all new application ( recently lodged) getting results quickly 2-3 months visa grant.

old applications are in further assessment or investigation.

mine lodged in July 2019.

shows further assessment 

36 minutes ago, MS3 said:

@sukhjitI think the numbers are per financial year, 1 July to 30 of June. So the data for 2020 are only for a 6 months periods (to 31/12/2020).

Yes, completely missed that. So maybe we can compare to half of the previous year. I know the methodology has a few flaws like there might be more visas given in the second half of the year etc.

That brings us to 34% decline.

fa-210200113-document-released.xlsx

9 minutes ago, AJ_Lewie said:

Anyone in recruitment still waiting on approval?

Employer nominated from 457 to 186/187.

Lodged- 23rd July 2020

Medical- 10th September 2020. (backlog with covid) 

No update since lodging. Wait time now says 5- 12 months 

@AJ_Lewie "Wait time now says 5- 12 months " <-- if this is the case, then you're still within the time frame I'm afraid, you'll just have to wait it out. 

Good luck 👍

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Chandankishore66 said:

Today I received a request for the VAC2 second installment. Paid money within an hour. Hopefully, I will receive the grant notification soon 🤞

Hi Chandan,

what does vac2 means . Can you please give me more information how visa are processing .

I applied nomination one oct 15 and visa in October 23 for system analyst . Haven’t recieved any update I completed medicals as well.

can I expect in other 2 months 

1 hour ago, Divya said:

Hi Chandan,

what does vac2 means . Can you please give me more information how visa are processing .

I applied nomination one oct 15 and visa in October 23 for system analyst . Haven’t recieved any update I completed medicals as well.

can I expect in other 2 months 

@Divya please review and check the latest expected waiting periods from Immigration. Although they can't always be trusted, it should help in providing a rough ETA. 

Having waited only ~4.5 months from visa application , I suspect you're still far away from hearing from them - however, I could stand corrected.

Could be today, could be in 12 months time - who knows.

Have patience and good luck! 

6 hours ago, AJ_Lewie said:

Anyone in recruitment still waiting on approval?

Employer nominated from 457 to 186/187.

Lodged- 23rd July 2020

Medical- 10th September 2020. (backlog with covid) 

No update since lodging. Wait time now says 5- 12 months 

Am waiting from 2019 July 

last update 12/ nov 2019

On 01/03/2021 at 07:47, Hopeforever said:

As per my lawyer all new application ( recently lodged) getting results quickly 2-3 months visa grant.

old applications are in further assessment or investigation.

mine lodged in July 2019.

shows further assessment 

what may be the future of those nomination approved in 2019 but still further assessment? Isn’t going too far from expectations

47 minutes ago, Hopeforever said:

My agent wore 3 mail as a reminder. No reply.

did any of you guys wore to immigration as a reminder??

My agent also wrote, but no reply. This is creating panic in mind and uncertainty in hope.

Opinion requested from experts of this forum, whether this delay signals unexpected/no grant decision?

I think immigration need to start looking into 2019 applications that it said further assessment like mine. It’s been a year since they asked for police check. And still nothing, I tried to get on the market and buy property but I can’t coz doesn’t have pr now because of that I need to save more money coz the properties pieces going up.

Hi I have a question. I was on a bridging visa but unfortunately I left the country a year ago and have been out of Australia since, waiting to hear back about my PR. I'm still on an Australian payroll. Even though I am not on any visa or an Australian resident anymore, what should I do about tax declaration? Technically I have not been a resident for the last financial year. Can I claim back the taxes paid? Should I request to be paid as an independent contractor? What are my options now?

18 hours ago, bluejazz said:

Hi I have a question. I was on a bridging visa but unfortunately I left the country a year ago and have been out of Australia since, waiting to hear back about my PR. I'm still on an Australian payroll. Even though I am not on any visa or an Australian resident anymore, what should I do about tax declaration? Technically I have not been a resident for the last financial year. Can I claim back the taxes paid? Should I request to be paid as an independent contractor? What are my options now?

@bluejazz this sounds weird. So if you're not in AUS and don't have PR - how are you still on a payroll? Are you still working fulltime / hired at a company in AUS? 

- I'd assume if you are on a payroll, receiving an income you'd be considered a tax resident and have to pay / claim tax. However, if you're not getting paid or are not in a fulltime role then I'm not sure how it is that you're applying for a PR, unless it's via a DE stream? 

We lodged our 186DE on 9th October and have not heard anything since.  We are in Perth and wondered if anyone had been granted or declined recently. My husband is a motor mechanic being nominated by his current employer. The processing time has changed last month to 4 to 7 months 

25 minutes ago, TJP578 said:

We lodged our 186DE on 9th October and have not heard anything since.  We are in Perth and wondered if anyone had been granted or declined recently. My husband is a motor mechanic being nominated by his current employer. The processing time has changed last month to 4 to 7 months 

@TJP578 you're still within the waiting period (even if it was outside the period, you'd have little choice) - If there are others that have had results / feedback it wouldn't mean much as there are many forums out there where other cases get action that we don't hear about here. Other cases can't really be compared with - each case is unique. 

As unfortunate as it may be - there's little you can do but wait and hope I'm afraid.