Hi,

I am still waiting too, both Nomination and Visa application are "Received" which is very frustrating.

Position: ICT Customer Support Officer

Visa: 186 TRT

Lodged: Nomination & Visa on 29th of June

Onshore (2 applicants)

All medicals and police clearances done.

No update since it was lodged.

20 minutes ago, Ra1214 said:

I received the golden email yesterday. 🙂 .

Hope you will be getting it soon. All the best.

Hi,

mine is systems analyst as well . But My nomination has not been approved yet . 
did your employer did labor market testing before lodging visa

I've been waiting Almost a year next week since immigration requested a police check. Now when I check my immi account said future assessment so not sure if they will request something else but if they looked at my case one year ago and I sent the police check why would take that long? Does that mean I'm back into the line waiting to come my turn not sure how the logic works on this. Any info would be great 

On 03/02/2021 at 09:40, seisuiseki said:

Hi guys,

I was lurking for the past two weeks and just registered to provide my timeline:

Stream: DE

Submitted: 21/01/2021 (1+1)

Medicals cleared:  25/01/2021 (27/01/2021 for +1)

Nomination approved: 25/01/2021

Visa granted: 02/02/2021

Congrats, Could you please let me know which postcode your employer belongs to ? Just want to understand if the employer was regional, please ?

Finally I saw on Facebook  a hospitality occupation approved 

186 DE Nomination and visa granted today!
186 lodged: January 15th  2021
Medical: 9th February 2021
Granted: 24 February 2021
Hope it helps
Good luck

the post from Facebook has been removed 

Maybe too good to be true

4 hours ago, Micgeo said:

Finally I saw on Facebook  a hospitality occupation approved 

186 DE Nomination and visa granted today!
186 lodged: January 15th  2021
Medical: 9th February 2021
Granted: 24 February 2021
Hope it helps
Good luck

the post from Facebook has been removed 

Maybe too good to be true

So is it fake?

Edited by Rstman

On 22/02/2021 at 14:39, TheFinanceGuy said:

No movement from June 2020. Still 'received'. 

Congratulations to all those that have received their grant recently. Do not want this to come across as bitter, but does anyone understand how this process works? I understand those who's occupations are on the priority list have been granted visa's relatively quickly, however, I am seeing occupations not on the list, being granted before me despite applying after? I assume its a combination of things, with luck also being at play. 

Would just be nice to hear some explanation on how it works. It is extremely deflating not having any idea as to what is going on and not being able to answer any questions. 

Visa - 186 (TRT) - over 4 years on 457 (now on bridging visa), 2 years on 417 

Occupation - Financial Investment Adviser 

State - NSW 

No of applications - 1 and onshore. 

Country - UK 

Really do not understand it. I have been in Australia for nearly 7 years now, I have bought a property here, have an Australian partner. Yet, if someone in my family in the UK get sick and I leave.. I will struggle to get back in the country. Fingers cross for some news (any sort of news would be fine), soon. 

@TheFinanceGuy This is a great question and one that I was contently and still am looking for answers to (exact clarity on the process). 

What I can tell you is that, after being on this forum (and many others) related to this topic (migration and all things VISA"s has become a hobby of mine), I've still not found / come across a single clear answer to this question - it seems either there is no exact "process" being followed, or if there is, no one knows or has shared it. Although frustrating, what I have found is that once lodged, your case will be viewed and actioned - the question is all about when! I've seen cases take 1 day to over 2.5 years (excluding appeals, which can take longer). 

There's been many of the same thoughts regarding how each case is unique and you can never compare your to anyone else's, no matter how similar (too many individual factors at play, including but not limited to police / character checks, country of origin, living history etc.). I can't tell you the amount of times I've seen the "My case is exactly the same as a friend of mines and he/she got their visa, why am I still waiting" - "exactly the same" is never the case, for the reasons mentioned.

In my case, I ended up waiting for close to 12 months for my visa, some of this was due to having 2 separate case officers work on my case, each requesting different s56 documents, which was annoying (this is where I learnt that it's not guaranteed for you to have the same CO work on your case from start to end - even more annoying) for an occupation that is now actually getting responses really quick (sub 5 months) - just the luck of the draw again, I guess? 

In short - I hope someone can answer your question accurately and not in a vague manner (there's plenty of that around) but from my past experience in this area, I wouldn't bet money on that happening. 

What helped me get passed the wait (might not work for everyone / use it, don't use it) was to expect the worst and hope for the best (I expected a 2 year wait and hoped for a 5 months turn-around). 

Enjoy the ride, try not get too worked up about things and know your time will come (regardless of good or bad news). All the best! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, raj4949 said:

HI There, I was on bridging A right now and wondering whether we can travel overseas on Bridging B?? Did someone applied/travelled recently on Bridging B? Need to Travel for Emergency reasons.

As you're not a permanent resident, you should have no problem leaving Australia.  The problem is that you will not be allowed to return to Australia, even if you hold a valid BVB.  You will be stuck overseas until the Australian borders reopen to temporary visa holders, which may not be until 2022.  Also, they may not be able to award your permanent visa while you are overseas.

Hi Everyone!

First post on here but it's been great reading about everyone's experiences.

I'm on a 482 visa in Sydney and my employer is now putting me through the 186 DE stream to obtain my PR. The application is expected to be lodged in the next 1-2 weeks, given I have all documents. However, I am wondering:

• Can 186 DE visa approvals come back relatively quickly? 4-8 months wait time as seen online seems bit a long to approve me when I should be a simple low risk case: single applicant, work for a multinational (who struggled to recruit locally), no children or spouse and generally quite a boring visa application (i.e. no criminal records, only ever lived here and the UK etc).
  • Whether it it worth flying interstate to get a medical done (Sydney wait times can be very long right now with Bupa)? If DOHA have reviewed my visa and the only item is the clean medical, would an approval come back quickly post Bupa? 
  • Occupation: External Auditor (and also now professionally qualified in Australia, in addition to the UK)
  • Citizenship: United Kingdom

Appreciate the above are elusive but would welcome comments if anyone has recently had a 186 approval as either an "External Auditor" or "Accountant (General)", given that these are generally quite similar.

Thank you!

On 23/02/2021 at 09:10, girafales said:

Hi all,

Visa: 186DE NSW
Position: Computer Network and System Engineer
Lodged: 29th June (Status in IMI: Received)
Health exams: 15 Sep
Onshore
1 applicant

No update since it was lodged, apart from the health exams. Just waiting with all my fingers crossed.

Hi, I have lodged 186 direct entry visa and nomination as a chef in April 2020 , but still no updates only showing received plz can anyone tell me any news about 186 time frame for chef thanks 

On 28/02/2021 at 07:04, CPY said:

Hi, I have lodged 186 direct entry visa and nomination as a chef in April 2020 , but still no updates only showing received plz can anyone tell me any news about 186 time frame for chef thanks 

@CPY I'm afraid this has been asked many times here and has yet to be answered, no one would be able to accurately predict when things will change / improve for select occupations.  

If it helps, there are many (in this forum alone) who are in your exact (and worse / longer waiting periods) situation. 

I did some analysis on the number of visa applications granted across all sub classes. In regards to 186 ENS, there is a 66% drop last year if we compare to the year before however, if we look at the total number of visas granted in the year, 186 was given more priority compared to last year. Noting that 186 visas were only 1.81% of all visas granted in 2020.

Attached my calculations for anyone interested. Data from https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/access-and-accountability/freedom-of-information/disclosure-logs/2021

fa-210200113-document-released.xlsx

• Like 1