15 hours ago, restaurant.manager said:

Hi @Hex and @Marisawright

You both supposed to be very happy these day as immigration not granting much residency visas these days. This is actually, what you guys wanted.

Stay happy

@restaurant.manager Not sure I follow, why would we be happy about this? 

I understand the process can be stressful - I was there and still am (with the citizenship - going on 12 months), however, it's important to not miss-direct any frustration you may have, especially to people who actively try help in these forums. Stay positive 👍

@MaggieMay24

Edited by Hex

16 hours ago, restaurant.manager said:

Hi @Hex and @Marisawright

You both supposed to be very happy these day as immigration not granting much residency visas these days. This is actually, what you guys wanted.

Stay happy

I don't know why you think I'd be happy.  I told you the reality of what the politicians are thinking.  Soft-soaping you with false hope isn't useful.

• Like 1

On 11/07/2020 at 23:58, Underthesun said:

Sure,

Feb 2016: I Came to Australia from the UK on a working holiday visa with my partner

Aug 2016: applied for a 457 sponsorship defacto 

Dec 2016: 457 granted

May 2018: applied for 186 ENS using the same migration agents I used for the 457. The migration agents told me to do my health and police checks just so everything was ready to go as soon as they opened application. 

July 2020: visa and nomination status still stands at received 

countless calls to home affairs have got me nowhere they actually used covid 19 as an excuse recently. I did a formal complaint and now my migration agents are taking it to the ombudsman as they don’t know what to do either and said it’s unacceptable.

I am at the point where I just want an answer as mentally I’m struggling to look forward and I have a family. 

Did you get any answer about it ? 

Got my golden ticket 

Timeline:

10/07/20 Nomination submitted

21/08/20 186 visa application 

20/09/20 S56 further info required

21/09/20 S56 further info submitted

20/10/20 nomination approved

28/10/20 S56 further info submitted

22/11/20 Visa approved 

Good luck everyone, it has been an 8 year road for me. It will happen for you 

Working holiday, 457 visa, 189 rejection, tourist visa, 461 visa,  finally 186 😀

Construction Project Manager

• Congratulations 7

The PTE scores are valid for 2 years as printed on the certificate from the date of issue, however for Immigration, it is valid up to three years from the date of issue.

Once you have applied for the Visa and it falls within three years its all good.

• Thanks 1

Hi Everyone,

I have a situation, As per new guidelines even for 186, immigration lawyer suggested there is a need for LMT and the ad should be there for 28 days. which means from today, nomination can be lodged only after 25th Dec2020.

Regarding partner functional English, She has taken PTE on 20th Dec 2020 and scored more than 60 each which is "Competent Level"

My query is, as per immi guidelines, English exam must be taken within last two months but since my partner scored competent level English, is it still applicable?

As a other option, she has done her bachelor degree in English medium and we have got certificate from college saying she has completed Full time 3 years bachelor degree with medium of instruction in English. Will that be sufficient? 

Also, Does this document need to be Notarized?

Any suggestion's please?

4 hours ago, Nneeri said:

Hi Everyone,

I have a situation, As per new guidelines even for 186, immigration lawyer suggested there is a need for LMT and the ad should be there for 28 days. which means from today, nomination can be lodged only after 25th Dec2020.

Regarding partner functional English, She has taken PTE on 20th Dec 2020 and scored more than 60 each which is "Competent Level"

My query is, as per immi guidelines, English exam must be taken within last two months but since my partner scored competent level English, is it still applicable?

As a other option, she has done her bachelor degree in English medium and we have got certificate from college saying she has completed Full time 3 years bachelor degree with medium of instruction in English. Will that be sufficient? 

Also, Does this document need to be Notarized?

Any suggestion's please?

are the dates correct or is it a typo "Regarding partner functional English, She has taken PTE on 20th Dec 2020 and scored more than 60 each which is "Competent Level""

The English test results are valid up to three years and 60 score is sufficient for the partner.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/competent-english

Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) Main/primary By time of application

Test cannot have been undertaken more than 3 years before the date of application

9 hours ago, Mar007 said:

are the dates correct or is it a typo "Regarding partner functional English, She has taken PTE on 20th Dec 2020 and scored more than 60 each which is "Competent Level""

The English test results are valid up to three years and 60 score is sufficient for the partner.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/competent-english

Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) Main/primary By time of application

Test cannot have been undertaken more than 3 years before the date of application

My Apologies, As per Immi website on partner function English 

"in the 12 months before you applied for the visa, you scored one of the following:

PTE - 30 and above in each section."

Since my wife taken on 20th Dec 2020, it can be used only until 20-Dec-2021, to prove her functional English requirement. Though PTE score is valid for three years, functional English requirement is to take the exam within last 12 months.

Source : https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english

1 hour ago, Nneeri said:

My Apologies, As per Immi website on partner function English 

"in the 12 months before you applied for the visa, you scored one of the following:

PTE - 30 and above in each section."

Since my wife taken on "20th Dec 2019", it can be used only until "20-Dec-2020", to prove her functional English requirement. Though PTE score is valid for three years, functional English requirement is to take the exam within last 12 months.

Source : https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english

Updated the dates.

3 hours ago, Mar007 said:

Yes, the validity for functional English is only valid for 12 months before you applied for the visa.

Thanks, In that case, I have got a certificate from my partner’s college where she has done her full time bachelor degree for 3 years in English medium, will that be sufficient??

should we require to notarize?

should we require to attach all mark sheets of her bachelor degree??

8 hours ago, Nneeri said:

Thanks, In that case, I have got a certificate from my partner’s college where she has done her full time bachelor degree for 3 years in English medium, will that be sufficient??

should we require to notarize?

should we require to attach all mark sheets of her bachelor degree??

I had got a letter from the college stating,  My course was in English medium and had submitted a copy of the document notarized

Time line for 186.

Software Engineer

Applied both nomination and visa - 2020/04/10

Further information for nomination (Funding and profit related) - 2020/08/30
Provided all the information - 2020/08/15

Status changed to further assessment - 2020/08/15

Still no response, I am working in the company since January 2019. Is there a possibility to the nomination get rejected?

Time line for 186.

Software Engineer

Applied both nomination and visa - 2020/04/10

Further information for nomination (Funding and profit related) - 2020/08/30
Provided all the information - 2020/09/15

Status changed to further assessment - 2020/09/15

Still no response, I am working in the company since January 2019. Is there a possibility to the nomination get rejected?

Time line for 186 trt from VIC 

nominate and visa apply on 2020/02/15

ask for English certificate of dependant at May 20

until now nominate and visa still in quiet.

Almost 11 months but nothing yet ? Anyone here experience this case ? I’m just so stress . Is there a possibility for nominate get refuse ? ☹️