Earlier mine was showing 6 to 8 months, now it has been changed to 6 to 7 months.  But its 8 months that i lodged my application 

186 DE/Software Engineer, NSW

Lodged on : 06 March 2020

s56 Requested on : 06 Aug 2020

s56 Submitted on : 17 Aug 2020

Processing Times:  6 to 7 months (Now)

Any views?

57 minutes ago, sangabattula said:

Earlier mine was showing 6 to 8 months, now it has been changed to 6 to 7 months.  But its 8 months that i lodged my application 

Any views?

I’m  waiting 10 months . 😓😓

2 hours ago, sangabattula said:

Any views?

Bro, your nomination is approved? Is that processing time only for priority list? I am sick of these rules, changing everyday. 

Guys, - Can you suggest what would best possible timelines for my case? 

186 DE/Software Engineer, VIC

Nomination and visa lodge: 25th Aug 2020

Nomination approved - 17th Sep 2020

Number of applicants -

s56 requested - 17 Sep 2020 - Medical, Overseas police verification, Transcript of my partner for English requirement.

Medical complete - 5th Oct 2020

s56 submitted - 6th Oct 2020

Status - Further assessment 

Reply which i got from immigration suggests thar there priority is PMSOL and regional, These duration are avg of all application including non PMSOL. Considering this is avg , good number of application will be more than 7 or 10 months (DE or TRT). Once they have bandwidth they will process other skill, may take few months and i can bet these months will increase due to prioritization exercise. Other option is that they review the PMSOL list which i do not believe will happen within a month.

Having said that there is a hope as they have said that other skills will also ger processed but not in priority. 

5 hours ago, sangabattula said:

Any views?

Considering you are in PMSOL, u should get good news pretty soon

51 minutes ago, Tech said:

Reply which i got from immigration suggests thar there priority is PMSOL and regional, These duration are avg of all application including non PMSOL. Considering this is avg , good number of application will be more than 7 or 10 months (DE or TRT). Once they have bandwidth they will process other skill, may take few months and i can bet these months will increase due to prioritization exercise. Other option is that they review the PMSOL list which i do not believe will happen within a month.

Having said that there is a hope as they have said that other skills will also ger processed but not in priority. 

How we can contact immigration? Via email or phone?

12 hours ago, PRWaiting4u said:

I don’t understand this priority list, to bring all doctors and nurses from whole world into Australia. 

Of course they don't want all doctors and nurses.   The authorities have decided they need some more doctors and nurses at Australia's hospitals in case the Covid epidemic gets out of control here.  That's all.

• Like 2

Greeting everyone

Here to share my update, I just got granted today

• Visa: 186 DE
  • Nomination and Visa Applied: 13 Aug 2020
  • Medicals Completed: 14 Aug 2020
  • Nomination Approved: No later than 16 Sep, exact date unknown
  • s56 Requested: 16 Sep 2020
  • Additional Documents Submitted: 22 Sep 2020
  • Visa Granted: 20 Oct 2020
  • Onshore: Yes
  • State: NSW
  • No. of Applicants: 1
  • Role: Developer Programmer(PMSOL)
  • Application Status: Granted
Edited by LBLBLB
  • Congratulations 8

It seems the number of visas granted in September has decreased to 465 (441 onshore + 24 offshore) and most of them are from the priority list. (It was 1149 in July and 626 in August). See

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2020/fa-201000191-document-released.PDF

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2020/fa-200900939-document-released.PDF

On the other hand, at the end of September they had 14802 applications on hold. See

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2020/fa-201000207-document-released.PDF

With this pace, it should take around three years in average to get a visa. Considering the fact that they are mainly focusing on the priority list, perhaps even longer. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, A.N. said:

It seems the number of visas granted in September has decreased to 465 (441 onshore + 24 offshore) and most of them are from the priority list. (It was 1149 in July and 626 in August). See

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2020/fa-201000191-document-released.PDF

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2020/fa-200900939-document-released.PDF

On the other hand, at the end of September they had 14802 applications on hold. See

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2020/fa-201000207-document-released.PDF

With this pace, it should take around three years in average to get a visa. Considering the fact that they are mainly focusing on the priority list, perhaps even longer. 

Oh man, this is terrible 😞 why taking new applications then? They should close immigration portal and they can focus on just clearing existing applications 

Edited by PRWaiting4u

17 minutes ago, PRWaiting4u said:

Oh man, this is terrible 😞 why taking new applications then? They should close immigration portal and they can focus on just clearing existing applications 

I think they just don't mind to get some more money. 😉 

• Sad 2