14 hours ago, simonwjw said:

Just got the email from my MA, the application is granted now.

Btw, our medical checks were expired about 2 months ago, and the police checks of one country we lived before were also expired 2 months ago. They didn't request new. So if you are in a similar situation, it is worth to wait.

It's really a long 8 months waiting. But, It's hard to complain, as I understand many people's situations are much worse during the pandemic time. I has been keeping praying to stay faithful and positive during the hopeless waiting. I believe Australia needs you guys to contribute to the economy and recovery. Stay positive and be strong. 

Hi guys! 
My partner and I got our PR granted last Thursday. I was a silent reader for this whole year. I tried to post but I couldn’t figure out how to so I’ll give it a try here.

• Visa : 186 DE (On subsequent entrant visa
  • Current status - Finalised 
  • Onshore : Yes
  • State: VIC
  • No. of applicants: 2 (My partner and I)
  • Nomination Applied: 11th Feb 2020
  • 1st s56 Request for information: 11th May 2020 They requested documents from the business:  Organisation charts, Letter of genuine position, BSB, Tax return, Signed contract, Licensing
  • 2nd s56 Request for information: 15th Jun 2020 This time they asked for employment letter
  • Document submitted: 29th Jun 2020
  • Application Applied: 27th Jun 2020
  • Nomination Approved: 4th August 2020
  • 1st s56 Request for information: 4th August 2020: they requested police check from both of us and employment letter. 
  • Document submitted 26th August 2020
  • 2nd s56 Request for information: 1st Sep 2020Police check from home country requested 
  • Document submitted: 7th September 2020
  • Medicals: Did it  last time we applied for 482 in June 2019 (They did not ask for new one)
  • Visa granted: 8th Oct 2020

We’ve been here 6.5 years and this was a long and tough journey but I want to send good vibes to everyone. Please hold on and don’t give up. It’s a long waiting game but it all worth it in the end. Stay positive and strong. 

Good luck everyone!

• Congratulations 16

Onshore applicant here - My 186 application was submitted on 21st Sept 2020 and I was assigned a case officer on 9th October 2020 and subsequently, My nomination was also approved on 9th Oct. 

I was requested by the CO to submit additional documents. Requested info:
- evidence of registration/lisencing and
- evidence of work expereince (payslips, PAYG summary, Notice of Assessment).

I have supplied this now and I also completed my health assessment on 10th Oct in Melbourne.
My MARA agent thinks we could get a positive news within the next 2-3 weeks.
So lets see what the turnaround now is. Fingers crossed.

________
Additional details: I'm an onshore applicant; nominated occupation - "Professional Engineer (nec)" with accredited sponsor (applications are usually processed a bit quicker than usual from what I'm told)

My agent had written to immigration asking them about processing time and they have sent an email stating that as per immigration minister direction application with PMSOL code, Regional victoria and global talent migration visa needs to be prioritized, Others will be processed based on case load and not a priority. There is a bad news that processing will take longer however whenever they get time they may process other job codes, Let’s hope that some positive movement happens in few months, especially TRT is extremly slow to process

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tech said:

My agent had written to immigration asking them about processing time and they have sent an email stating that as per immigration minister direction application with PMSOL code, Regional victoria and global talent migration visa needs to be prioritized, Others will be processed based on case load and not a priority. There is a bad news that processing will take longer however whenever they get time they may process other job codes, Let’s hope that some positive movement happens in few months, especially TRT is extremly slow to process

Yeah, that explains the delay for other codes. But seriously they don’t have any SOP. They are processing new applications, ignoring the old one, waiting for decision 😞

15 hours ago, gaitonde1 said:

Onshore applicant here - My 186 application was submitted on 21st Sept 2020 and I was assigned a case officer on 9th October 2020 and subsequently, My nomination was also approved on 9th Oct. 

I was requested by the CO to submit additional documents. Requested info:
- evidence of registration/lisencing and
- evidence of work expereince (payslips, PAYG summary, Notice of Assessment).

I have supplied this now and I also completed my health assessment on 10th Oct in Melbourne.
My MARA agent thinks we could get a positive news within the next 2-3 weeks.
So lets see what the turnaround now is. Fingers crossed.

________
Additional details: I'm an onshore applicant; nominated occupation - "Professional Engineer (nec)" with accredited sponsor (applications are usually processed a bit quicker than usual from what I'm told)

Hi Thanks for sharing your timeline!

I am just wondering when you did book your health check in Melbourne. It could take at least one month to get medical check. 

8 minutes ago, Bob Y said:

Hi Thanks for sharing your timeline!

I am just wondering when you did book your health check in Melbourne. It could take at least one month to get medical check. 

Yeah timelines in Melbourne are terrible - the prolonged lockdown has led to a huge backlog to clear and very few slots being available to book.
Booking opened on 4th October 2020 after stage 4 restrictions were eased - I found one for mid November and immediately booked it in. Between 4th October and 6th October, I was non-stop refreshing for new time slots and modified my booking twice - once from mid Nov to end of October and then luckily was able to book a time slot that opened for 10th October 2020 !! It was crazy but I was very lucky and honestly you will need luck to get an early appointment. Nonetheless, I think there's certainly ways to "hack" your way (not literally) into getting an early appointment and have a few suggestions that can improve your chances -

Option 1 (this is what I did) - Make a booking on any available date in your nearest center (it's OK even if it is December). Then, use the "modify/cancel existing booking" option to check for earlier dates in your test center (or the center nearby) - this is what I did because searching for a new appointment is easier when you are "modifying an existing booking" than creating a new one (chances of getting out-booked are lower because you don't have to type your details all over again). Don't just wait for a "suitable" time - just book the immediately closest/best date available - and check whenever/as often as possible (preferably in the morning times between 8-10 am as that's when people likely cancel/modify booking times.

Option 2 - Book it in a regional center where there is much lesser demand but you'll have to pay much more for transport+appointment fees but you'll be avoiding the major rush that's focussed on the metro centers (however, I don't think you can do this if you are in VIC)

Option 3 (rumour - was told by a BUPA attendant that they heard that this works) - Email BUPA with your HAD ID and details and desperately request them for an earlier appointment time - explain your situation and why you really need to book an appointment and that you are struggling to find a suitable date. A few people at my BUPA center told me that they tried this and they were sent a separate link by the bookings team to book when separate slots were opened up, before they were made available to others.

Option 4 (rumour only) - They are known to open up a few slots for the weekends on Mon/Tue morning or at midnight - so keep refreshing and searching - there's got to be something that opens up as people move their bookings for a variety of reasons and you can change booking timings whenever/however often without any extra fees. Also, the BUPA centers open more times organically without informing people.

I don't guarantee or predict that the above will 100% work but I think your chances of finding a good time slot are much better if you try the above. Let me know how you go! Good luck! 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Everyone, 

I got my PR today. I hope everyone got their application finalised soon.  🙏

• Visa: 186 DE
  • Nomination and Visa Applied: 1 Jul 2020
  • Nomination Approved: 10 Sept 2020
  • S56 Req: 10 Sept 2020 (Health checks and home country miliary service status) - Submitted 15 Sept 2020
  • Onshore: Yes
  • State: NSW
  • No. of applicants: 2
  • Medicals Completed: 14 Sept 2020
  • Visa Status: Finalised - Grant 15 Oct 2020

• Congratulations 14

Hello guys!

Silent reader here and just today, we got our golden email! 

Sharing our timeline below. 

please don't give up on waiting. I know it's easier said than done but your time will come and it's the most wonderful feeling! Sending prayers out for everyone!

• Visa : 186 DE 
  • Onshore : No (Primary applicant)
  • State: NSW
  • No. of applicants: 3 
  • Nomination Applied: 5th Mar 2020
  • Application Applied: 5th Mar 2020
  • Medicals completed: 12th Mar 2020
  • Nomination Approved: not sure
  • s56 Request for information: 8th Sept 2020
  • Additional information supplied: 8th Oct 2020
  • Visa Granted: 14th Oct 2020

• Congratulations 9

2 hours ago, A.N. said:

The number of nominations/visa applications lodged/granted for the first 8 months of 2020 for each occupation code:

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2020/fa-200900939-document-released.PDF

It's a pity they don't report on-/offshore numbers.
What is the difference between the first two and second two tables? Nominated occupation vs. occupation? What is a nominated occupation?

13 minutes ago, kgbspender said:

What is the difference between the first two and second two tables? Nominated occupation vs. occupation? What is a nominated occupation?

Hi... one doubt... how many hours casual full time is considered full time contract? Or will casual full time be considered?

Edited by Sandhiya

58 minutes ago, Sandhiya said:

Hi... one doubt... how many hours casual full time is considered full time contract? Or will casual full time be considered? Can anyone explain ? According to pro rata calculation how many hours is considered as full time?

There is either Casual or Permanent. Full time is generally considered 38hrs per week. Difference is that in Permanent you get Personal leaves and Annual leaves.

2 hours ago, kgbspender said:

Yeah, that would have been much more useful.

I think that the first two tables corresponds to the number of NOMINATIONS lodged/granted while the second two tables include the number of APPLICATIONS lodged/granted.

1 hour ago, Kewalch said:

Hi guys  

Just want to ask one question that after the budget, government announced that priority will be given to people who lives in regional area, is it  for PMSOL list or for everyone.

thanks

It's mean all regional applicants will preference, but after budget we haven't heard much grants other then the PMSOL.