14 hours ago, PRWaiting4u said:

Hi Guys. I am interested to know if anyone medical is expired or about to expire while visa application still not finalised. It seems we cannot do new medical until CO ask to do? 

2 hours ago, Kewalch said:

Same question I was going to ask, my medical is received and ok. But it is going to expire in November. Even my Pcc as well.

Any idea what will happen.

Thanks

I think some one mentioned earlier on this thread that it is better to re-do medicals and PCC only if requested by CO.

I've been a silent reader of this forum. I received my golden email today 🙂 Good luck to everyone.

This is my timeline:

• Visa : 186 DE
  • Nomination and  Visa Applied - 9 Apr 2020
  • Onshore : Yes
  • State: VIC
  • No. of applicants : 2
  • Role : Software Developer
  • Medicals completed: 5 May 2020
  • s56 Request for More Information -  1 Jun 2020 (Translation of overseas police certificate, better copy of passport)
  • Information provided -  02 Jun 2020
  • Nomination approved: 18 Aug 2020
  • s56 Request for More Information -  18 Aug 2020 (Translation of overseas police certificate - AGAIN )
  • Information provided -  19 Aug 2020 (MA uploaded the same document)
  • Visa Status - Granted -  16 Sept 2020
  • Congratulations 9

3 hours ago, PRWaiting4u said:

So only software engineers and developers are getting grant. What about us? 

@PRWaiting4u remember that this forum only represents a small group of applications and people going through the immigration process (on the relevant streams). 

So, although tough to see, remember there are other people and role's getting approved / worked on, outside of this forum. Stay strong! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Does anyone know how we can write an email to DoHA? I could not find any email address on their website. We still could not get a definite answer regarding Toefl Test- Home Edition. I even got in touch with them via phone, but no concrete answer. I know that they are not perhaps very responsive, but I think it is still worth to try. Thanks.

3 hours ago, A.N. said:

Does anyone know how we can write an email to DoHA? I could not find any email address on their website. We still could not get a definite answer regarding Toefl Test- Home Edition. I even got in touch with them via phone, but no concrete answer. I know that they are not perhaps very responsive, but I think it is still worth to try. Thanks.

This is what DHA website says about home language tests

Covid-19 and at home language tests

Some testing centres are providing versions of their tests that you can take at home, such as TOEFL iBT – Special Home Edition, OET@Home and IELTS Indicator. We do not currently accept these tests.

Please refer for more detail https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A.N. said:

Hi Mate, Home affairs has confirmed that home edition won't be accepted 

3 hours ago, LaurenUK said:

Does anyone know if being on unpaid leave due to covid in NSW will effect nomination/visa decisions? My partners job is currently on a few weeks stand down due to covid.

@LaurenUK My understanding here is that this will only affect the main applicant and their "counted days" to fulfilling the required permanent work period. For example, any days taken as unpaid cannot be counted towards "working" at the company. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hex said:

@LaurenUK My understanding here is that this will only affect the main applicant and their "counted days" to fulfilling the required permanent work period. For example, any days taken as unpaid cannot be counted towards "working" at the company. 

Thank you! So frustrating if this is the case when it comes to COVID leave to as it’s through no choice of our own. 

Happy and surprised... 😱

Visa : 186 DE

Nomination Applied : 27 Aug 2020 

Visa Applied : 27 Aug 2020

Medicals - 6th Sep 2020

Onshore : Yes

State: NSW

No. of applicants : 2

Role : Software Engineer

Visa Grant- 17th September 2020

Edited by Ashok P
  • Like 1