1 hour ago, Emix said:

I’m Restaurant manager too

Applied July for Nomination and approved mid January and then I applied 29th January for the Visa part.

Visa part is still received.

Are u all employee right now or stood down during lockdown? (Melbourne)

i’m stood down for six weeks Hopefully it’s not gonna affect the Visa application

4 hours ago, restaurant.manager said:

@Marisawright and @Micgeo

I did contact with my MA last week.

She said, she didn't had any hostility grant since Covid issue.

Immigration either not rejecting or not giving approval of hospitality related occupations. They just put on hold.

But she said, hopefully immi will consider all visa applicants who already lodged 186/187 (cause they're already working from years) but not for the new 482 visa.

How did your MA find out that hospitality is on hold? 
thank you

59 minutes ago, HarryG said:

If not s48 barred like no refused or canceled 

Then can do onshore 

Can apply both same time like fresh sc482 from different employer while waiting current 186 file

Correct, if not s.48 barred, you can apply onshore.

If you apply for a new sc482 visa, you will get a bridging visa C.

The risk is that the sc186 application is refused after your sc482 new application: in this case you will have to apply for a bridging visa E, which will reset your time in Australia for your future Australian citizenship

7 hours ago, Micgeo said:

Is there any migration agent on this forum?what’s happening to visa applicants from  Hospitality sector lot of people are waiting just for a Visa and nomination  has been already approved

Thanks in advance

I feel your stress, guys 😞 The Department can probably ask for a confirmation of the employment, which you can upload without waiting the RFI (Request for Further Information) letter.

8 minutes ago, Saper said:

Hi, MA lodged nomination application, I am going to lodge visa application for 186 TRT. Could you please guide me if it is mandatory to fill form 80?

If you want, you can provide it, although it's not mandatory.

I haven't been uploading the Form 80 for the past 2-3 years, above all for European clients.

If the Department needs it, they will request.

36 minutes ago, Laura Zorzi said:

Correct, if not s.48 barred, you can apply onshore.

If you apply for a new sc482 visa, you will get a bridging visa C.

The risk is that the sc186 application is refused after your sc482 new application: in this case you will have to apply for a bridging visa E, which will reset your time in Australia for your future Australian citizenship

Mean will get refusal for current 186 due to apply fresh 482 from different employer same time.

Better to wait for current 186

if refused department will give 28 days during this 28 days can apply fresh 482?

4 hours ago, Laura Zorzi said:

I feel your stress, guys 😞 The Department can probably ask for a confirmation of the employment, which you can upload without waiting the RFI (Request for Further Information) letter.

Hi Laura, what documents we can upload as a confirmation of the employment? 

Wonder when our nomination will get approved having applied in Nov'19. Not a single response from dept. or request for more info/documents. MA even uploaded status update requests recently and emailed same employer nomination section but no reply. Also, uploaded letter confirming full time employment through the entire COVID period with no affect on position, salary .

Just having the nomination approved feels like a dream right now.  

3 hours ago, Kiwi said:

Hi Laura, what documents we can upload as a confirmation of the employment? 

As per my MA and I did the same, a letter from the employer confirming your employment status remains full time and there has been no affect on your position, roles and responsibilities and salary. And that there is still a genuine need for your position in the company. Also providing payslips for last few months till date will help proving your status. 

3 hours ago, Tech Sales Rep said:

Wonder when our nomination will get approved having applied in Nov'19. Not a single response from dept. or request for more info/documents. MA even uploaded status update requests recently and emailed same employer nomination section but no reply. Also, uploaded letter confirming full time employment through the entire COVID period with no affect on position, salary .

Just having the nomination approved feels like a dream right now.  

In same boat, still waiting to hear something from immigration.

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, eka said:

Hi Everyone, 

I have been a silent reader since 2.5 months and I received my 186 DE today.

I wish you all luck and hopefully you will all soon receive your golden emails!!

Congrats mate, pretty much sure DE timelines are going to go down this month, so many grants last 2-3 days.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, restaurant.manager said:

My MA said, she had conversations with other MAs and no one got hospitality related grants in recent days, but they had few other grants but not any hostility occupation.

Thank you for the info 😉

• Like 1

When the time is right I, the Lord will make it happen. ~ Isaiah 60:22🙏🏼

Our 186 DE was granted today!!!🇦🇺🥰🎉🥂

Nomination lodged: 05 March 2020
Visa lodged: 10 March 2020
Applicants: 4 (onshore) 
Nomination granted: 15 June 2020
Visa granted: 14 July 2020

Keep the faith. God bless us all.
  • Like 1
  • Congratulations 6

40 minutes ago, JAYZ.C said:

When the time is right I, the Lord will make it happen. ~ Isaiah 60:22🙏🏼

Our 186 DE was granted today!!!🇦🇺🥰🎉🥂

Nomination lodged: 05 March 2020
Visa lodged: 10 March 2020
Applicants: 4 (onshore) 
Nomination granted: 15 June 2020
Visa granted: 14 July 2020

Keep the faith. God bless us all.

Congratulations mate. The wait was worth it. Quite quick for you. Hope we all get ours too soon !