On 11/07/2020 at 20:09, Underthesun said:

25 months almost 26 months now and  still stands at received. I’ve since learnt of another carpenter who has been waiting 28 months so just trying to understand what’s going on. 

This situation scares the shit out of me . Im a carpenter too and I’m 6 months waiting . I hope we get some news this week 🙏🏻

10 hours ago, Yang Sun said:

Yes, you can, but it must be offshore visa application, you have to leave Australia.

Still didn't get any file refused or canceled and when I applied for 186 had 457 valid. Applied 186 22 September 2919. 457 expired 10 November 2019 after this bridging visa A start.

Yes, you can, but it must be offshore visa application, you have to leave Australia.

Still didn't get any file refused or canceled and when I applied for 186 had 457 valid. Applied 186 22 September 2919. 457 expired 10 November 2019 after this bridging visa A start.

7 minutes ago, RMartin52 said:

Hi Guys

Got our 186DE granted today.  Wasn't expecting it so soon with the wait time so may other people have been experiencing.

Best of luck to everyone and hope you all get yours soon to.

Congratulations mate..!! Nomination and visa granted same day..!!!! Awesome. 

3 hours ago, RMartin52 said:

Hi Guys

Got our 186DE granted today.  Wasn't expecting it so soon with the wait time so may other people have been experiencing.

Best of luck to everyone and hope you all get yours soon to.

Congratulations @RMartin52!!! 

We applied on the same dates as you but still waiting. We applied in Victoria, 186 DE, Metal Machinist.

Where did you apply from?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Micgeo said:

Is there any migration agent on this forum?what’s happening to visa applicants from  Hospitality sector lot of people are waiting just for a Visa and nomination  has been already approved

Thanks in advance

@Marisawright and @Micgeo

I did contact with my MA last week.

She said, she didn't had any hostility grant since Covid issue.

Immigration either not rejecting or not giving approval of hospitality related occupations. They just put on hold.

But she said, hopefully immi will consider all visa applicants who already lodged 186/187 (cause they're already working from years) but not for the new 482 visa.

11 minutes ago, RMartin52 said:

We also applied in victoria.

MA done the nomination and i done the visa myself. 

such a relief to finally have it granted.

A huge relief for you!!

It is good to know that they are processing applications for tradies in Victoria. Even when we are still waiting.

I hope to hear the good news soon.

Thanks for your response.

2 hours ago, restaurant.manager said:

@Marisawright and @Micgeo

I did contact with my MA last week.

She said, she didn't had any hostility grant since Covid issue.

Immigration either not rejecting or not giving approval of hospitality related occupations. They just put on hold.

But she said, hopefully immi will consider all visa applicants who already lodged 186/187 (cause they're already working from years) but not for the new 482 visa.

It’s not fair to put on hold applications who had already nominations approved  It’s very frustrating 😔

Micgeo,that’s exactly how I feel.

My migration agent said that all 186 applications are processed very slow.But none of the Hospitality lodgement have been finalised.
Even though  it’s on hold he pointed out that eventually department will give a decisions to those cases.

30 minutes ago, Laura Zorzi said:

You need to lodge an offshore application for a sc482 visa from a BVA only if you are s.48 barred (i.e. you had a visa refused or cancelled)

If not s48 barred like no refused or canceled 

Then can do onshore 

Can apply both same time like fresh sc482 from different employer while waiting current 186 file