Congrats guys, good to hear of so many Grants! :)

Would you guys know when does the processing time start from? Is it from the date you submit the bare minimum application or after the submission of a complete application? A complete application being the one with PCC and medicals done. I submitted my app in April but PCC is pending due to COVID closures.

2 hours ago, restaurant.manager said:

Any restaurant got grant recently?

Can you say, any offshore applicant got grant in these days?

Is there any statement/instrction from immi  dept about their future. 

Thanks in advance. 

2 hours ago, M A Z said:

Can you say, any offshore applicant got grant in these days?

Is there any statement/instrction from immi  dept about their future. 

Thanks in advance. 

There is. Someone I know got granted with GTI visa from offshore.

• Thanks 1

On 09/07/2020 at 13:39, Underthesun said:

thanks for responding.

I’ve rang so many times the past year and they either say they can’t discuss it, some have said that it’s not acceptable and Informed me an email has been sent to processing to prioritise it, then I hear nothing. They keep saying that Unfortunately there is a 10% margin. A lot of different answers.

I'm in the same boat, mate. Waiting for 13 months.

2 hours ago, heb002 said:

I'm in the same boat, mate. Waiting for 13 months.

25 months almost 26 months now and  still stands at received. I’ve since learnt of another carpenter who has been waiting 28 months so just trying to understand what’s going on. 

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, restaurant.manager said:

What?

Can you gives details, your occupation and complete timeline?

Sure,

Feb 2016: I Came to Australia from the UK on a working holiday visa with my partner

Aug 2016: applied for a 457 sponsorship defacto 

Dec 2016: 457 granted

May 2018: applied for 186 ENS using the same migration agents I used for the 457. The migration agents told me to do my health and police checks just so everything was ready to go as soon as they opened application. 

July 2020: visa and nomination status still stands at received 

countless calls to home affairs have got me nowhere they actually used covid 19 as an excuse recently. I did a formal complaint and now my migration agents are taking it to the ombudsman as they don’t know what to do either and said it’s unacceptable.

I am at the point where I just want an answer as mentally I’m struggling to look forward and I have a family. 

9 hours ago, Underthesun said:

Sure,

Feb 2016: I Came to Australia from the UK on a working holiday visa with my partner

Aug 2016: applied for a 457 sponsorship defacto 

Dec 2016: 457 granted

May 2018: applied for 186 ENS using the same migration agents I used for the 457. The migration agents told me to do my health and police checks just so everything was ready to go as soon as they opened application. 

July 2020: visa and nomination status still stands at received 

countless calls to home affairs have got me nowhere they actually used covid 19 as an excuse recently. I did a formal complaint and now my migration agents are taking it to the ombudsman as they don’t know what to do either and said it’s unacceptable.

I am at the point where I just want an answer as mentally I’m struggling to look forward and I have a family. 

Did your nomination got approved??

Hi

Can someone tell how long it should take to get invoice for second payment.

I applied 186 TRT on 13 november 2019 and nomination got approved on 23 march 2020. same day I was asked to provide evidence for my partner English or pay money.

my lawyer asked for invoice on 24 March 2020 but still waiting for response. any idea about my case please. 

thanks 

1 hour ago, Laura Zorzi said:

Why would you apply for a 482 when you have filed an application for a 186 (TRT, I assume)?

Requested documents from department. Old owner transfer buisness under new company and abn. Department said new owner immediate family member of old owner they just transfer company under new abn and new company to just nominate to me. Because due to any reason department cancel old owner sponsorships 2018. New company registered 2015 have valid sponsorships and i have already 482 nomination transferred on 17 may 2018 under new company. Thanks 

1 hour ago, restaurant.manager said:

Monday again.

New week, new hope

I have not heard anyone in hospitality industry got news so far, maybe they don't assess hopitality cases in this situation...

BTW, I'm a cook😑

Edited by Yang Sun

19 minutes ago, Yang Sun said:

I have not heard anyone in hospitality industry got news so far, maybe they don't assess hopitality cases in this situation...

I think that's very likely.   Many restaurants and cafés are suffering from the closures and may not open again, so there will be less need for migrants with hospitality skills.   There is currently high unemployment in hospitality and it's likely to continue after the pandemic, so there will be plenty of Australians looking for those hospitality work.  I don't know what the government will do, but they may require employers to try again to find an Australian to do the job.

10 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

I think that's very likely.   Many restaurants and cafés are suffering from the closures and may not open again, so there will be less need for migrants with hospitality skills.   There is currently high unemployment in hospitality and it's likely to continue after the pandemic, so there will be plenty of Australians looking for those hospitality work.  I don't know what the government will do, but they may require employers to try again to find an Australian to do the job.

Heck yeah, Sooo disappointed

45 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Do you think its gonna impact on existing applicants as well who's waiting for only for VISA(Nomination already approved on March).

i am cook too.

6 minutes ago, hiral said:

Do you think its gonna impact on existing applicants as well who's waiting for only for VISA(Nomination already approved on March).

i am cook too.

I am only guessing, but I think they would revisit those applications because of the new circumstances.  Lots of unemployed cooks here now

Edited by Marisawright

14 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

I am only guessing, but I think they would revisit those applications because of the new circumstances.  Lots of unemployed cooks here now

14 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

than looks like gonna be hard time for all Hospitality workers and specially those who's inches away from their PR.