• Visa : 186 DE (2 years on 457)
  • Nomination and  Visa Applied - 24 Mar 2020
  • Onshore : Yes
  • State: VIC
  • No. of applicants : 1
  • Role : Developer Programmer
  • Nomination Status - received 
  • Visa Status - received

My English is going to expire in 3 months. Do I need to take a new test?

Do they count the date of expiration when I lodge the visa, or they only look at it when they actually "look" at it?

On 12/06/2020 at 10:37, devProgrammer said:

Still waiting, way over 82 days, file not picked up yet.

Sorry to hear this, hope the good news is waiting in the next corner for you!.

We are on the similar boat here, let's keep each other updated

• Visa : 186 DE (2 years on 457)
  • Nomination and  Visa Applied - 24 Mar 2020
  • Onshore : Yes
  • State: VIC
  • No. of applicants : 1
  • Role : Developer Programmer
  • Nomination Status - received 
  • Visa Status - received
  • Like 1

Hi,

Regarding 186 TRT, is there any benefit to submit both sponsor nomination (company) and visa application (individual) at the same time?

In my case, the agent actually applied it at the same time, but my co-workers have applied it separately last year. Nomination was approved, followed by visas approval after a few months in their cases. 

That’s exactly what I did,applied separately.

Well from my experience if you apply separately it takes much longer to get your PR.

Nomination got approved 4.5 months ago then I applied for Visa part straight away but my status is still received.

And COVID-19 did had a negative impact too.

On 16/06/2020 at 13:21, Marisawright said:

You look on Seek.com.au and network on Linkedin, and apply for jobs.  

Hi there, 

Thanks for this info. But I am overseas and most job I searched look for PR/citizen or who are onshore. Was wondering if anybody knows of any employer..

Hi Guys

I am new here and would like your opinion, please

I had applied for visa 186 DE on 29/04/2020, and yesterday I got the nomination approved, and asked for extra information for the visa application.

the issue I am having is that when I lodged the visa I forgot  to mention one residency location of my partner (wife), it was in the same country but she moved from one address to another when we got married and i didn't include that address on the apllication (only indicated the last address).

now the department is asking for calrifciation on her residential addresses and asked me to fill form 80. In the form I will correct the address and will add the missing address.

my MA is thinking this can cause an issue with the department - The fact that your partner has not indicated her address properly in the application- . so I would like to have your opinion guys if any one has similar issue or can this be a big problem? thank in advance 

2 minutes ago, Mon0309 said:

Hi Guys

I am new here and would like your opinion, please

I had applied for visa 186 DE on 29/04/2020, and yesterday I got the nomination approved, and asked for extra information for the visa application.

the issue I am having is that when I lodged the visa I forgot  to mention one residency location of my partner (wife), it was in the same country but she moved from one address to another when we got married and i didn't include that address on the apllication (only indicated the last address).

now the department is asking for calrifciation on her residential addresses and asked me to fill form 80. In the form I will correct the address and will add the missing address.

my MA is thinking this can cause an issue with the department - The fact that your partner has not indicated her address properly in the application- . so I would like to have your opinion guys if any one has similar issue or can this be a big problem? thank in advance 

Hi @Mon0309 

I'm not sure why your MA would say that. I had a similar issue with mine, where we forgot to add the complete lit of my wife's addresses (left 1 year off). 

They requested the additional / missing info, which we supplied and they accepted. Had the visa a few months later. 

As long as you're not hiding anything and it all makes sense then there's no reason for them to have an issue with this area of the application. 

Thanks 

Tanks @Hex for your feedback, I though the same.just want to ask you did they ask you to fill form 80 as well?

becuase in my case, what I wrote that all her time (since born - untill left the country) on one address only. where it should be two address one before we got married and the other one after the marriage. do you think this is the same scenario? I wasn't trying to hide anything, I completly forgot to mention that address.

thanks again

1 minute ago, Mon0309 said:

Thanks 

Tanks @Hex for your feedback, I though the same.just want to ask you did they ask you to fill form 80 as well?

becuase in my case, what I wrote that all her time (since born - untill left the country) on one address only. where it should be two address one before we got married and the other one after the marriage. do you think this is the same scenario? I wasn't trying to hide anything, I completly forgot to mention that address.

thanks again

@Mon0309 Yeah, I had to complete a form 80 and update the addresses for the complete 10 years. 

There's no harm in doing so, really the more information you provide the better, and less chance of them coming back (asking for more) there is.