On 22/05/2020 at 09:56, CHEF NSW said:

hi guys,

I’m  on bridging visa since sep 2020

ens 186 as a chef still waiting for a good news anyone similar to my application 

thanks in advance 🙏🏼

Nomination  sep 2019

visa sep 2019

medical dec 2020

status recieve

Hi 

Mine also same

Cook vic (4+ years)

Current bridging visa from nov 2019

Nomination applied 8th sep 2019

Visa application 22nd sep 2019

Nomination open 2nd feb 2020

Provided documents 17th feb 2020 after that no update 

Just now, HarryG said:

Hi 

Mine also same

Cook vic (4+ years 457)

Trt stream

Current bridging visa from nov 2019

Nomination applied 8th sep 2019

Visa application 22nd sep 2019

Nomination open 2nd feb 2020

Provided documents 17th feb 2020 after that no update 

457 granted on 2015 June 03 as cook (WA) 

after working 2 years the owner sold the business.

2017 got another employer for 457 Nomination approve on November 2017. 

Again 482 applied on May 2019 after 2 years on all those visa applied 186 visa on 28 feb 2020 applications receive. Cheers to all. 

2 hours ago, Ozzy_man10 said:

Has anybody had a good experiance trying to call immigration in regards to status of application, if so how did it go? 

One of the known 186 visa applicant tried reaching they told best way to check home affairs log in... I think mailing to the acknowledgment of visa application will work.. If any of you’ll tried mailing please do tell... m asking my MA she told she did for all visa holders they was like corona issue so process will be slow.. if anyone did particularly to their application please let me knw how it goes..?

Edited by Sandhiya

On 01/06/2020 at 19:10, Ozzy_man10 said:

Has anybody had a good experiance trying to call immigration in regards to status of application, if so how did it go? 

In a word, no. 

In my experience, there is no way to call the Department directly. BUT if you are BOTH (a) over 2 x the 90% waiting time for your stream, and (b) also haven't been contacted at all recently by the department, then calling the helpline *might* result in them informing the department that you are over 2 x the waiting time.

If you don't satisfy BOTH of the above criteria then it is a waste of time calling - the number is not even for the department, just external phone answering service and they can see the basic status for your visa, but can't do anything. You can talk to them 'til you're blue in the face and the Department will never know you even called.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/contact-us/telephone

It's pretty much the same deal with all phone numbers, including employer hotline. Most call-answerers will not even take your name/reference numbers, even if you ask them to.

Hi,

I've submitted my visa application for 186 DE on 11 February. The status is still received but I'm concerned about the information: action required - organise health examination (see snapshot). Should I do examinations now or is it better to wait for nomination approval? 

I'm just thinking that maybe they didn't open my application because of missing docs - health examinations.

Screenshot_20200603-144032_Chrome.thumb.jpg.86282e0e515cd8522430cf41adf621da.jpg

Thanks in advance for all answers and help!

As it says now on Immi website the processing time is 61 to 82 days (for the month of April) has anyone actually got their visa grant in this timeframe?  It seems like this has to be farfetched because all I see is more people who are waiting way past the advised times.  Has most people now been asked to provide further info from employer? or is this only certain occupations?

3 hours ago, miaeu said:

Hi,

I've submitted my visa application for 186 DE on 11 February. The status is still received but I'm concerned about the information: action required - organise health examination (see snapshot). Should I do examinations now or is it better to wait for nomination approval? 

I'm just thinking that maybe they didn't open my application because of missing docs - health examinations.

Screenshot_20200603-144032_Chrome.thumb.jpg.86282e0e515cd8522430cf41adf621da.jpg

Thanks in advance for all answers and help!

What's your occupation mate?

3 hours ago, RMartin52 said:

As it says now on Immi website the processing time is 61 to 82 days (for the month of April) has anyone actually got their visa grant in this timeframe?  It seems like this has to be farfetched because all I see is more people who are waiting way past the advised times.  Has most people now been asked to provide further info from employer? or is this only certain occupations?

Been 5+ months... Still waiting.. Decision ready application... Not yet picked up .

Edited by devProgrammer

How do we know the case officer is allocated?🤔

I know many mentioned, but I have not received such email yet.

• Visa : 186 TRT (2.5 years on 457)
  • Nomination and Visa Applied: 5 May 2020
  • Onshore : Yes
  • State: NSW
  • No. of applicants: 2
  • Role: Network Engineer
  • Nomination Status: Received
  • Visa Status: Received

2 minutes ago, restaurant.manager said:

One of my friend, who applied 186 TRT as a chef in october last year from another restaurant.

Got his nomination approval today.

Further documents were requested in february.

That is good news... Some application are picked up atleast

1 minute ago, restaurant.manager said:

One of my friend, who applied 186 TRT as a chef in october last year from another restaurant.

Got his nomination approval today.

Further documents were requested in february.

Seems they are picking applications slowly

I have been a silent reader of this forum for the past 2 months & this forum has helped me a lot

So I wanted to share the good news here, our PR was granted yesterday

Timeline:

Nomination & Visa applied on: 08/04/2020

Police check completed on 28/04/2020

Medicals completed on 26/05/2020

Nomination approved: 04/06/2020

Visa Granted: 04/06/2020

ICT Project Manager 

186 TRT stream

Miracles do happen....hope for the best.

• Congratulations 9

36 minutes ago, nithyamgm said:

I have been a silent reader of this forum for the past 2 months & this forum has helped me a lot

So I wanted to share the good news here, our PR was granted yesterday

Timeline:

Nomination & Visa applied on: 08/04/2020

Police check completed on 28/04/2020

Medicals completed on 26/05/2020

Nomination approved: 04/06/2020

Visa Granted: 04/06/2020

ICT Project Manager 

186 TRT stream

Miracles do happen....hope for the best.

Congratulations,

• Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 1