Hello All,

I’m wondering because I’ve not seen any grant in last few days except the one who applied as a Nurse. Did anyone got the grant or got change in status from Receive to something else those who had applied in Dec 2019.

Please update as the time is killing and the rumors too for Corona!!!!

13 hours ago, donkeyoz said:

Is bupa medical examination still running in Melbourne? Submitted form on Tue 31 March, have not heard anything.... any insights or updates? 

According to their website, they are currently working on the schedule based on Department of Home Affairs guidance of the assessment priority. I submitted the appointment request form Friday, 27 Mar. Based in Sydney, nothing either...

I guess all we can do is wait now.

6 hours ago, SidFarooqui_20 said:

Hello All,

I’m wondering because I’ve not seen any grant in last few days except the one who applied as a Nurse. Did anyone got the grant or got change in status from Receive to something else those who had applied in Dec 2019.

Please update as the time is killing and the rumors too for Corona!!!!

Personally, I think under the current climate, positions among health or medical sectors will surely deserve higher assessment priority. Other industries, especially hospitality, might have to hang up a little bit. For example, the federal government announced last weekend, a 1,500/fortnightly wage subsidy will be available for the employees whose employers' revenues are badly straitened by the shutdown, and this so called Jobkeeper subsidy is only applicable if you're an Aussie or PR. If I were them, I wouldn't grant a lot of PR visa to the ones who work in the affected businesses in recent days, to be honest.

However, I hope I was wrong about the assumption. This is a very stressful time for a lot of new applicants as the uncertainty is still months ahead. Let's just put ourselves together and move on.  Just hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Everything should be fine on the other side of the crisis.

1 hour ago, JessieQ said:

Personally, I think under the current climate, positions among health or medical sectors will surely deserve higher assessment priority. Other industries, especially hospitality, might have to hang up a little bit.

Sadly, I would say that anyone hoping to get a visa in hospitality will be disappointed.  All restaurants, cafés and pubs in Australia are closed down now, except to offer takeaway meals, so they have all reduced their staff dramatically.   It's inevitable that many hospitality businesses will go broke due to this emergency, so they will not be rehiring those staff when things go back to normal. That means there will be many hospitality workers out of work in Australia for a long time, and therefore it's unlikely the government would grant visas to anyone else. 

Saw an update on 187 trt time line.. looks like it’s only essential workers visa getting approved, especially registered nurse visas.. that application got approved today which got applied on 27th feb 2020

22 minutes ago, Sheb said:

Saw an update on 187 trt time line.. looks like it’s only essential workers visa getting approved, especially registered nurse visas.. that application got approved today which got applied on 27th feb 2020

Yes, i saw 190 RNurse approved today. 
these days they are focusing Nurses. 

8 hours ago, SidFarooqui_20 said:

Hello All,
I guess that nobody is getting the PR grant in last few weeks or the people are not updating in the forms!!!

Just wanted to know Is the Immi working now-a-days?? If anyone is asure please do let us know as the time is Killing with Coronavirus.

Thanks

It seems that they only take in nurses or occupation in health sectors. Other occupations have to wait until this ends.

Hi guys!hope all is well with you! First time to post here.

I have a question. My company used a Migration Agent to lodge my visa last March 4. Im also done with the Medical examination last March 12. 

Is it safe to assume that the nomination has already been approved? If not, How would we know if the Nomination has already been approved? Thank you so much!

4 hours ago, Doodledummy said:

Hi guys!hope all is well with you! First time to post here.

I have a question. My company used a Migration Agent to lodge my visa last March 4. Im also done with the Medical examination last March 12. 

Is it safe to assume that the nomination has already been approved? If not, How would we know if the Nomination has already been approved? Thank you so much!

Visa Can be lodged without nomination approval, so we can't say if the nomination is approved or not.

The only way to know nomination status is through your MA or company representative for same.

Thank you @devProgrammer!!

Just a few more questions:

1. If visa is already lodged (March 2020) and 1 requirement is about to expire on May 2020,is it still valid? Or will they be requesting for a new one?

2. If my 457 visa is expiring on March 2021, and worst case(hopefully not)  -PR is not yet approved, will they be granting us a bridging visa or will they be extending my 457? Im offshore btw which is why i didnt get a bridging visa upon 186 lodgement.

Hope someone can help clear these questions pls. Thank u so much!