Hi there

My employer lockdown his business temporary after the government Announcements

im  a 457 visa holder and 186 trt in process (nomination approved)

he said he is not fired me but temporary standing me down from my employment without pay effective immediately.

whats going to happen to my visa is it going to be canceled ? What’s gonna happens to 186 visa ? 

I have applied for 186 visa and nomination (nomination approved visa waiting for Decision)  but  my 457 is still in affect also,my employer said they will open again when the government will allow that

I don’t want to believe my 457 is going to be canceled  I’m so close to take my pr

there so many people restaurant and cafe managers  in my position 

Edited by Micgeo

On 23/03/2020 at 01:47, Micgeo said:

Hi There
Unfortunately the government announced 
The closing of  all  non Essential services including Restaurants I have logged my application as restaurant manager  October 2019 and nomination has been approved  a month ago,now waiting for the visa What’s going to happen to the 186 trt applicants  whose visa is still still in progress 

Thanks in advance 

Hello,

My nomination was approved almost one month ago.My boss and  I contacted our agent and she said, there is nothing to be worried about, it won’t have any impact on my visa application, maybe just longer waiting period. We are still open for take away and delivery and even if we will close completely, there isn’t gonna be any issue, immigration know what is happening and it won’t affect my future visa.

I asked my agent and she didn’t know yet ,the good side  is nomination has been approved 

fingers crossed 

very stressful ,I’m still on 457 visa  with 3 kids no centrerlink, without job and if I stay more than 90 days on leave without pay I will breach my visa conditions

Edited by Micgeo
  • Congratulations 1

9 hours ago, Nora93 said:

Hello,

My nomination was approved almost one month ago.My boss and  I contacted our agent and she said, there is nothing to be worried about, it won’t have any impact on my visa application, maybe just longer waiting period. We are still open for take away and delivery and even if we will close completely, there isn’t gonna be any issue, immigration know what is happening and it won’t affect my future visa.

asked my agent and she didn’t know yet ,the good side  is nomination has been approved 

fingers crossed 

very stressful ,I’m still on 457 visa  with 3 kids no centrerlink, without job and if I stay more than 90 days on leave without pay I will breach my visa conditions

I have 2 years left on my 457 sponsorship visa. Does anyone have any input in regards to proccessing time. Will I be at the back of the proccessing pile?

In this uncertain time it would be nice to have the security of PR. I'm just concerned I'll be waiting over a year for it.....

DE 186 

Date of application and nomination 20th Dec 2020

Onshore 

Civil Engineer 

2 applicants. 

53 minutes ago, Ozzy_man10 said:

I have 2 years left on my 457 sponsorship visa. Does anyone have any input in regards to proccessing time. Will I be at the back of the proccessing pile?

To my knowledge, your current visa expiry does not make any difference to your processing time.

10 hours ago, Swoop said:

I have now reached the point where I've stopped counting up the days, weeks month...and started counting down the days until the 1 year anniversary of my application 🙃

What a load of doom and gloom!

Any good news?

Don’t get upset mate, I am with you also waiting to celebrate the 1st Anniversary soon. 

Here, if patience doesn’t work then forgetfulness strategy (forget that you applied to Immi Dept) may work.        

1 hour ago, restaurant.manager said:

I haven't heard any news of nomination approval or visa granted since last week. 😕

Anyone heard any good news in these critical days?

👋 hello, Nowadays visa grant rate is very rare