On 13/03/2020 at 11:50, xushuang923 said:

I have been waiting for 3 months and one week  since further assessment . waiting game....killing me 

cook 

nom:26th  june 2019 

approve :30th  october 2019

visa apply : 16th nov 2019

s56 request:(AFP ) 6th  dec 2019

summit :same day 

no update  after that

Mate,

after waiting 3 months 2 wks, I was sent with another S56 request, so you understand the pain....

Edited by M A Z

2 hours ago, M A Z said:

Me too waiting since June 2019.

Unhappy to know that someone is also suffering like me.

It is a shame, but gives me hope that there is just a general delay - and not a problem with my individual application.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, M A Z said:

Mate,

after waiting 3 months 2 wks, I was sent with another S56 request, so you understand the pain....

Hi there,

I totally understand that feeling. what did they ask this time? So how long have you waiting after you summit the latest S56?

It's been two months since our application lodged. Officer requested more information about a month ago and the information provided in 2 days following their request. This was on 18 Feb 2020. Application status is Further Assessment since then.

The stress created by this unknown waiting period is very destructive. Unfortunately there is nothing to do but waiting.

Edited by tayfun

3 hours ago, tayfun said:

It's been two months since our application lodged. Officer requested more information about a month ago and the information provided in 2 days following their request. This was on 18 Feb 2020. Application status is Further Assessment since then.

The stress created by this unknown waiting period is very destructive. Unfortunately there is nothing to do but waiting.

Hi there, what was the document requested on 14th Feb?

20 minutes ago, NickB89 said:

Hi there, what was the document requested on 14th Feb?

Hi Nick,

We had been asked to provide more information regarding our de-facto relationship. There was a checklist for what they are expecting from us. This checklist was basically categorized on 4 different aspects of a relationship such as financial and social etc.

Edited by tayfun

2 minutes ago, tayfun said:

Hi Nick,

We had been asked to provide more information regarding our de-facto relationship. There was a checklist for what they are expecting from us. This checklist was basically categorized on 4 different aspects of a relationship such as financial and social etc.

Oh ok. I am also on the same boat.

I got s56 for medical examination and we are done with the test but the status is still initial assessment. 

2 minutes ago, NickB89 said:

Oh ok. I am also on the same boat.

I got s56 for medical examination and we are done with the test but the status is still initial assessment

Our medicals were already done by 14 Feb 2020. Therefore we didn't receive a request for it. If I remember correct, we have had this initial assessment status until we uploaded new documents for S56. After uploading them, it changed to Further Assessment status. I believe your status will become Further Assessment once BUPA sent your medical report to the department.

18 hours ago, xus0205 said:

Hi there,

I totally understand that feeling. what did they ask this time? So how long have you waiting after you summit the latest S56?

Very unexpectedly they asked for the new police clearance (for a country where I stayed for more than 12 months but) which I submitted earlier with my VISA application. However, responded but again its almost a month, no voice from them.

****Any body having any idea on why this document is Re-requested with the 3rd S56 request. Isn't that, they should have asked me with their 1st S-56 document request if their any problem?? if not with the 2nd S-56 document request?

Edited by M A Z

2 hours ago, M A Z said:

Very unexpectedly they asked for the new police clearance (for a country where I stayed for more than 12 months but) which I submitted earlier with my VISA application. However, responded but again its almost a month, no voice from them.

****Any body having any idea on why this document is Re-requested with the 3rd S56 request. Isn't that, they should have asked me with their 1st S-56 document request if their any problem?? if not with the 2nd S-56 document request?

Why they keep asking again & again?

3 hours ago, M A Z said:

It happens sometimes, not sure if they can't see the document or simply overlook it.  Best is to politely reply that you'd provided the document earlier but in case it's not visible in their system you are sending/uploading a fresh copy. 

1 hour ago, MaggieMay24 said:

It happens sometimes, not sure if they can't see the document or simply overlook it.  Best is to politely reply that you'd provided the document earlier but in case it's not visible in their system you are sending/uploading a fresh copy. 

Thanks for good piece of advice.  

Do you guys think that corona virus outbreak has any effect on 186 applications? We haven't heard even a single grant since last week. I am trying to make myself believe it doesn't have anything to do with visa processing. At least not any effect on the permanent residency applications.

11 minutes ago, tayfun said:

Do you guys think that corona virus outbreak has any effect on 186 applications? We haven't heard even a single grant since last week. I am trying to make myself believe it doesn't have anything to do with visa processing. At least not any effect on the permanent residency applications.

I am hoping that the only effect is that staff at the DIBP will be more likely to take sick leave and/or work from home, or be isolated after an overseas trip - so presumably that would slow things down slightly.

Hopefully there is no wider effect, eg. staff taken from that particular department to work on assisting with emergency immigration measures as a result of COVID-19. I suppose that kind of thing is possible though.

New wait times for the February month will be out soon, so that should give us some indication. So nervous! 🤞

Hi All, I received the S56 request on 4th March for further medical tests and completed the test on 11th March and after that, the portal is automatically updated to reflect the last update date as 11th March. 

I was going through my profile and noticed the below button, which I don't think it was there earlier before S56 request. Even the medical test results were completed, the status is still "initial assessment". Please let me know if I need to contact my MA to confirm.

image.thumb.png.45ca41830dae0c4d28adb20223c29dce.png 

Hi everyone,

My 186 visa was granted yesterday afternoon! After 6 months of complications, waiting and worrying - I can finally plan and live my life more comfortably in Australia. I really do hope that all of you receive the great news in the near future.

See my signature for my timeline:

Edited by TunnyPR
  • Like 1
  • Congratulations 2