Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Recommended Posts

Hi all,
I've looked at this forum a number times in the past and found it really useful in getting an idea of processing times and advice on all things relating to Visas etc.....
Anyway, I thought Id add my times to contribute. Hopefully this helps someone else, will try to keep the post updated as my application progresses.
Good luck everyone 😀

  • Nominated occupation: ICT Support Engineer
  • Immigration Agent: Yes
  • Country of birth: UNITED KINGDOM (UK)
  • Stream: 186 TRT (3.5 on years 457) 
  • Applicants: 1
  • Nomination and Visa Applied: 17th Feb 2020
  • Medicals Completed: 26th Feb 2020
  • Nomination approved:🤞
  • Visa approved: -  🤞
  •  
  • IMMI Application Status: Received 

 

  • Like 1

  • Nominated occupation: ICT Support Engineer
  • Immigration Agent: Yes
  • Country of birth: UNITED KINGDOM (UK)
  • Stream: 457 -> 186 TRT (3.5 years on 457) 
  • Applicants: 1
  • Nomination and Visa Applied: 17th Feb 2020
  • Medicals Completed: 26th Feb 2020
  • Nomination approved: 🎉🍾 18th March 2020 🎉🍾
  • Visa approved: -  🎉🍾 18th March 2020 🎉🍾
  • IMMI Application Status: 🎉🍾GRANTED - 18th March 2020 🎉🍾

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stezzzle said:

Hi all,
I've looked at this forum a number times in the past and found it really useful in getting an idea of processing times and advice on all things relating to Visas etc.....
Anyway, I thought Id add my times to contribute. Hopefully this helps someone else, will try to keep the post updated as my application progresses.
Good luck everyone 😀

  • Nominated occupation: ICT Support Engineer
  • Immigration Agent: Yes
  • Country of birth: UNITED KINGDOM (UK)
  • Stream: 186 TRT (3.5 on years 457) 
  • Applicants: 1
  • Nomination and Visa Applied: 17th Feb 2020
  • Medicals Completed: 26th Feb 2020
  • Nomination approved:🤞
  • Visa approved: -  🤞
  •  
  • IMMI Application Status: Received 

 

Thanks @Stezzzle. Could I suggest you take what's important here and add it to your signature? That way people can follow your status by simply looking at your posts signature:

https://www.pomsinoz.com/settings/signature/ 


Occupation: Developer Programmer
Birth Country: SA (South Africa)
Stream: 457 > 186 TRT > Citizenship 
Number of applicants: 4 (wife + 2 children: age 1 and 3)
Visa and Nomination applied:  January 9th 2018
Nomination approved: 8th October 2018
Visa Granted: 12 November 2018

IMMI Status: Finalized (granted)

Citizenship application: 1st January 2020 
Invitation: TBC
Test Date: TBC
Approval: TBC
Ceremony: TBC

***Disclaimer***  I'm not a migration agent. When in doubt, seek advice from a professional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, 

Update on my application. I have received email from my MA regarding the approval for my nomination

. It is approved on 4th match and let's see when will I get the update on my application.

Thanks

  • Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

Visa: 186 DE

Occupation:  Software Engineer 261313

Country: IN

Nomination and Visa applied: 31Jan 2020

Nomination approved: 4th March 2020

Status on 31st Jan : received 

status on 4th March:  Initial assessment 

Medical completed on 12th March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hex said:

Thanks @Stezzzle. Could I suggest you take what's important here and add it to your signature? That way people can follow your status by simply looking at your posts signature:

https://www.pomsinoz.com/settings/signature/ 

Thanks @Hex

All done, I was literally looking to set my signature up after my first post.

Thanks 🙂 

  • Like 1

  • Nominated occupation: ICT Support Engineer
  • Immigration Agent: Yes
  • Country of birth: UNITED KINGDOM (UK)
  • Stream: 457 -> 186 TRT (3.5 years on 457) 
  • Applicants: 1
  • Nomination and Visa Applied: 17th Feb 2020
  • Medicals Completed: 26th Feb 2020
  • Nomination approved: 🎉🍾 18th March 2020 🎉🍾
  • Visa approved: -  🎉🍾 18th March 2020 🎉🍾
  • IMMI Application Status: 🎉🍾GRANTED - 18th March 2020 🎉🍾

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

I updated my signature recently.

Please have a look at my signatures and do let me know i idea that when will get response from immi department?


Restaurant Manager

Country: High Risk

First Nomination and Visa lodged on 16th April 2019 through TRT and nomination refused on 29th August reason was company can't afford for next two years.

Nomination lodged again on 16th October (Nomination Only, Not Visa)

Further documents requested on 18th February 2020. (About genuine need of this post)

Documents updated on 26th February.

No update after 26th February.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NickB89 said:

Hi all, 

Update on my application. I have received email from my MA regarding the approval for my nomination

. It is approved on 4th match and let's see when will I get the update on my application.

Thanks

Hey mate, which country you belongs to?


Restaurant Manager

Country: High Risk

First Nomination and Visa lodged on 16th April 2019 through TRT and nomination refused on 29th August reason was company can't afford for next two years.

Nomination lodged again on 16th October (Nomination Only, Not Visa)

Further documents requested on 18th February 2020. (About genuine need of this post)

Documents updated on 26th February.

No update after 26th February.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MZ_ said:

Wow! we applied and had medicals at the same dates, and same occupation, num of applicants as well. But my status is still "received" 😭. Is yours DE?

Hang in there mate would come soon

  • Like 1

Visa : 186 DE

Nomination and  Visa Applied - 24 DEC 2019

Onshore : Yes

No. of applicants : 1

Role : Developer programmer

Nomination Status - finalised

Visa Status - finalised 

date : 27th July,  both nomination and visa finalised.

Timeline sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13VVhtloa-zEvByGovryfkjkXW4HfQKjm4uo6a4OaCsM/edit?usp=drivesdk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MZ_ said:

Wow! we applied and had medicals at the same dates, and same occupation, num of applicants as well. But my status is still "received" 😭. Is yours DE?

@MZ_ What's your nominated occupation? 


  • Nominated occupation: ICT Support Engineer
  • Immigration Agent: Yes
  • Country of birth: UNITED KINGDOM (UK)
  • Stream: 457 -> 186 TRT (3.5 years on 457) 
  • Applicants: 1
  • Nomination and Visa Applied: 17th Feb 2020
  • Medicals Completed: 26th Feb 2020
  • Nomination approved: 🎉🍾 18th March 2020 🎉🍾
  • Visa approved: -  🎉🍾 18th March 2020 🎉🍾
  • IMMI Application Status: 🎉🍾GRANTED - 18th March 2020 🎉🍾

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

My both nomination and visa application were submitted at 31 Jan 2020, so far there is no update, sharing my timeline here and let us see how long it will be granted.

 


 

Visa : 186 DE

Nomination and  Visa Applied - Jan 31 2020

Medical cleared - Feb 10 2020

Onshore : Yes

Country 🇨🇳

No. of applicants : 3(2 adults, 1 kid)

Role : Developer programmer(261312)

Nomination Status - Received

Visa Status - Received

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NickB89 said:

Hi all, 

Update on my application. I have received email from my MA regarding the approval for my nomination

. It is approved on 4th match and let's see when will I get the update on my application.

Thanks

Hey mate, we applied at the same date. How big your company is?


 

Visa : 186 DE

Nomination and  Visa Applied - Jan 31 2020

Medical cleared - Feb 10 2020

Onshore : Yes

Country 🇨🇳

No. of applicants : 3(2 adults, 1 kid)

Role : Developer programmer(261312)

Nomination Status - Received

Visa Status - Received

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stezzzle said:

@MZ_ What's your nominated occupation? 

Software Engineer

  • Like 1

Stream: 186 DE
Number of applicants: 2
Visa and Nomination applied:  Jan 15 2020
Medical: Jan 23th 2020

Visa Granted: Aug 13th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, restaurant.manager said:

Hi guys,

I updated my signature recently.

Please have a look at my signatures and do let me know i idea that when will get response from immi department?

@restaurant.manager The standard advised turn-around time is ~28 days, however, as you'll know from this forum - that can fluctuate massively.

From hearing back from Immi within 1 day to many months. 

Your occupation is a high risk and unfortunately, that comes with some red tape that typically causes the department to take longer, hence, the lower grant and success rate of Chef's and restaurant managers. Your only option is to do what you've been doing - hang in there and hope for the best. Good luck! 


Occupation: Developer Programmer
Birth Country: SA (South Africa)
Stream: 457 > 186 TRT > Citizenship 
Number of applicants: 4 (wife + 2 children: age 1 and 3)
Visa and Nomination applied:  January 9th 2018
Nomination approved: 8th October 2018
Visa Granted: 12 November 2018

IMMI Status: Finalized (granted)

Citizenship application: 1st January 2020 
Invitation: TBC
Test Date: TBC
Approval: TBC
Ceremony: TBC

***Disclaimer***  I'm not a migration agent. When in doubt, seek advice from a professional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just lodged my application last month and find that everyone here are really helpful!

Anyone get granted as restaurant manager recently?

Edited by Kiwi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kiwi said:

Just lodged my application last month and find that everyone here are really helpful!

Anyone get granted as restaurant manager recently?

@Kiwi Welcome. Please update your signature with your timeline (you can see examples from many people in this forum). 
https://www.pomsinoz.com/settings/signature/  

From memory there was a restaurant manager granted just the other day, there have also been a few refusals (high risk occupation), you'll need to go back a few pages to confirm. 

Don't forget that this forum only represents a hand full of applications and hence, I wouldn't recommend you rely on this information only. 

Good luck! 

Edited by Hex

Occupation: Developer Programmer
Birth Country: SA (South Africa)
Stream: 457 > 186 TRT > Citizenship 
Number of applicants: 4 (wife + 2 children: age 1 and 3)
Visa and Nomination applied:  January 9th 2018
Nomination approved: 8th October 2018
Visa Granted: 12 November 2018

IMMI Status: Finalized (granted)

Citizenship application: 1st January 2020 
Invitation: TBC
Test Date: TBC
Approval: TBC
Ceremony: TBC

***Disclaimer***  I'm not a migration agent. When in doubt, seek advice from a professional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hex said:

@Kiwi Welcome. Please update your signature with your timeline (you can see examples from many people in this forum). 
https://www.pomsinoz.com/settings/signature/  

From memory there was a restaurant manager granted just the other day, there have also been a few refusals (high risk occupation), you'll need to go back a few pages to confirm. 

Don't forget that this forum only represents a hand full of applications and hence, I wouldn't recommend you rely on this information only. 

Good luck! 

Hi Hex,

Where can I see the list of jobs at risk? Is Software Engineer also at high risk?


Stream: 186 DE
Number of applicants: 2
Visa and Nomination applied:  Jan 15 2020
Medical: Jan 23th 2020

Visa Granted: Aug 13th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, MZ_ said:

Hi Hex,

Where can I see the list of jobs at risk? Is Software Engineer also at high risk?

@MZ_ It's always a tough list to come across, I had posted it (or something similar) a few times in this forum before, however, a long time ago. I'll look around and see if I can find a new one. 

FYI: Software Engineer was not on the high risk list last I looked (I'm a developer, so that was something  I was interested in :))

Edited by Hex
  • Like 1

Occupation: Developer Programmer
Birth Country: SA (South Africa)
Stream: 457 > 186 TRT > Citizenship 
Number of applicants: 4 (wife + 2 children: age 1 and 3)
Visa and Nomination applied:  January 9th 2018
Nomination approved: 8th October 2018
Visa Granted: 12 November 2018

IMMI Status: Finalized (granted)

Citizenship application: 1st January 2020 
Invitation: TBC
Test Date: TBC
Approval: TBC
Ceremony: TBC

***Disclaimer***  I'm not a migration agent. When in doubt, seek advice from a professional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hex said:

@MZ_ It's always a tough list to come across, I had posted it (or something similar) a few times in this forum before, however, a long time ago. I'll look around and see if I can find a new one. 

FYI: Software Engineer was not on the high risk list last I looked (I'm a developer, so that was something  I was interested in :))

Thanks Hex.


Stream: 186 DE
Number of applicants: 2
Visa and Nomination applied:  Jan 15 2020
Medical: Jan 23th 2020

Visa Granted: Aug 13th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fridays, hey! Another week of waiting. 🤦‍♂️

Would anyone care to share their unusual ways of keeping the stress at bay? eg. I have been trying out yoga. 

Is there anything that you find helpful that others may not have considered?


186DE

Visa & nomination applied: June 2019

Nomination approved: August 2019

Status: Further Assessment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

186DE Application: Do bridging visa get allocated the moment we apply or do we need to apply got bridging visa? 

What if we don't apply for bridging visa given that current visa validity is there for couple of years?

Edited by devProgrammer

Visa : 186 DE

Nomination and  Visa Applied - 24 DEC 2019

Onshore : Yes

No. of applicants : 1

Role : Developer programmer

Nomination Status - finalised

Visa Status - finalised 

date : 27th July,  both nomination and visa finalised.

Timeline sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13VVhtloa-zEvByGovryfkjkXW4HfQKjm4uo6a4OaCsM/edit?usp=drivesdk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, devProgrammer said:

186DE Application: Do bridging visa get allocated the moment we apply or do we need to apply got bridging visa? 

What if we don't apply for bridging visa given that current visa validity is there for couple of years?

I think they will grant you bridging visa automatically but they will not be valid until your current visa expire and only they your bridging visa will be valid.

  • Like 2

Occupation: Logistics manager

Stream: 186 TRT

Applicants: 2

Nomination and Visa Applied: 15 Aug 2019

Medicals Done: 9 Sep 2019

Nomination approved: 21 Jan 2020

Visa approved: 2 Mar 2020

Visa Status: Finalised

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mes said:

I think they will grant you bridging visa automatically but they will not be valid until your current visa expire and only they your bridging visa will be valid.

You need to apply for bridging visa through the 186 application bridging visa section right ?


Visa : 186 DE

Nomination and  Visa Applied - 24 DEC 2019

Onshore : Yes

No. of applicants : 1

Role : Developer programmer

Nomination Status - finalised

Visa Status - finalised 

date : 27th July,  both nomination and visa finalised.

Timeline sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13VVhtloa-zEvByGovryfkjkXW4HfQKjm4uo6a4OaCsM/edit?usp=drivesdk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Visa granted on Sunday.

Strange...

Screenshot_20200308-203116_Facebook.jpg


Restaurant Manager

Country: High Risk

First Nomination and Visa lodged on 16th April 2019 through TRT and nomination refused on 29th August reason was company can't afford for next two years.

Nomination lodged again on 16th October (Nomination Only, Not Visa)

Further documents requested on 18th February 2020. (About genuine need of this post)

Documents updated on 26th February.

No update after 26th February.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have been reading this topic for a while now. Just decided to share my timelines as well


Occupation: Accountant (general)

Nomination and Visa lodged on 23/01/20 (186 DE)

Nomination approved on 19/02/20

Further documents requested on 19/02/20. (medicals and registration/licensing proof)

Medicals submitted on 24/02/20.

Additional documents submitted on 25/02/20

Granted on 4/05/2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, just wondering if there is anyone similar to my timeline and got file opened by an CO? 

Cheers.


186 TRT

Visa Applicant: 2

Occupation: Supply and Distribution Manager

Country: Taiwan

Nomination submitted: 10 Nov 2019

Visa  submitted: 12 Nov 2019

Medical Checks Done: 13 Dec 2019

Nomination & Visa Granted: 17 Mar 2020

As we provided all the documents when lodge application, so CO didn't request any further documents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to be a bit quiet past couple of days.


Visa : 186 DE

Nomination and  Visa Applied - 24 DEC 2019

Onshore : Yes

No. of applicants : 1

Role : Developer programmer

Nomination Status - finalised

Visa Status - finalised 

date : 27th July,  both nomination and visa finalised.

Timeline sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13VVhtloa-zEvByGovryfkjkXW4HfQKjm4uo6a4OaCsM/edit?usp=drivesdk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×