Hi all,
I've looked at this forum a number times in the past and found it really useful in getting an idea of processing times and advice on all things relating to Visas etc.....
Anyway, I thought Id add my times to contribute. Hopefully this helps someone else, will try to keep the post updated as my application progresses.
Good luck everyone 😀

• Nominated occupation: ICT Support Engineer
  • Immigration Agent: Yes
  • Country of birth: UNITED KINGDOM (UK)
  • Stream: 186 TRT (3.5 on years 457) 
  • Applicants: 1
  • Nomination and Visa Applied: 17th Feb 2020
  • Medicals Completed: 26th Feb 2020
  • Nomination approved:🤞
  • Visa approved: -  🤞
  •  
  • IMMI Application Status: Received 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stezzzle said:

Hi all,
I've looked at this forum a number times in the past and found it really useful in getting an idea of processing times and advice on all things relating to Visas etc.....
Anyway, I thought Id add my times to contribute. Hopefully this helps someone else, will try to keep the post updated as my application progresses.
Good luck everyone 😀

• Nominated occupation: ICT Support Engineer
  • Immigration Agent: Yes
  • Country of birth: UNITED KINGDOM (UK)
  • Stream: 186 TRT (3.5 on years 457) 
  • Applicants: 1
  • Nomination and Visa Applied: 17th Feb 2020
  • Medicals Completed: 26th Feb 2020
  • Nomination approved:🤞
  • Visa approved: -  🤞
  •  
  • IMMI Application Status: Received 

Thanks @Stezzzle. Could I suggest you take what's important here and add it to your signature? That way people can follow your status by simply looking at your posts signature:

https://www.pomsinoz.com/settings/signature/ 

8 hours ago, NickB89 said:

Hi all, 

Update on my application. I have received email from my MA regarding the approval for my nomination

. It is approved on 4th match and let's see when will I get the update on my application.

Thanks

Hey mate, we applied at the same date. How big your company is?

18 hours ago, restaurant.manager said:

Hi guys,

I updated my signature recently.

Please have a look at my signatures and do let me know i idea that when will get response from immi department?

@restaurant.manager The standard advised turn-around time is ~28 days, however, as you'll know from this forum - that can fluctuate massively.

From hearing back from Immi within 1 day to many months. 

Your occupation is a high risk and unfortunately, that comes with some red tape that typically causes the department to take longer, hence, the lower grant and success rate of Chef's and restaurant managers. Your only option is to do what you've been doing - hang in there and hope for the best. Good luck! 

2 hours ago, Kiwi said:

Just lodged my application last month and find that everyone here are really helpful!

Anyone get granted as restaurant manager recently?

@Kiwi Welcome. Please update your signature with your timeline (you can see examples from many people in this forum). 

From memory there was a restaurant manager granted just the other day, there have also been a few refusals (high risk occupation), you'll need to go back a few pages to confirm. 

Don't forget that this forum only represents a hand full of applications and hence, I wouldn't recommend you rely on this information only. 

Good luck! 

Edited by Hex

1 hour ago, Hex said:

@Kiwi Welcome. Please update your signature with your timeline (you can see examples from many people in this forum). 

From memory there was a restaurant manager granted just the other day, there have also been a few refusals (high risk occupation), you'll need to go back a few pages to confirm. 

Don't forget that this forum only represents a hand full of applications and hence, I wouldn't recommend you rely on this information only. 

Good luck! 

Hi Hex,

Where can I see the list of jobs at risk? Is Software Engineer also at high risk?

8 minutes ago, MZ_ said:

Hi Hex,

Where can I see the list of jobs at risk? Is Software Engineer also at high risk?

@MZ_ It's always a tough list to come across, I had posted it (or something similar) a few times in this forum before, however, a long time ago. I'll look around and see if I can find a new one. 

FYI: Software Engineer was not on the high risk list last I looked (I'm a developer, so that was something  I was interested in :))

Edited by Hex
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hex said:

@MZ_ It's always a tough list to come across, I had posted it (or something similar) a few times in this forum before, however, a long time ago. I'll look around and see if I can find a new one. 

FYI: Software Engineer was not on the high risk list last I looked (I'm a developer, so that was something  I was interested in :))

Thanks Hex.

Fridays, hey! Another week of waiting. 🤦‍♂️

Would anyone care to share their unusual ways of keeping the stress at bay? eg. I have been trying out yoga. 

Is there anything that you find helpful that others may not have considered?

36 minutes ago, devProgrammer said:

186DE Application: Do bridging visa get allocated the moment we apply or do we need to apply got bridging visa? 

What if we don't apply for bridging visa given that current visa validity is there for couple of years?

I think they will grant you bridging visa automatically but they will not be valid until your current visa expire and only they your bridging visa will be valid.

• Like 2