26 minutes ago, KazBaker said:

Hex, he might be looking for paying the money instead of submitting the English language score as it is for his spouse application. If this is the case he is definitely waiting for the link where he can pay it off. 

Not sure though he might be looking for submitting the original ielts score once he has been told.

@KazBaker Ahh yeah, if that's the case then it makes perfect sense. Thanks for that

Hi,

This morning, immi department asked my employer to provide evidence that our restaurant really need me like my post is genuinely required in the restaurant.

As our restaurant is very small and our owner also work full time there.

But even i'm working from last three years in that same post.

Please guide me either it's a good symbol that they asked documentation in four months since the application lodged?

Please comment.

8 minutes ago, restaurant.manager said:

Hi,

This morning, immi department asked my employer to provide evidence that our restaurant really need me like my post is genuinely required in the restaurant.

Please guide me either it's a good symbol that they asked documentation in four months since the application lodged?

Please comment.

I cannot tell you if you can prove it or not but it is good thing they asked. They refused my nomination first time for "company didn't prove genuine need for my position" without asking anything so yes, it is good they asked. Now they have to prove it. MA should know what to do, this may be really hard without MA as restaurant manager has very high refusion rate as far as I know

Updated timelines from Immi website

186 - Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186)

Direct Entry Pathway

83 days

6 months

186 - Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186) Agreement Pathway 47 days 65 days  
186 - Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186) Transition Pathway 6 months 10 months

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, restaurant.manager said:

Hi,

Please comment.

Hi, 

how small is your restaurant? How much is the turn over?  As I know it’s better no to show your owner working there full time if restaurant is really small.  But ask your MA what kind of documents to make your case strong. I have my DE nomination refused with financial issues and now applying with TRT. Hope for the best this time 🤞

Hi everyone, been reading this forum for a while.

Just wanna share my journey.

Visa :186 TRT

Country 🇪🇺

Nomination and visa applied : 23.Oct.2019

Onshore : yes

Number of applicants : 3

Position : Fitter

Medical : 23.Dec.2019

Nomination and visa granted : 22.Feb.2020

Checked visa at 1pm today (Saturday), application showed received and than agent called me around 3pm that our visa been granted. :)))

So happy.

Good luck, hope everyone get their visa soon.

• Congratulations 5

186 granted today!

I haven't posted here for 3.5 years (when I was waiting for my 457 visa) but I've been lurking in this thread for a while!

Details below:

Stream: 186 TRT

Applicants: 2 (my citizenship Ireland, her citizenship UK)

Nomination lodged: 20 Aug 2019

Nomination approved: 23 Aug 2019

Visa application lodged: 29 Nov 2019

Medicals requested: 13 Dec 2019

Medicals completed:  30 Jan 2020

Visa approved: 24 Feb 2020

• Congratulations 3

45 minutes ago, mes said:

congrats, 2 grants from August... I start to think they just ignoring mine, they even granted my colleagues from September and haven't even opened mine

You and me on the same boat I guess 

I also have applied nomination and visa same time on 29 August nomination approved on 22 jan since there my visa status is further assessment but didn’t ask any document , wondering why immi put further assessment when they don’t need any?

Hi There!!

just a question,I have applied for 186 trt ,nomination approved last week now my spouse has to go with the ilts test or paid the second installment.

our ma said  she must score 4.5. Question Is,

its overall ? or 4.5 each component 

thanks in advance 

12 hours ago, Micgeo said:

Hi There!!

just a question,I have applied for 186 trt ,nomination approved last week now my spouse has to go with the ilts test or paid the second installment.

our ma said  she must score 4.5. Question Is,

its overall ? or 4.5 each component 

thanks in advance 

It’s overall 

Hi all,

I just lodged my 186 TRT application and holding  bridging visa A now. At the same time, I've applied for Medicare.

Does anyone know that after received Medicare, is that still necessary to keep the private health insurance to meet the 457 visa requirement?

11 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Hi all,

I just lodged my 186 TRT application and holding  bridging visa A now. At the same time, I've applied for Medicare.

Does anyone know that after received Medicare, is that still necessary to keep the private health insurance to meet the 457 visa requirement?

You don't need any private health insurance anymore.

1 minute ago, Hari_999 said:

13 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Hi all,

My MA told me to keep my private insurance to still meet 457 requirements.

So at this moment, I have medicare and private insurance (bupa)

Hi all been a silent reader for a while but I’ve just received the golden email 🎉

Stream: 186 TRT

Applicants: 2 (Both from UK)

Nomination and Visa Applied: 25th October 2019

Medicals Done: 4th November 2019

Nomination approved: 25th February 2020

Visa Status: Finalised 

• Congratulations 1

18 hours ago, Kiwi said:

Hi all,

Depends which country you are from and if that country has a reciprocal agreement with Australia. If you are from the UK then you don’t need private health insurance, however you will only be treated for medically necessary care. If you have medical issues it would be wise to look into it more, if not, you can take your chances. Presumably your country has a reciprocal agreement as you have been issued a Medicare card. 

19 hours ago, Micgeo said:

Thanks for your answer

but Many people saying each component others saying overall score.

very Confusing

@Micgeo My understanding on this is that you need a 4.5 in each module. 

My wife had a similar requirement (needed 8's in academic test - she's a teacher), and she did it a few times because 8's were needed in EACH section (not overall, which she had a few times). 

19 hours ago, Hari_999 said:

@Hari_999 This post really isn't helpful as you're missing some crucial information on this area. 

@Kiwi This topic has been discussed at length in earlier posts (you'd have to go back a while to find them) however, to touch briefly on it;

- Legally you don't need to have private medical once you've lodged for PR, however;

1. Should something happen to your application and it gets refused / rejected, you would not be under the legal requirements of being in the country (you legally need to have private medical on a 457). I'm not sure on the repercussions on this, personally, I wouldn't risk it.

2. Without a private medical and depending on your income and a few other criteria, you may be liable for medicare "loading" which after time could add up to lots of money and bite you later on. There's lots of information on this online, a quick Google gave me this (disclaimer, I've not read through it completely): https://www.privatehealth.gov.au/health_insurance/surcharges_incentives/lifetime_health_cover.htm 

I wouldn't take this decision lightly and do some in-depth research on same before making the call (including speaking with my MA / asking for the facts and also go through older posts here). 

Hope that helps.