27 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Hi all,

I'm going to lodge my 186 visa application soon and hope to get some help here 🙂

My agent is requesting my employer to pay the training benchmark fee for the period when I'm holding 457 visa before the new SAF levy implemented (12/08/2018) in order to meet the SBS obligation.

However, my employer check with another agent  and they insisted that employer do not have to pay for the training benchmark fee for that period even though the SAF levy wasn't implement yet and what they need to do is just pay the SAF when I lodge my 186 visa application and nomination. 

I really want to get everything right for my application but I am so confusing with that.

Do my employer need to pay the training benchmark for the time that I on my 457 to avoid nomination refuse?

Anyone have the same situation before? Please give me some advices. Thank you.

Yes definitely he needs to pay 

thank you. 
mints nearly 3400

34 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Hi all,

I'm going to lodge my 186 visa application soon and hope to get some help here 🙂

My agent is requesting my employer to pay the training benchmark fee for the period when I'm holding 457 visa before the new SAF levy implemented (12/08/2018) in order to meet the SBS obligation.

However, my employer check with another agent  and they insisted that employer do not have to pay for the training benchmark fee for that period even though the SAF levy wasn't implement yet and what they need to do is just pay the SAF when I lodge my 186 visa application and nomination. 

I really want to get everything right for my application but I am so confusing with that.

Do my employer need to pay the training benchmark for the time that I on my 457 to avoid nomination refuse?

Anyone have the same situation before? Please give me some advices. Thank you.

It's better to pay, cause CO could reject the application even on very silly reason.

BTW, I have a question. Why do others do not provide Heath Assessment result right after submitting the application? I was requested by my MA to have the health assessment as soon as he submitted my application. Is it something that is requested by CO or does it really come after app submission? Just curious.

11 hours ago, there said:

BTW, I have a question. Why do others do not provide Heath Assessment result right after submitting the application? I was requested by my MA to have the health assessment as soon as he submitted my application. Is it something that is requested by CO or does it really come after app submission? Just curious.

With mine, the est wait time was more than a year. So if you get medical straight away, it will expire. Better to wait until you think it's less than a year til visa grant.

Now all 186 wait times are less than a year, it makes sense to get a medical straight away.

14 hours ago, M A Z said:

Hi,

So far I know that if your docus are received that day will be shown in the Immi Acct. 

It is when you open Immi Account, in the middle of page find the heading "Last Update". This is the date when dept last received your docus.

However, others to confirm this. 

Hi M A Z,

yeah, the "last update" field was still 17th Jan, but last night my MA reviewed the Visa & nomination and now the system shows las update 10th Feb and both status changed to Further Assessment. 😃

186 DE (I have been previously working with the 485 postgraduate visa for 2ys in this company, MSA positive by EA in Oct 2019, EA membership member grade in Jan 2020)

Nomination & Visa Applied: 27 Nov 2019

s56 Required additional information for Visa application: 17 Jan 2020 --> Status changed to Initial assessment

S56 Required additional information for Nomination application: 21 Jan 2020 --> Status changed to Initial assessment

Additional docs submitted: 07 Feb 2020

Visa status: Further Assessment (since 10th feb 2020)

Nomination status: Further Assessment (since 10th feb 2020)

Hi Guys,
I have been a silent reader for a while but today i wan to share our good news with you.
We have received our golden email today at 3:00 pm !!! 🙂

Nomination and Visa lodged on 30th September 2019 through TRT from 457 (before 18th April 2017)

Applicants: 2

Medicals Cleared: 10th October 2019

Nomination approved and Visa granted: 11th February 2020.

Thank you all for sharing your experience, information and ideas.
Good Luck Guys. Your Visa is coming 🙂

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 3

Hello everyone, i'm reading all of you everyday waiting for my PR but today is not with happiness i m writing to all of you.

I need your help and your advice.

I've been working really hard as a chef for the last 3 years for a company who shut down very recently. Never a sick day, never late, anyway

I'am or I was with them on the 457 before april 2017.

I applied for my 186 Transition pathway the 1 November 2019 and waiting for a decision.

My question is

Do my bridging visa A from PR is kicking in because they stop/cancel my 457 (close the business)? And i have the right to work everywhere

Or do i have to transfer my sponsorship? but in this way do i have to reapply for my PR as the nominated business will not be the same.

I'm completely lost and very confuse. Scared to call the immigration as well, don't know what to do....

If anyone went through the same situation could you please answer.

My lawyer is telling me to transfer my sponsor and i got 60 days to do so but need to pay again and find one of course.

Any advice during this hard time is very appreciated. So close.... 😖

31 minutes ago, cramtolum said:

Hello everyone, i'm reading all of you everyday waiting for my PR but today is not with happiness i m writing to all of you.

I've been working really hard as a chef for the last 3 years for a company who shut down very recently. Never a sick day, never late, anyway

I applied for my 186 Transition pathway the 1 November 2019 and waiting for a decision.

My question is

Do my bridging visa A from PR is kicking in because they stop/cancel my 457 (close the business)? And i have the right to work everywhere

Or do i have to transfer my sponsorship? but in this way do i have to reapply for my PR as the nominated business will not be the same.

I'm completely lost and very confuse. Scared to call the immigration as well, don't know what to do....

My lawyer is telling me to transfer my sponsor and i got 60 days to do so but need to pay again and find one of course.

As your former company is the one who has nominated you for visa 186, there is no way CO will not be able to know that the company has closed already. One of the requirements for the nomination is for the company to prove their stability and income but in your case, the company has closed totally. I’m afraid your chance for 186 is very low due to the said closure and that the nomination will be rejected in the first place. Listen to your lawyer. He knows better. I agree that your visa needs to be transferred to any company who is willing to hire you or to nominate you for visa 186.

6 minutes ago, there said:

As your former company is the one who has nominated you for visa 186, there is no way CO will not be able to know that the company has closed already. One of the requirements for the nomination is for the company to prove their stability and income but in your case, the company has closed totally. I’m afraid your chance for 186 is very low due to the said closure and that the nomination will be rejected in the first place. Listen to your lawyer. He knows better. I agree that your visa needs to be transferred to any company who is willing to hire you or to nominate you for visa 186.

Thanks for your answer. 

Does it mean i lost the money about the visa (186) and i need to start everything again?

Better to withdrawal the application?

1 minute ago, cramtolum said:

Thanks for your answer. 

Does it mean i lost the money about the visa (186) and i need to start everything again?

Better to withdrawal the application?

Yes and yes.

Withdrawal of the application is, I think, the best option now. Also, the result of your current application may possibly affect future applications. Again, you should consult your lawyer. Ask him about all legal options. All the best!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cramtolum said:

My question is

Sorry to hear that ! if business close down already either you or company should inform department immediately " changes of circumstances " to avoid any legal actions by department.

secondly brother, you have to do all over again or check some other options for PR. 

On 10/02/2020 at 21:21, there said:

Let the CO ask you to get Medical .. it will meant you already more than half way through.  If you do prior may be get expire.

On 10/02/2020 at 21:21, there said:

@there This really is dependent on the applicant and the strength of the case. 

A few months ago, MA's were telling applicants to wait before getting medicals because a medical is only valid for 1 year and cases were taking longer than that. That meant lots of people were having to do more than one medical (typically on the request of the CO's due to expired medicals). Now really, I think (in most cases) you'd be OK do it sooner, especially if you're working with an accredited company / MA (these cases are taking ±3-4 months for approval). 

I have a friend who's in the process (with an accredited company) and was told do to the medical immediately on lodgement as they expect a CO to review the application within the month.

- If they don't, the CO will request it and hence, cause additional delay (which is what everyone is trying to avoid). 

So really it comes down to the application and cost for the applicant. If you can afford a 2nd one (risk an expiry), then do it immediately, alternatively you could wait ±3 months before doing it (it's all guess work as to when the CO will open your case). 

When in doubt, follow the advise from your MA 🙂 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cramtolum said:

My question is

@cramtolum I'm sorry to hear this - especially after 3 years of hard work. 

I'm afraid, as the others have mentioned, you'll need to withdrawn your application and either

a) find a sponsor to take over your existing 457 or
b) find a new sponsor for what would likely need to be a 482 visa. 

In saying that, you would also only have 60 days for doing this as your current visa is no longer active (from when the company closed officially). 

Sounds like a real tough situation and I wish you all the best. I think a long chat with a good MA / lawyer is needed! 

Keep us posted and let us know how you go. 

14 hours ago, cramtolum said:

My question is

So sorry to hear about this - what a horrible situation for you. I hope you can find a new sponsor 🍀

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

So sorry to hear about this - what a horrible situation for you. I hope you can find a new sponsor 🍀

@cramtolumhi I am not 100%sure but I think you can get skill assessment and apply some state sponsorship as a chef. 

Once you get that withdraw your 186application.

But please double check with MA 

Hi All,

Joined in recently, got couple of  question for DE application

1.Is there any field which would ask if the applicant inside or outside Australia? If yes

2.where is that (nomination / visa application )?

3. Would it impact timeline if the Applicant is outside Australia.

4. And what would be a better option when the application is submitted when outside Australia (filling in as outside Australia for above field) and coming to Australia after some time, would it be better to update to inside Australia in application?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, NickB89 said:

whats the average wait time for nomination approval?
186DE , nomination, and application lodge 31st Jan 2020

Hi Nick, 

I am a Registered Migration Agent with Fair Go Visa Consultants. 

The average wait times are 5 to 6 months. They are usually pretty similar to the wait times for the Visa Application themselves as they are usually granted pretty quickly, one after the other. 

However, these are averages only and the processing time will depend on your individual circumstances. 

Migration Agent Registration Number: 1910034

info@fairgovisa.com.au

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marcus De Witt Ryall said:

The average wait times are 5 to 6 months. They are usually pretty similar to the wait times for the Visa Application themselves as they are usually granted pretty quickly, one after the other. 

@NickB89

Bear in mind there are plenty of cases where this is not true, ie. nomination and visa do not have similar wait times and are not granted together. I had previously been led to believe this was true also, but found out the hard way that's not how it works!

• Like 1