2 hours ago, Prlife said:

I got my pr last week through 186 ENS TRT stream as a cook.my question is can i leave the job.can some please provide me genuine and possible answer.thanks

Congratulations .. Please share your details. ... Date of application, nomination approval ? Visa grant ? Appreciate. Thanks.

8 hours ago, Prlife said:

I got my pr last week through 186 ENS TRT stream as a cook.my question is can i leave the job.can some please provide me genuine and possible answer.thanks

@Prlife Questions like this, so soon after receiving PR always make me concerned and wonder what the real motivation behind the visa was. 

To answer your question: There is nothing legal that says you cannot leave your job once the visa is approved, on the basis that everything is above board and the employers don't have an issue with it. 

- If your employers have an issue with it and lodged a complaint with the department, stating that you never had intentions of staying with them once approved then your case will be investigated and your visa can be overturned (from memory, there was one person this happened to on this forum). 

- If however, you and your employer are happy for you to resign and move on, then yes - you'd be able to do this without any repercussions from the department. It's only when your sponsor has an issue with it, do they have an option to open a case. 

Personally, knowing that a company has gone through the effort in sponsoring you and spending the time and effort in doing the same, I think it's only fair to "pay back the gratitude" by sticking it through, at least until there's an issue or you guys can leave amicably. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 16/11/2019 at 21:17, Alex Li said:

State: VIC

Birth Country: CHINA

Stream: 186 DE

Number of applicants: 3 (2 adults + kid)

Visa & Nomination applied 14/10/2018

Nomination approved 23/10/2019

Visa grant: waiting

Hi guys, after 7 weeks waiting my PR has finally been approved. The grant email is the best gift I ever received! Best wishes to everyone who still waiting here! Your golden email will come soon!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

Hey everyone!

While I'm waiting and reading through all of the visas being approved, I have a question.

I applied for my 186 TRT Visa & Nomination on 13/09/19. Medicals were submitted 1 week later.

I'm seeing people who applied after me, receive their nomination approval or full visa approval.

Does anyone have any insight as to why this is? Why is Immigration approving nominations and visas for people that applied at a later date while other applicants are waiting much longer? I've only been waiting 2 or so months, which is nothing compared to most people, so I'm very curious.

There clearly is no 'queue' system in place.

Do they favour certains countries, professions, industries etc? What do we think are the key factors in 'who's next'?

I really do hope it's not just as simple as 'whoever is on my desk is next' kinda of scenario.

PS. I'm not throwing shade on those people who've been approved who applied after me, I'm just curious.

Cheers 🙂

24 minutes ago, TunnyPR said:

Hey everyone!

While I'm waiting and reading through all of the visas being approved, I have a question.

I applied for my 186 TRT Visa & Nomination on 13/09/19. Medicals were submitted 1 week later.

I'm seeing people who applied after me, receive their nomination approval or full visa approval.

Does anyone have any insight as to why this is? Why is Immigration approving nominations and visas for people that applied at a later date while other applicants are waiting much longer? I've only been waiting 2 or so months, which is nothing compared to most people, so I'm very curious.

There clearly is no 'queue' system in place.

Do they favour certains countries, professions, industries etc? What do we think are the key factors in 'who's next'?

I really do hope it's not just as simple as 'whoever is on my desk is next' kinda of scenario.

PS. I'm not throwing shade on those people who've been approved who applied after me, I'm just curious.

Cheers 🙂

Don't worry, I applied on 15/8/19 and still nothing.

There is no official info how they queue applications but in general it is somehow by date with additional criteria such as:

- is job position really needed? (for example you can see lot of IT positions finalized pretty quick)

- is sponsor accredited?

- how big the company is?

I am of course just guessing but I am pretty sure there are some internal rules for this. There are people who get it in 10 days and people who get it in a year... without knowing their rules it might seem random

• Like 1

We applied our 186 on 21st March 2019 was asked to provide s56 on 24th July.provided our ielts, police clearence and AFP. We got our nominations approved on 30th of November but on immi account we can’t see nomination has been approved? Bit weird? 

We used reputed migration agent. We submitted our medical long time ago.

we are still waiting for the big news which is driving us anxious. 

My husband is the main applicant and submitted 5 years of English based study instead of IELTS. Just hoping that’s not the reason for getting delayed for the big news. 

Pls shed some light 🤔🤔

10 minutes ago, GElms said:

We applied our 186 on 21st March 2019 was asked to provide s56 on 24th July.provided our ielts, police clearence and AFP. We got our nominations approved on 30th of November but on immi account we can’t see nomination has been approved? Bit weird? 

My husband is the main applicant and submitted 5 years of English based study instead of IELTS. Just hoping that’s not the reason for getting delayed for the big news. 

Pls shed some light 🤔🤔

It won't be the reason for delay, but it most likely will be one of the contributors to not being fast-tracked. It's anecdotally been shown time and agin that a "superior english" points claim through IELTS or PTE usually results in a quicker process. It could just be a coincidence but the correlation is large

• Thanks 1

Is it normal that immi account hasn’t been updated since 24th July when we were asked to provide s56? 

As I can still see the “I confirm to have submitted all the required documents” is still enabled? The case officer who asked for further documents on 24th July and the one who approved Nomination are different? My understanding was you are allocated one case officer till the decision has been made? 

Our agent forwarded us the nomination approved email. I hope I am not overly thinking. Pic for reference 

Pls shed some light 🤔🤔

E2C12234-29C1-495D-A49D-287D3BE23628.png

21 minutes ago, cyberteonixxxxx said:

Can you see nomination approval on immi account? I had my nomination approved according to my MA but not sure if this can be seen anywhere or somehow linked to the visa application. My nomination was submitted after I lodged the visa. Just thinking that it may got lost somewhere and not linked at all.

That's not possible. You have to lodge nomination first because you need the nomination number to lodge visa application. I don't think you can see nomination status in your immi account anyway

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mes said:

That's not possible. You have to lodge nomination first because you need the nomination number to lodge visa application. I don't think you can see nomination status in your immi account anyway

So i guess they lodged both at the same time. Had the nomination approved but visa didnt get assessed at the same time. Thanks.

12 minutes ago, cyberteonixxxxx said:

So i guess they lodged both at the same time. Had the nomination approved but visa didnt get assessed at the same time. Thanks.

I've noticed it's quite common recently that they are not assessing nomination and visa at the same time. I've got my nomination approved a week ago and no news/requested documents for a visa :).

4 hours ago, mes said:

you are very correct. In the very beginning of Visa form 186, you have to refer the Nomination Approval Number. So, to my understanding your application will remain incomplete if Nomination reference number not given. 

Stream: 186 TRT

Applicants: 1

Visa & Nomination : 29 Jun 2019

Nomintaion Approved: 29 Oct 2019

Medicals: 7 Nov 2019

Further Documents: Police record uploaded: 25 Nov 2019

Visa Status: GRANTED 29 Nov 2019

It took only 6 months I'm pretty stoked!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 2

3 hours ago, floxia said:

Anyway, target achieved, 

heartiest congratulations!!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, M A Z said:

you are very correct. In the very beginning of Visa form 186, you have to refer the Nomination Approval Number. So, to my understanding your application will remain incomplete if Nomination reference number not given. 

The nomination approval letter is only sent to the employer, not to the employee and it doesn't show on immiaccount as well.  However, once it is approved, the MA is required to send a copy to the employee as per law.

• Like 1

On 29/11/2019 at 10:56, cyberteonixxxxx said:

Can you see nomination approval on immi account? I had my nomination approved according to my MA but not sure if this can be seen anywhere or somehow linked to the visa application. My nomination was submitted after I lodged the visa. Just thinking that it may got lost somewhere and not linked at all.

The nomination approval letter is only sent to the employer, not to the employee and it doesn't show on immiaccount as well.  However, once it is approved, the MA is required to send a copy to the employee as per law. Call your MA, they will give you a copy.

But nomination is applied BEFORE the Visa, not after.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, floxia said:

Congratulations

• Congratulations 1

37 minutes ago, NickB89 said:

Hi all, whats the current timeline for 186 DE for the software engineer stream?

is there any website or portal to track the processing time where people are sharing their timelines.

There is a spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1INy6sxuUIisgLOT7CcskWLjQjHV_6yVvUBRHceWE_a0/edit#gid=1360330206 but it is not much updated lately but you can get some idea.

Edited by mes
  • Like 1

Hello friends, I have one question I am living in regional area from last two years, having 4 years of experience as chef. I got a sponsor in regional area can I apply 186 visa from regional restaurant and I haven't worked with this restaurant.

or

The restaurant should be in metropolitan area only to apply for 186 visa? Please help me. 

Thank you.