19 hours ago, Dkumar93 said:

Hi guys ,I am new here , I have applied 186 trt as a Restaurant manager 

anyone got PR as a Restaurant manager recently??

thank you 

@Dkumar93 Welcome to the group. 

Being in what immi call a "high risk" occupation, the timelines do jump for Restaurant managers. Here's hoping yours is quicker than others. 

Best thing to do is not set any expectations and do not compare your application to anyone else's. 

7 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Dkumar93 Welcome to the group. 

Being in what immi call a "high risk" occupation, the timelines do jump for Restaurant managers. Here's hoping yours is quicker than others. 

Best thing to do is not set any expectations and do not compare your application to anyone else's. 

Is there a list anywhere of what occupations would be considered high risk?

16 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Is there a list anywhere of what occupations would be considered high risk?

@Swoop This list is never easy to find, they deliberately bury it deep in the web. 

To answer your question, no - i don't know the link or have it off-hand. If I spend some time, I could possibly find an official one but yeah, from experience, I know a few occupations (from the past), that are on that list;

- namely: Cooks / Chefs, Restaurant managers, some accountants and a bunch of others. 

Edited by Hex

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Swoop This list is never easy to find, they deliberately bury it deep in the web. 

To answer your question, no - i don't know the link or have it off-hand. If I spend some time, I could possibly find an official one but yeah, from experience, I know a few occupations (from the past), that are on that list;

- namely: Cooks / Chefs, Restaurant managers, some accountants and a bunch of others. 

Eek! "Some" accountants? Which ones are high risk 😨

26 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Eek! "Some" accountants? Which ones are high risk 😨

@Swoop From memory, it was the "general accountant" and only recently due to the high amount of people coming in on same. 

- This is also why the points for this occupation (on the 190) have changed (increased). 

Thank you! 

I asked my MA whether General Accountants would take longer for this exact reason, because it's a pro rated occupation, and nigh on impossible to get a 189/190... MA said no, it doesn't make a difference. 

The lack of info regarding visa rules is so frustrating.

Hi Guys, Im a silent reader of this forum. i want to share my ENS 186 experience which is very upsetting. i have applied for my ENS 186 (Nomination and Visa)  in May 2017 as Customer Service Manager. i genuinely worked extreme hard for this company (its kind of company which provide service to client who intending to import or export and logistics) , my nomination refused in Nov 2018 due to training Benchmarks same with my colleague who is working as ICT support officer, disturbingly our both nomination refused on same day, same reason and same case officer. Leaving us with no choice then applying for AAT through one of the known Barrister. We are still waiting on our hearing since Nov 2018 and its very frustrating and anxious. is anyone in this forum on same boat or someone can advise have they been through AAT on same senarion.

cheers 

MSA

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, msacfs said:

Hi Guys, Im a silent reader of this forum. i want to share my ENS 186 experience which is very upsetting. i have applied for my ENS 186 (Nomination and Visa)  in May 2017 as Customer Service Manager. i genuinely worked extreme hard for this company (its kind of company which provide service to client who intending to import or export and logistics) , my nomination refused in Nov 2018 due to training Benchmarks same with my colleague who is working as ICT support officer, disturbingly our both nomination refused on same day, same reason and same case officer. Leaving us with no choice then applying for AAT through one of the known Barrister. We are still waiting on our hearing since Nov 2018 and its very frustrating and anxious. is anyone in this forum on same boat or someone can advise have they been through AAT on same senarion.

cheers 

MSA

Hi mate, sorry but AAT waiting period is over 2 years at the momet... relax and keep waiting 🙂

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

I need your humble opinion.

I applied my nomination only as a TRT on 16th October 2019. Now i come to know that my restaurant comes in the regional area now.

I can see on my previous nomination application it shows 186 TRT Non-regional.

I would like to ask, should i have to apply again as a new application as a regional or continue wait of this current application?

(I know, it'll cost me a lot of money.)

Please guide me.

Thanks

• Like 1

Dear all,

I have been a silent reader for some time and this group has been a great source of information and support.

Happy to report that we got our golden email on Thursday 21st November!

The process took about 5 months from start to end.

Timeline and information below:

Role: Carpenter

Application: 186 DE - applicant plus partner

Nomination and visa lodgement date: 18th June 2019 (lodged together with medicals and all police checks)

Request for information (about company) : 18th October 2019

Response submitted: 4th November 2019

Approval of Nomination and visa together: 21st November 2019

We are so happy! Hosting a BBQ today with our family to celebrate!

I am always so sad today to log on and see those struggling with the appeals and rejections. All I can say is that from reading these updates for a long time - keep at it, you will find a way and it will be worth it. We had a messy road to get here too - my partner was sponsored for years with his previous employer and after over 20 years of operation they closed down to move back to Europe just as his 186 TRT process was starting with our agent (obviously we couldn't progress), which was heartbreaking after all that time. We were so so stressed - finding a new sponsor, not long left on current visas etc. He moved to a new employer and then found out about the DE route. Huge relief. 

Keep the faith - your Golden day will come. 

• Congratulations 4

Hi All,

My Employer is going to apply for 186 DE for me. I got TSS 482 approved in May 2019 and for that I got PCC and health checkup done.

Please let me know if I need to get PCC and health checkup again if I lodge 186 DE application before May 2020. I checked with my agent and they said health exam done for 482 was different and for 186 it will be different. My concern is that my wife is pregnant and if the health examination for 186 requires medical done for my wife then she won't be able to get the  x-ray done.

Kindly suggest from your experience.

State: VIC
Birth Country: IN
Stream: 482> 186 DE
Number of applicants: 2 (wife)
Visa and Nomination applied:  soon
Nomination approved: soon
Visa Granted: 
IMMI Status: 

On 23/11/2019 at 12:11, carpenter19 said:

Dear all,

I have been a silent reader for some time and this group has been a great source of information and support.

Happy to report that we got our golden email on Thursday 21st November!

The process took about 5 months from start to end.

Timeline and information below:

Role: Carpenter

Application: 186 DE - applicant plus partner

Nomination and visa lodgement date: 18th June 2019 (lodged together with medicals and all police checks)

Request for information (about company) : 18th October 2019

Response submitted: 4th November 2019

Approval of Nomination and visa together: 21st November 2019

We are so happy! Hosting a BBQ today with our family to celebrate!

I am always so sad today to log on and see those struggling with the appeals and rejections. All I can say is that from reading these updates for a long time - keep at it, you will find a way and it will be worth it. We had a messy road to get here too - my partner was sponsored for years with his previous employer and after over 20 years of operation they closed down to move back to Europe just as his 186 TRT process was starting with our agent (obviously we couldn't progress), which was heartbreaking after all that time. We were so so stressed - finding a new sponsor, not long left on current visas etc. He moved to a new employer and then found out about the DE route. Huge relief. 

Keep the faith - your Golden day will come. 

You've been through a lot. Congratulations in the end 🎉🎊. Cheers

• Haha 1

On 23/11/2019 at 13:06, NickB89 said:

Hi All,

My Employer is going to apply for 186 DE for me. I got TSS 482 approved in May 2019 and for that I got PCC and health checkup done.

Please let me know if I need to get PCC and health checkup again if I lodge 186 DE application before May 2020. I checked with my agent and they said health exam done for 482 was different and for 186 it will be different. My concern is that my wife is pregnant and if the health examination for 186 requires medical done for my wife then she won't be able to get the  x-ray done.

Kindly suggest from your experience.

State: VIC
Birth Country: IN
Stream: 482> 186 DE
Number of applicants: 2 (wife)
Visa and Nomination applied:  soon
Nomination approved: soon
Visa Granted: 
IMMI Status: 

PCC is valid for one year. For medical, please check with your MA or BUPA. All the best.

• Congratulations 1

30 minutes ago, cyberteonixxxxx said:

Hello, new here. I had my visa lodged about a month ago. My MA told me that my nomination was already approved two weeks ago. Can anyone advise what the usual turn around for the grant to be approved after the nomination approval?

It depends whether your nomination and visa are being assessed together. There is no way to know but to wait.

If yes, lucky you! That seems to be anything from immediate decision up to a couple of weeks (longer if they have to request more documents).

If they are assessed separately, there is no "usual" turn around. Some are quick (weeks), some are in excess of 6 months from the look of it, and I think a few can even take much longer than that. If you check the spreadsheet you will see some examples of different waiting times between nomination and visa decision.

I would recommend not stressing out about it! My nomination was approved back in August, so I thought that meant the visa would be decided soon... but here I am, still waiting ☹️

On 22/11/2019 at 17:11, msacfs said:

cheers 

MSA

Hey MSA, As a person who has gone through MRT which was previous to AAT I can advise you the wait is crucial and the result can be harsh aswell. please do ensure that you do have a fighting chance. If there is problems with your training benchmarks, if your employer failed to do his job or it is not a resonable reason, then it is very likely that your case will fail. This is from my experience and opinion. trying using the time you have to find another employer and try again because currently 186 is 6 to 12 months whereas AAT is like 2 years wait. you dont want to wait that long only to be rejected.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

It depends whether your nomination and visa are being assessed together. There is no way to know but to wait.

If yes, lucky you! That seems to be anything from immediate decision up to a couple of weeks (longer if they have to request more documents).

If they are assessed separately, there is no "usual" turn around. Some are quick (weeks), some are in excess of 6 months from the look of it, and I think a few can even take much longer than that. If you check the spreadsheet you will see some examples of different waiting times between nomination and visa decision.

I would recommend not stressing out about it! My nomination was approved back in August, so I thought that meant the visa would be decided soon... but here I am, still waiting ☹️

Thanks Swoop! My MA was prompt to lodge the visa application as soon as I completed the documents they were asking but the nomination was submitted, I guess,  few days after because the person in charge in our company was away for holidays. Good luck to all of us waiting for the golden email.

12 minutes ago, cyberteonixxxxx said:

Thanks Swoop! My MA was prompt to lodge the visa application as soon as I completed the documents they were asking but the nomination was submitted, I guess,  few days after because the person in charge in our company was away for holidays. Good luck to all of us waiting for the golden email.

I'm just concern that the skill i'm transitioning for is no longer on the skilled list. I'm on 457 which got approved prior to April 2017 transitioning to PR. My MA said that it should be fine as long as the employer is willing to sponsor.

I am so happy everyone! I just got my golden email only 8 weeks after we applied!!! Good Luck to everyone! I have been waiting for this day for 3.5 years and it feels amazing! thank you everyone for all the information and keeping me staying positive throughout my time here!!

Timeline: Nomination and Application: 26th September

Medicals completed 4th October

s56 police check for partner  - 26th October

Uploaded Police Check - 8th November

Visa Granted - 25th November

• Congratulations 2

Congrats Kantaangus mine is similar timeline to yours, hoping to get the email soon!!! 

4 minutes ago, kataangus said:

I am so happy everyone! I just got my golden email only 8 weeks after we applied!!! Good Luck to everyone! I have been waiting for this day for 3.5 years and it feels amazing! thank you everyone for all the information and keeping me staying positive throughout my time here!!

Timeline: Nomination and Application: 26th September

Medicals completed 4th October

s56 police check for partner  - 26th October

Uploaded Police Check - 8th November

Visa Granted - 25th November