13 hours ago, Tapas said:

Hi Guys 

I have a query - can I apply for 189 or 190 EOI (and then a visa) in parallel to 186 that is under processing? While the question sounds weird but I just want to know what are the repurcussions of doing it - if any? With processing times extremely unpredictable; does betting on two horses instead of one help in any way? And firstly, is it even allowed?

Yes, you can apply for multiple visas at a time.  Whichever is granted first would be replaced by the visa granted second so you can decide whether you withdraw the second application after the first visa is granted.

14 hours ago, Tapas said:

Hi Guys 

I have a query - can I apply for 189 or 190 EOI (and then a visa) in parallel to 186 that is under processing? While the question sounds weird but I just want to know what are the repurcussions of doing it - if any? With processing times extremely unpredictable; does betting on two horses instead of one help in any way? And firstly, is it even allowed?

@Tapas Yes you can apply for multiple visas at the same time;

Pros: 
- You have as you say "multiple horses running the same race"
- One may be acted on (department depending) before the other

Cons: 
- It'll add cost as you'll have to pay for each visa application made (none of which would be refundable, regardless of what happens anywhere)
- If one gets granted, you need to IMMEDIATELY retract any other applications. As the latest grant / refusal takes preference (meaning, if you have a 2 visa applications running at the same time and one is approved, then 1 month later another is approved (tourist for example), then your PR (which was granted a month ago) is lost and you're immediately updated to be a tourist. 

In short, doing what you want is completely fine and do-able (I did the same thing). However, comes with additional cost (high) needs management. 

26 minutes ago, Milan SERBIA said:

Is that mean if your company showing loss in business for the last financial year you nomination will be most likely refused or what?

Pls explain if you know I would much appreciate 

@Milan SERBIA Not in all cases, as long as there's evidence to support the situation(s).

My suggestion would be (if there are losses shown), to ask your accountant to include any supporting documents to your application (you can give them to your MA).
- These documents can contain an explanation as to the loss and reassurance (with proof), of how this has not affected the company / financial aspect of same. 

Also - when in doubt, ask your MA for advise - they would likely have much more experience on this. 

Some one ask me above which one you apply So I apply TRT but my company in loss so I wanted to ask anyone nominate been approved while company in loss ? 

My MA also attached accountant supportive letter that company is back to profit due to some reason it was in loss past years 

so Am worried about my nomination 

I am new here. My visa status shows initial assessment and requested more info for health assessment. We did the health check last Thursday, Sep 5th. Do I need to click the button 'information provided' when clinic submitted all the check results for us? what does it mean by ' Not clicking the 'Information Provided' button in no way lengthens or overrides the period specified in the correspondence'. Does it mean no matter I click the button or not, they would assess only after 28 days as specified in the letter? The status of health check are all submitted for my family, but my child shows ' Examinations ready for assessment – no action required '  'The required health examinations have been completed and submitted by the panel clinic to the department. This person's case will be processed or referred to the department's migration medical services provider, Bupa Medical Visa Services, for further assessment.' Does it mean his health is not passed? 

Question

the co asked us more info and we provided to her 

now I checked my online application and the status is still “received” and the last update is on February when we have them the medicals check..is that normal that nothing has changed considering that we provided them the documents they asked us ?

7 minutes ago, Sere said:

Question

now I checked my online application and the status is still “received” and the last update is on February when we have them the medicals check..is that normal that nothing has changed considering that we provided them the documents they asked us ?

Sorry I am asking a question here but where do you check the status of your application?

19 minutes ago, Sere said:

Question

Often after submitting the required docs, they look at them within 4 weeks. However, there are cases they do take longer. Why? No one knows... Just have to hang in there!

1 hour ago, Worried Mummy said:

I am new here. My visa status shows initial assessment and requested more info for health assessment. We did the health check last Thursday, Sep 5th. Do I need to click the button 'information provided' when clinic submitted all the check results for us? what does it mean by ' Not clicking the 'Information Provided' button in no way lengthens or overrides the period specified in the correspondence'. Does it mean no matter I click the button or not, they would assess only after 28 days as specified in the letter? The status of health check are all submitted for my family, but my child shows ' Examinations ready for assessment – no action required '  'The required health examinations have been completed and submitted by the panel clinic to the department. This person's case will be processed or referred to the department's migration medical services provider, Bupa Medical Visa Services, for further assessment.' Does it mean his health is not passed? 

@Worried Mummy Nope, it wouldn't speed anything up - they provide a turn around time of 28 days and this can (sometimes) be followed, however, is typically not an accurate indicator. 
- Some requests take 30-40 days on average, others have ballooned out to past a few months. 

Unfortunately, nothing you can do but hold on and try enjoy the ride. The wait gets to everyone, so don't worry - you're not alone.

On 10/09/2019 at 14:40, cyril_au said:

Did you submit your application via ImmiOnline? You are supposed to receive HAP ID after filling your Health Assessment form on your application details page, if you haven't had your medical examinations done in the last year.

Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 2.38.28 pm.png

Hi All,

I have the same concern. I asked my MA about medicals examination and he said it’s not time to worry about it yet. He will arrange documents when we have a case officer to perform the case because it can be a waste of money for us. 

is that right?! Nomination has been approved Already. 

Edited by Maria Carolina

13 minutes ago, Maria Carolina said:

Hi All,

I have the same concern. I asked my MA about medicals examination and he said it’s not time to worry about it yet. He will arrange documents when we have a case officer to perform the case because it can be a waste of money for us. 

is that right?! Nomination has been approved Already. 

That's a bit strange, as unless you have done your health checks already for some other visa in the past 12 months - you have at least do your health declarations otherwise, you are risking to wait extra time fulfilling s56 asking for the same... And yes, from what I understand if you never had your health checked for AU immigration then you must go through the examination. 

10 minutes ago, cyril_au said:

That's a bit strange, as unless you have done your health checks already for some other visa in the past 12 months - you have at least do your health declarations otherwise, you are risking to wait extra time fulfilling s56 asking for the same... And yes, from what I understand if you never had your health checked for AU immigration then you must go through the examination. 

Thank you for your reply!

Exactly! And we haven’t done any medical examination in the past 12 months so we must do it. Also with the nomination being approved I don’t really think it can take more than 12 months to process our visa. I will keep asking my MA. 

16 hours ago, Maria Carolina said:

Thank you for your reply!

Exactly! And we haven’t done any medical examination in the past 12 months so we must do it. Also with the nomination being approved I don’t really think it can take more than 12 months to process our visa. I will keep asking my MA. 

@Maria Carolina Luckily this is an area that you can stipulate on (as you'll be the one paying for it). 

My suggestion, would be to tell the MA, you'd like to do the medical and get a HAPID to get it started, he can't say no to you - only suggest to wait.
- Seeing as though your nomination is already approved, I don't see why they would (unless they'll make more money from you by making you wait 🙂 ). 

Edited by Hex