9 hours ago, Muku said:

Hi everyone, 

Today I got my nomination refused bcoz of not meet tasks or duties of your position in company. So anyone have same problem?  Or Can I fight with CO without going to AAT ?? Please reply me as soon as possible .

If you want to attest the decision you need to go to AAT. 

But there’s no point if you cant prove against the reason for which it was refused. Your employer needs to show, with good evidence, that you do meet the tasks and duties of the position in the company.

16 hours ago, Muku said:

Hi everyone, 

Today I got my nomination refused bcoz of not meet tasks or duties of your position in company. So anyone have same problem?  Or Can I fight with CO without going to AAT ?? Please reply me as soon as possible .

You NOMINATION refused in TRT or DIRECT ENTRY?

Hi everyone  

I have applied nomination and visa file same time. And I have got email from Immigration asking for s56(afp,P.Cc,and relationship proof) but I haven’t received anything about my nomination. Is that mean nomination is all good to go or they can ask visa documents before nominations? Bit confused 

trt cook 

58 minutes ago, Mang said:

Hi everyone  

I have applied nomination and visa file same time. And I have got email from Immigration asking for s56(afp,P.Cc,and relationship proof) but I haven’t received anything about my nomination. Is that mean nomination is all good to go or they can ask visa documents before nominations? Bit confused 

trt cook 

The nomination document requests, if any ,all go to your employer or  agent.  Check with them.

I suspect the nomination is done however since visa processing begins only if nomination is granted

Edited by pravincv
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, pravincv said:

The nomination document requests, if any ,all go to your employer or  agent.  Check with them.

I suspect the nomination is done however since visa processing begins only if nomination is granted

Thanks a lot for reply.

Yes checked with both. No one received any Email. I have received  Straight request about visa documents. Hopefully all is goo as I am bit nervous

1 hour ago, Mang said:

Hi everyone  

trt cook 

Hi Mang,may I ask you when you apply for TRT cook? Thanks 

29 minutes ago, mes said:

Hi guys, just wondering...

Has anyone got new passport after lodging 186? I know you can update details in the immi account but did you have to do everything again for the new passport (medicals, AFP etc)?

All you need to do is provide details of the new passport to Immigration via your immi account. No need to redo anything 

Hi everyone!

My employer lodged 186 direct entry nomination for me as a software engineer last month. I would like to ask several questions regarding this visa streams as follows:

1. Will the Department of Home Affairs notified me directly when the nomination has been approved?
  2. How can my employer check the estimated processing time for the nomination?
  3. I know that the employer has to pay for nomination fee and Skilling Australians Fund levy, but do they also responsible for my visa application fee too or each party pays their own part (employer pays nomination fee + SAF levy, I pay the visa application fee)?
  4. My employer lodged the nomination last month, and I'm planning to lodge the visa application by next month with all required documents e.g. police check, health examination etc. Since the global visa processing (as of June 2019) is around 15-18 months, how likely that they will ask me to redo the police check or health examination again? Should I lodge the visa application now or wait for several months to apply for it?
  5. I researched on enrolling in Medicare, it says a person who is applying for PR can enroll. Can I enroll for Medicare right after I submitted my 186 visa application? And when is it safe to unsubscribe my OVHC?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Advanced issues found

11 minutes ago, MT_TH said:

Hi everyone!

My employer lodged 186 direct entry nomination for me as a software engineer last month. I would like to ask several questions regarding this visa streams as follows:

1. Will the Department of Home Affairs notified me directly when the nomination has been approved?
  2. How can my employer check the estimated processing time for the nomination?
  3. I know that the employer has to pay for nomination fee and Skilling Australians Fund levy, but do they also responsible for my visa application fee too or each party pays their own part (employer pays nomination fee + SAF levy, I pay the visa application fee)?
  4. My employer lodged the nomination last month, and I'm planning to lodge the visa application by next month with all required documents e.g. police check, health examination etc. Since the global visa processing (as of June 2019) is around 15-18 months, how likely that they will ask me to redo the police check or health examination again? Should I lodge the visa application now or wait for several months to apply for it?
  5. I researched on enrolling in Medicare, it says a person who is applying for PR can enroll. Can I enroll for Medicare right after I submitted my 186 visa application? And when is it safe to unsubscribe my OVHC?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

1. No, only your employer can receive updates regarding the nomination they filled.
2. Based on what MA told my employer the Department of Home Affairs does not provide any status updates and its processing time is a part of overall processing time for 186 (not 100% sure about the last one).
3. You are supposed to pay the costs of your visa application unless you can convince your employer to pay instead.
4. Based on what I've seen here it is very discretional and even random. Also, my CO asked for a new police clearance (NZ) even though the one I provided hasn't expired yet. And yes, you can lodge as soon as you have all documents collected, there is no need to wait for nomination to be approved. Some people prefer not to do so to delay application fees payment. But there is a chance that if you apply the same time your application will be reviewed soon after the nomination - I have few friends whos applications were finalised the next day after their nomination.
5. I'm looking for an answer as well 🙂 But logically you should probably not be able to cancel your OVHC until you change your current visa as mantaining OVHC is most likely a condition of your current visa 457/482/... And generally there is not benefit I can think about from enrolling with Medicare before 186 is yours - there is a chance that you'll be paying more for it (~2% of your annual income, but please check) and you might also have to pay medicare surcharge for the period of the year you were on it.

Edited by cyril_au

7 hours ago, MT_TH said:

3.  I know that the employer has to pay for nomination fee and Skilling Australians Fund levy, but do they also responsible for my visa application fee too or each party pays their own part (employer pays nomination fee + SAF levy, I pay the visa application fee)?

There's no requirement for the employer to pay any costs for your PR nomination or visa.  I'm not 100% on the SAF fee, but as far as I know, they can tell you to pay all the costs.  Some employers will require the employee to pay everything, some employers will pay for the nomination as well as the visa costs, and some will require some sharing of the costs.

1 hour ago, MaggieMay24 said:

There's no requirement for the employer to pay any costs for your PR nomination or visa.  I'm not 100% on the SAF fee, but as far as I know, they can tell you to pay all the costs.  Some employers will require the employee to pay everything, some employers will pay for the nomination as well as the visa costs, and some will require some sharing of the costs.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/employing-and-sponsoring-someone/sponsoring-workers/learn-about-sponsoring/cost-of-sponsoring

But as far as I know, even many MAs recommend their employer-clients to pass those costs on the applicant which doesn't seem to be appropriate from the Department perspective.

Skilling Australians Fund levy

As the employer, you must pay the Skilling Australians Fund (SAF) levy. You must not pass the levy on to the visa applicant. The purpose of the levy is for employers to contribute to the broader skills development of Australians.

You must pay for all costs associated with becoming a sponsor and nominating and sponsoring an applicant. You can't transfer these costs to the visa holder or their family members.

43 minutes ago, bsuman said:

Finally Visa Granted and its Friday!!!

Congrats!

When did you submit the documents they requested in the last s56?

It's just that I'm in the same situation and trying to guess how much more time I'll have to wait - my documents were submitted on Aug 21st (certificate & disclosure submitted).

1 hour ago, cyril_au said:

Congrats!

When did you submit the documents they requested in the last s56?

It's just that I'm in the same situation and trying to guess how much more time I'll have to wait - my documents were submitted on Aug 21st (certificate & disclosure submitted).

@cyril_au I got s56 request twice. One on 4th June for Medicals and PCC. Last request was made on Aug 2 for providing disclosure of information of Police Certificate so that Australia Immigration could directly check the criminal history from their New Zealand counterpart. This is normal if you've stayed in NZ before. The document was last uploaded on 6th of August. So the application got Finalized in exactly one month after the last submission.

2 hours ago, bsuman said:

@cyril_au I got s56 request twice. One on 4th June for Medicals and PCC. Last request was made on Aug 2 for providing disclosure of information of Police Certificate so that Australia Immigration could directly check the criminal history from their New Zealand counterpart. This is normal if you've stayed in NZ before. The document was last uploaded on 6th of August. So the application got Finalized in exactly one month after the last submission.

Thanks! That's what I thought as well, not sure why can't they just mention the need of the disclosure consent somewhere in the application form.

On 02/09/2019 at 19:39, Satbir said:

Hi Guys,

Would anyone have any idea why the VIC PESE team is much slower in processing ? am i the only one in the waiting boat on further assessment from last 100 days? yes i am counting days and i am loosing it now.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks 

I am also in same boat, now I’m 55 days.