7 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Amit Gupta Sorry to jump in here and possibly confuse things a little more here - the score required, would be 4.5 (at least) on EACH band. 

That English from the snippet posted doesn't help things, however, it basically implies that you need a 4.5 at least, on EACH band (not overall). 
- That and the same thing happened with me and my wife, she got overall more than her required 80 (she's a teacher) but got a 7.5 in one section and still failed. 

@Hex Good morning and thanks you for your helpful response and time. You really give extra effort to this form and we really appreciate it. Nevertheless, I am not MA so don't take my advice as a rule. Furthermore, when my friend try to show English evidence for his partner he submitted overall 4.5 result and he got his visa. He was confused also so MA send him legislation which is this  only for Secondary applicants functional English https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2014L01668. Now, about your case there is a different legislation which shows exactly what is component English, professional English or superior English. In those legislations it's clearly mentioned that you should have in each. However in functional legislation it say overall. Hopefully, this sounds good. Once again I am not MA. I just try to show up what is there in sets of rules which I come across. - Thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Amit Gupta said:

@Hex Good morning and thanks you for your helpful response and time. You really give extra effort to this form and we really appreciate it. Nevertheless, I am not MA so don't take my advice as a rule. Furthermore, when my friend try to show English evidence for his partner he submitted overall 4.5 result and he got his visa. He was confused also so MA send him legislation which is this  only for Secondary applicants functional English https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2014L01668. Now, about your case there is a different legislation which shows exactly what is component English, professional English or superior English. In those legislations it's clearly mentioned that you should have in each. However in functional legislation it say overall. Hopefully, this sounds good. Once again I am not MA. I just try to show up what is there in sets of rules which I come across. - Thank you. 

@Amit Gupta Ahh, so it seems the difference then is between the functional (overall) and professional / superior (on each band). 

Learnt something new here - thanks! 

40 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Amit Gupta Ahh, so it seems the difference then is between the functional (overall) and professional / superior (on each band). 

Learnt something new here - thanks! 

Yes, it's. Hopefully this will help other applicants. Anyway, I will tack this conversation as an opportunity to say thank you for going exta miles and helping applicants (including me) really appreciate. However, my case is straget forward. Everything is there (IMMI account). I got 2 different S56 from 2 different Case officers asking same documents which are already on IMMI account. Not sure why it's taking so long. I am almost 2 months on Further assessment. Nevertheless, this what it's. I can't complain because this is part of life - Thank you 🙏

• Like 2

On 20/07/2019 at 13:41, Muppett said:

@Roni S Yes you would need to lodge the nomination again with the new wage. Better to wait and maybe he can give you a bonus once the visa has been approved to make up for the time you haven’t been able to get the raise?

Hi guys, got the following reply from my MA, 

"We only need to submit a new nomination if your pay is going to be decreased, not if it is increased. There is no need to update Immigration of this change".

@pravincv @Muppett @Hex

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Roni S said:

Hi guys, got the following reply from my MA, 

"We only need to submit a new nomination if your pay is going to be decreased, not if it is increased. There is no need to update Immigration of this change".

@pravincv @Muppett @Hex

@Roni S I tend to agree with your MA.

On a personal note, I went through a same situation whilst awaiting my visa, I told my MA and we updated the information within my application (didn't lodge a new one) and it was never used / looked at. Personally, I was always about, too much information couldn't hurt but i'm sure I could have left it out the application all together if I so chose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

State: QLD
Birth Country: India
Stream: 457 - 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 4
Nomination & visa  applied: 13 Nov 2018

Nomination approved : 13 June 2019 

Request for my Partner Police check  which we submitted yesterday : 24 June 2019

Last Update shows : 24 June 2019 
IMMI Status: Further assessment

IMMI PROCESSING TEAM  : NSW PESE 

COUNTDOWN START WITH WEEK START  

On 21/07/2019 at 00:06, Nora said:

Immi website states otherwise. I would go safe and try to score 4.5 at least on each band.

Honestly, some people are just too lazy to look for info on immi home affairs website.💁 Many of the answers are there. 

Here is the reference, do what suits. 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english

Unfortunately the information on the Immigration website is sometimes confusing and occasionally simply incorrect.  As per the legislation, it's an overall 4.5 score.

On 20/07/2019 at 13:09, Roni S said:

Hi guys, my boss willing to increase my pay, I am still waiting for my PR, but company nomination has been approved last month, does it make any problem with my application if my pay raise? @hex please suggest. Thanks

There's no issue with your employer giving you a salary increase, and you don't need to notify Immigration about this.  If your occupation changes, that's a different story, but given the long processing times, it's not unusual for people to get an increase during the processing of their applications.

• Thanks 1

On 19/07/2019 at 17:34, MerryPumpkin said:

@sydneyishuk Hello there! Do you mind if I ask when was your nomination approved and did your company received any request for additional docs?

Hi MerryPumpkin,

No further details were requested, my MA was pretty proactive with keeping the file up to date.  With recent payslips, also he saw a trend of increased refusals due to 'genuine need for the employee', so as well as a letter from the director we also provided my key achievements, over 3 years of working at the position, contracts won, new clients acquired etc... Also linked with bonus payments, pay increases etc.

3 hours ago, MaggieMay24 said:

Unfortunately the information on the Immigration website is sometimes confusing and occasionally simply incorrect.  As per the legislation, it's an overall 4.5 score.

This is really unfortunate. Some might have already changed directions after reading this misleading information on the immi website. 

Hi everyone,

is there any approval today?

after waiting for almost two years my nomination approved.Still waiting for visa approval.Nomination get approved on 5th July I have heard it takes few weeks to come but still no news.trying to be positive but I recently got married and my wife can’t come until this visa got approved.

Waiting is killing me and my wife day by day

3 minutes ago, Mick1983 said:

Hi everyone,

is there any approval today?

after waiting for almost two years my nomination approved.Still waiting for visa approval.Nomination get approved on 5th July I have heard it takes few weeks to come but still no news.trying to be positive but I recently got married and my wife can’t come until this visa got approved.

Waiting is killing me and my wife day by day

@Mick1983 Why would your wife not be able to join you until you have PR? 

- Do you currently have a 457 sponsor or similar? 

5 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Mick1983 Why would your wife not be able to join you until you have PR? 

- Do you currently have a 457 sponsor or similar? 

I added her on 186 visa application on 20th May2019.I still have my 457 visa until May 2020.I applied her visitor visa but it got refused last week unfortunately 😥

24 minutes ago, Mick1983 said:

I added her on 186 visa application on 20th May2019.I still have my 457 visa until May 2020.I applied her visitor visa but it got refused last week unfortunately 😥

Very sorry to hear, but what was the reason for refusal?

Hello everyone, 

Anyone know how to upload the link of ielts score of partner into immi account please?  

The result was out on Friday on website but we havnt received the paper certificate till now !!! 

Thank you 

Hi all, I have applied both nomination and visa on 30th MAY 2018, ens trt 186 as a cook.CO allocated on 28th May 2019. Requested s56, submitted all requested documents.again CO allocated on 1 July 2019, requested my wife medicals, submitted 10th July. Now its initial assessment.anyone got approved p.r this week or nomination. Anyone please suggest me how the process will be after initial assessment.

Thanks.