25 minutes ago, oakley said:

Good morning guys,

Been one of the silent readers of this forum.

Just checked my phone this morning after shower and saw a golden email from my MA. Our PR was GRANTED yesterday!!!! 

So grateful and this forum has somehow helped us a lot. For those of you who have been waiting I hope you will get your great news soon!

Wish you all the best and have a lovely day!

@oakley, Thanks for sharing. It seems department is looking at some application now where S56 is completed in the 2nd week on June 2019. 

We applied on 18th of February 2019 both nomination and application decision ready with all the documents  

no news yet no email nothing at all

I spoke with my MA today and he told me that before the end of financial year he saw some grant in 6 weeks because the governament need to reach the target but that now they become slow again!!

so unfair 😭😭5 months today and no news at all 

the application is still “received”

it look like a never ending story with this change of processing time 😭😭😭

Hello Folks, 

any one has changed the job before completing 2 years after 186 grant? 

Planning to change my Employer after granted 186 Direct Entry. Checked the following website. Employer need to inform department in case employee leaves i assume that applicable with 187 visa only.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/employing-and-sponsoring-someone/existing-sponsors/change-in-situation 

image.png.9199a7610a6cc10fe03cbee4e3e0a598.png

Second weblink below tells what if you want to change the job but 186 is not available in the selection. 

I checked my Visa Grant Notice and cant see any VISA condidtion. 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/change-in-situation/job-situation 

6 minutes ago, Mustung said:

Hello Folks, 

any one has changed the job before completing 2 years after 186 grant? 

Planning to change my Employer after granted 186 Direct Entry. Checked the following website. Employer need to inform department in case employee leaves i assume that applicable with 187 visa only.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/employing-and-sponsoring-someone/existing-sponsors/change-in-situation 

image.png.9199a7610a6cc10fe03cbee4e3e0a598.png

Second weblink below tells what if you want to change the job but 186 is not available in the selection. 

I checked my Visa Grant Notice and cant see any VISA condidtion. 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/change-in-situation/job-situation 

Hi @Mustung, based on my limited understanding, there is no obligation to the employer to inform the department when a employee leaves before 2 years from the time of grating 186 Visa. But in case the employer complains that employee never intended to stay with the company for 2 year and it can be proved then you will be in trouble. 

Also, please check latest previous pages. This is a favorite question of this forum. Everyday at least one person has the same question.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what is the significance of processing time available on department's website. I mean is it only for reference to the applicants or does it provide any right to the applicant to take some action if the department is not processing the application within that time frame. I can see a lot of applicants on this forum who is waiting for almost 2 years now. 

1 hour ago, Sere said:

We applied on 18th of February 2019 both nomination and application decision ready with all the documents  

no news yet no email nothing at all

I spoke with my MA today and he told me that before the end of financial year he saw some grant in 6 weeks because the governament need to reach the target but that now they become slow again!!

so unfair 😭😭5 months today and no news at all 

the application is still “received”

it look like a never ending story with this change of processing time 😭😭😭

Am waiting since 18th feb 2018 still no news 

1 hour ago, BigBan said:

Does anyone know what is the significance of processing time available on department's website. I mean is it only for reference to the applicants or does it provide any right to the applicant to take some action if the department is not processing the application within that time frame. I can see a lot of applicants on this forum who is waiting for almost 2 years now. 

@BigBan I've heard on more than a few occasions that the department would only take your complain serious if you've been waiting a minimum of double the processing times. 

- Unfair, but that's what I've heard and seen in the past.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, CD_waiting said:

Hi everyone, 

I was really starting to lose hope that I would not get the opportunity to say this, but I got my silver email today. After 21 months my nomination application was finally approved.

The department requested additional documents from my employer in June (ironically while I was overseas), and 42 days later the nomination was approved. They've requested that I complete a new medical (not surprising given that my exam was undertaken in Nov 2017) for my personal application. 

I'm not celebrating yet as I have another hurdle to jump.

But, shout out to my 2017 buddies, they will get to you too!!!

Oh wow! Congratulations! I just hope your golden mail arrives soon! 

We applied Mar 2018 and my employer received additional documents request last Monday. Hoping to complete it within 14 days and just pray to God that we'll receive the silver email too.

I'm just so glad that you're wait has all been worth it! Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

25 minutes ago, Hex said:

@BigBan I've heard on more than a few occasions that the department would only take your complain serious if you've been waiting a minimum of double the processing times. 

- Unfair, but that's what I've heard and seen in the past.

Thanks @Hex for your reply.

It sounds so very unfair. Do they consider processing time at the time of application or current. Because now the processing times have increased people will have to wait even more compared to the time they have applied. 

Just now, BigBan said:

Thanks @Hex for your reply.

It sounds so very unfair. Do they consider processing time at the time of application or current. Because now the processing times have increased people will have to wait even more compared to the time they have applied. 

@BigBan That's the kicker! I've had confirmation from 2 MA's that they take processing times as of at the time of the complaint. 

- Meaning, if the processing time was 1 month when you lodged and you complained at month 2 (processing time at this stage was 2 months) - they'd tell you, you're still within the processing times (it would need to be 4 months to be double). Very unfair but hey, what can we do!  

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

@BigBan That's the kicker! I've had confirmation from 2 MA's that they take processing times as of at the time of the complaint. 

- Meaning, if the processing time was 1 month when you lodged and you complained at month 2 (processing time at this stage was 2 months) - they'd tell you, you're still within the processing times (it would need to be 4 months to be double). Very unfair but hey, what can we do!  

Holy Molly, that's crap !!!

23 minutes ago, Dimitrios said:

Can someone explain me what is the difference between further and initial assessment?

Check your application status

If you applied online you can check your visa application status in ImmiAccount.

We assign a status to your application to show progress.

The status shows next to your application in 'My applications summary'.

• Incomplete means you have started but not completed an application.
  • Ready to submit means you have completed an application and can submit.
  • Submitted means you have submitted an application.
  • Received means we have received an application from you and can assess it within the current processing times.
  • Initial assessment means we are assessing your application.
  • Further assessment means we are assessing the information we requested from you.
  • Finalised means we have made a decision. We will notify you by email or post.

Note: The application status for My Health Declarations and Partner sponsorship forms will always display a status of submitted and will not change to a status of received.

• Thanks 1

This is like Joke from Immigration and Government 

- This year 200000 application came . What should we do we will approve random applications so 18000 approved . What about the rest !!!!! Don’t worry they can’t do anything .

These 182,000 will still be paying taxes which is income and we don’t even have to worry about them asking for benefits. They still will be paying for renewing of documents may be in one year they must have become murderers on there own expenses . I am stuck here now in this waiting game where you don’t even know what’s happening whether it’s going to approve or not . 

7 minutes ago, Smr said:

Hi Everyone,

Which Australian companies sponsor visa to software engineers for 186 direct entry visa? 

Thanks in advance

@Smr sorry mate!! Wrong question for this thread on the forum. Not sure someone following this thread will be able to help you with your query.  

13 minutes ago, Jerita said:

- This year 200000 application came . What should we do we will approve random applications so 18000 approved . What about the rest !!!!! Don’t worry they can’t do anything .

These 182,000 will still be paying taxes which is income and we don’t even have to worry about them asking for benefits. They still will be paying for renewing of documents may be in one year they must have become murderers on there own expenses . I am stuck here now in this waiting game where you don’t even know what’s happening whether it’s going to approve or not . 

@Jerita, whats the number of rejections? Is this figure only for stream 186?

34 minutes ago, Jerita said:

Hi Jerita, your application has been in only since December 2018 you need to stay positive, you and many others are in the same boat. Complaining is not doing any good. You are still within processing times.

Also be respectful, there are so many applicants in this forum waiting since 2017 who are patient and haven't complained to the extend I have seen from even 2019 applicants do so lately.

I know it is frustrating, but honestly a positive outlook is a healthy one, do not sicken yourself with constantly comparing your application to others.

I know you probably think this is rich coming from someone who has already got their PR.  But I have been here for over 7 years - my initial 186 PR application got refused.  This time round I remained positive, yes I was anxious that it may get refused again but kept that at the back of my mind and enjoyed living in the country I want to stay in, enjoyed my friends around me and lived each day by day.

Seriously do not let this waiting game be the be all and end all - otherwise you will go crazzzzy!!!

Edited by sydneyishuk
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Hello guys have got my visa grant yesterday. After 18 months wait finally I got it. On Wednesday after I got an email from my MA that I need to 2nd vac Pay and I paid at 5:30 pm. Next day morning which is yesterday I got an email says my visa has been granted.

be patient next will be yours.

thanks for sharing your experience in this forum.

• Congratulations 6

On 15/07/2019 at 19:12, Nedkellyinthebush said:

Hi all,

My visa was granted today!!!!

Thank you all guys, I’ve been a silent reader for several months and since I discovered this forum I would pull up my phone multiple times a day thinking “let’s see how are my mates doing”. You have actually helped me during this time. Seeing people being granted gave me hope and seeing all the amazing advice and information gave me a little bit of confidence too because I could see that I wasn’t alone and there is actually a bunch of amazing people online helping each other during this process. Thank you very much for this.

However, with that being said deep down I have been so worried and sad, the uncertainty was killing me. It has been very hard especially since the famous email on the 4th of April. Some days I would cry especially at night, not knowing what to expect. I believe in God and I prayed everyday, asking to give me strength to endure in this situation. Whether you believe in God or not please stay strong, your time will come soon. Looking at you Dimitrios and everybody else waiting - I don’t know any of you and I can’t recall your user names right now, but I feel you. Keep having faith my friends.

Here’s my timeline for those interested:

- 186 TRT (grandfathering) nomination and application: September/October 2018

- Received the famous email on the 4th of April

- Done the Medicals straight after the email

- Some docs were requested to my company at the end of May (don’t know what they asked for but my MA said it was the usual stuff and everything looked good)

- At the same time I have been updating my police checks, payslips, etc. in order to keep my application decision-ready

- Both nomination and application have been approved today 15 of July

I would recommend to keep your files up to date proactively. If they will expire soon, update them. This may or may not speed up the process, no one really knows but the fact that both my nomination and application were approved at the same time would make me think that it did help speeding up the process.

Best regards and good luck to everyone

Hi, just out of interest, how long between the nomination being approved and the visa being granted?  I know its the same day but was it simultaneous or different times of the day.  Asking as our nom was approved today.  Thanks 

• Like 1