8 hours ago, Amit Gupta said:

Hi all, anyone waiting more than 50 days after submitting S56 request? @Dhakalbinod, @BigBan, @Lokeshu, @Chelsea98, @hongkoknger, @Tweedathart, @David1983 how you gays are going? - Thanks. 

Still waiting!! 2 months and 2days since further assessment status. 2 and a half months since s56🙄

Edited by Tweedathart

Hi all,

My visa was granted today!!!!

Thank you all guys, I’ve been a silent reader for several months and since I discovered this forum I would pull up my phone multiple times a day thinking “let’s see how are my mates doing”. You have actually helped me during this time. Seeing people being granted gave me hope and seeing all the amazing advice and information gave me a little bit of confidence too because I could see that I wasn’t alone and there is actually a bunch of amazing people online helping each other during this process. Thank you very much for this.

However, with that being said deep down I have been so worried and sad, the uncertainty was killing me. It has been very hard especially since the famous email on the 4th of April. Some days I would cry especially at night, not knowing what to expect. I believe in God and I prayed everyday, asking to give me strength to endure in this situation. Whether you believe in God or not please stay strong, your time will come soon. Looking at you Dimitrios and everybody else waiting - I don’t know any of you and I can’t recall your user names right now, but I feel you. Keep having faith my friends.

Here’s my timeline for those interested:

- 186 TRT (grandfathering) nomination and application: September/October 2018

- Received the famous email on the 4th of April

- Done the Medicals straight after the email

- Some docs were requested to my company at the end of May (don’t know what they asked for but my MA said it was the usual stuff and everything looked good)

- At the same time I have been updating my police checks, payslips, etc. in order to keep my application decision-ready

- Both nomination and application have been approved today 15 of July

I would recommend to keep your files up to date proactively. If they will expire soon, update them. This may or may not speed up the process, no one really knows but the fact that both my nomination and application were approved at the same time would make me think that it did help speeding up the process.

Best regards and good luck to everyone

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 10

2 hours ago, Tweedathart said:

Still waiting!! 2 months and 2days since further assessment status. 2 and a half months since s56🙄

I'm around the same time waiting after the s56. I only applied in March 2019 so I'm well within the time frame though. Seeing most visa's going through within a month after s56, I can't help checking my account like 5 times a day 😂

3 hours ago, BigBan said:

@Tapas. My application is also filed by one of the corporate immigration agent. You should ask them for the acknowledgment letter from immigration which department issues when they receive an application. You also need this letter to apply for Medicare as you are eligible for the Medicare benefit from the time you apply.This letter will contain "TRN" number. You can create an immi account and import the application using this TRN number. This way you can track the application yourself. Please note this is only possible when your Visa request has been submitted, agents will not be able to share the TRN of nomination application. 

Thanks so much @BigBan. I already have the Ack letter which can be used to apply for Medicare benefit. I'll follow the instructions in your message and try to check in on the status of my application in Immi account. Really appreciate your help on this one!

Cheers!

• Like 1

I'm starting to think it really has to do with your situation.

For me,  I am a single guy with no family. My former company applied for my 457 when the immigration website said average wait times were mostly over a year; it was granted in 4 weeks right at Christmas. My currently company applied for my 186 visa when again the website was saying that wait times were mostly over 18 months; it was granted in two months. I also live in a regional area (Darwin) that most immigrant do not want to live in. It has an economy that is in tatters at the moment and the population is in decline. This means that they need people to fill vacancies and try to grow the economy and population again. So I'm thinking this, all of these factors combined,  had a lot to do with the speed of my visa approvals. 

As for a citizenship application and it's associated timelines,  I don't know if these factors will assist me in getting mine approved quickly (when I am eligible to apply,  which is next July). We shall see. 

This is all just a theory though, so take it with a grain of salt 🙂 

Edited by Canada2Australia
  • Like 2

Hi friends... 

I would like to share my file progress as cook DE from Perth... 

Nomi + visa lodged in Jan 2018

Nomi opened July 9, 2019

Request few things by Case officer :

* genuine need for paid employee

* detail position description 

* equivalent worker, individual contact 

That all asked to us at a moment.

Anyone is in the same boat like me...? 

Thank you 

Edited by Sukha

4 hours ago, sk1221 said:

Thanks @nanda nearly 2 years for nom and 17 months for visa doesn’t seem fast!! Fingers crossed for more good news this week

But from what is in your signature your nomination was approved in May 2019 and your visa came in July 2019. That makes it fast. No worries. Whatever it is you have crossed the hurdles and have the PR. Have fun and enjoy!

On 30/06/2019 at 16:13, TooGoodToBeTrue said:

Sorry I dotn quite understand. Has your application been refused because of failing a character assessment? Had your partner declared previous charges on the application? 

No..they did not give any decision yet...but case officer send my husband file for characters assessment last year now we got reply from assessment team...that they not pass characters assessment for my husband...but they mention in email...file will not be refused behave of characters assessment...and send file back to case officer...its depend on him now what case officer make decisions 

9 hours ago, JPJ said:

I'm around the same time waiting after the s56. I only applied in March 2019 so I'm well within the time frame though. Seeing most visa's going through within a month after s56, I can't help checking my account like 5 times a day 😂

That's exactly what I've been doing! Fingers crossed for both of us... hope the visa gods are looking down on us favourably lol 😇😇😇

• Like 1

On 12/07/2019 at 15:11, Gui Eloi said:

Hi, did anyone got this visa granted and left the job?

I got the visa granted a few months ago and I received an offer from a company I would love to work.

But my boss is threating revoke my visa if I leave, did anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks

Your boss cannot revoke your visa, only Immigration has that power.  And it's very doubtful Immigration would take any action to cancel your visa if it was granted a few months ago.  Your boss could complain to Immigration that you never intended to remain with them for 2 years (which you commit to during your application), but there's no legislation or policy that binds you to your employer after your 186 is granted.

15 hours ago, nanda said:

If I am not mistaken the first s56 submitted in June ‘19 has been issued with a visa. 😀 Hope more friends awaiting their approvals will get them soon.

Good Luck to all!👍

@nanda Just a reminder that this forum represents only a hand full of applications in the system and although it might be the "first" for the forum it's unlikely the "first" in general. 
- Still something interesting to note (for the forum). 

16 hours ago, Tapas said:

Yup. Thanks for the info @HokeyPokey. I have asked them to provide bi-weekly updates on the progress of my case. Did they share any credentials wherein you can log on to Immi Account and see the status/progress yourself? I find it a bit weird that I have to go back to them everytime I need to check in on progress of my application. How about you?

Hi @Tapas, do you have an existing immi account? If yes, you can import the application if they have given you a TRN and you can then monitor it by yourself. I already have an existing immi account and simply imported the application to monitor the status.

14 hours ago, Nedkellyinthebush said:

Hi all,

My visa was granted today!!!!

Thank you all guys, I’ve been a silent reader for several months and since I discovered this forum I would pull up my phone multiple times a day thinking “let’s see how are my mates doing”. You have actually helped me during this time. Seeing people being granted gave me hope and seeing all the amazing advice and information gave me a little bit of confidence too because I could see that I wasn’t alone and there is actually a bunch of amazing people online helping each other during this process. Thank you very much for this.

However, with that being said deep down I have been so worried and sad, the uncertainty was killing me. It has been very hard especially since the famous email on the 4th of April. Some days I would cry especially at night, not knowing what to expect. I believe in God and I prayed everyday, asking to give me strength to endure in this situation. Whether you believe in God or not please stay strong, your time will come soon. Looking at you Dimitrios and everybody else waiting - I don’t know any of you and I can’t recall your user names right now, but I feel you. Keep having faith my friends.

Here’s my timeline for those interested:

- 186 TRT (grandfathering) nomination and application: September/October 2018

- Received the famous email on the 4th of April

- Done the Medicals straight after the email

- Some docs were requested to my company at the end of May (don’t know what they asked for but my MA said it was the usual stuff and everything looked good)

- At the same time I have been updating my police checks, payslips, etc. in order to keep my application decision-ready

- Both nomination and application have been approved today 15 of July

I would recommend to keep your files up to date proactively. If they will expire soon, update them. This may or may not speed up the process, no one really knows but the fact that both my nomination and application were approved at the same time would make me think that it did help speeding up the process.

Best regards and good luck to everyone

@Nedkellyinthebush Congratulations!!! Truly Happy for you and to those who have had their Visas granted! Let's all keep the faith! 

44 minutes ago, HokeyPokey said:

Hi @Tapas, do you have an existing immi account? If yes, you can import the application if they have given you a TRN and you can then monitor it by yourself. I already have an existing immi account and simply imported the application to monitor the status.

dont we have to create an immiaccount for our health checks? confused why anyone would need a new one

8 minutes ago, furbibi said:

Hi guys, just a quick question... Is there anyone here who lodged the visa from an associated business entity due to company restructure? Any positive outcomes? Thanks

Hi @furbibi I’m paid by an associated entity - which is also the people I work for-  whilst the main business is my sponsor. My nomination for 186 visa has been approved. As long as it makes sense I’m sure you’ll be fine. 

On 03/07/2019 at 16:45, Hex said:

@Roni S It's just a code for a request of additional document. 

Basically, the department have viewed your application and are needing additional documents (could be expired medicals / document, or could be missing / required documents). 

@Sukha Here is answer for similar question.

2 hours ago, Hex said:

@nanda Just a reminder that this forum represents only a hand full of applications in the system and although it might be the "first" for the forum it's unlikely the "first" in general. 
- Still something interesting to note (for the forum). 

@Hex Understand Hex. I was just trying to boost the spirits up for the larger good of the forum members but looks like it was a false boost anyways. Most probably the date was May 2018! 😀

2 hours ago, HokeyPokey said:

Yes. I have done exactly that. Thanks for suggestion and guidance of board members here.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, nanda said:

@Hex Understand Hex. I was just trying to boost the spirits up for the larger good of the forum members but looks like it was a false boost anyways. Most probably the date was May 2018! 😀

The date was definitely May 2019 👍🏼

• Haha 1

Hi Guys,

Here is my timeline:

186 (transition stream): On shore applicant having 10 years work experience, with 3 years in the same company and Australia. I have been given an indefinite contract now.

Nomination submitted: 05/7/2019

Nomination approved: 10/7/2019.

Number of applicant: 2 ( husband and I).

Application is being prepared.

I would like to know what documents I need to upload. According to the website,

- medicals are need if requested

- police check

- English language competency for me and functional English for my husband. I have done PTE in addition to education in English all my life till Ph.D. My husband has studied in English medium schools and university in India. Would transcripts and degree certificates suffice to prove his functional English? He has a master's degree.

- Skill assessment: not required for a scientist. 

Do I need to provide CV, job contract, pay slips, etc? 

Please help. 

Thank you. 

Best regards,

Dianne

25 minutes ago, Dianne12 said:

Hi Guys,

Here is my timeline:

186 (transition stream): On shore applicant having 10 years work experience, with 3 years in the same company and Australia. I have been given an indefinite contract now.

Nomination submitted: 05/7/2019

Nomination approved: 10/7/2019.

Number of applicant: 2 ( husband and I).

Application is being prepared.

I would like to know what documents I need to upload. According to the website,

- medicals are need if requested

- police check

- English language competency for me and functional English for my husband. I have done PTE in addition to education in English all my life till Ph.D. My husband has studied in English medium schools and university in India. Would transcripts and degree certificates suffice to prove his functional English? He has a master's degree.

- Skill assessment: not required for a scientist. 

Do I need to provide CV, job contract, pay slips, etc? 

Please help. 

Thank you. 

Best regards,

Dianne

@Dianne12 This is a pretty loaded question - do you have a MA working on your case / application? If so, I suggest you speak with them as they would request the required documents for lodging. 

Alternatively, there are a few people here that have done their own Visa application, I'm sure they could assist with input.