12 hours ago, Tapas said:

Hi @HokeyPokey

Same here! When I try to compose a PM, a pop-up window comes up that says that I am only allowed to send 0 messages per day. I checked in the settings as well - no idea how to sort this out. Is it something to do with how many posts/how old you are to the forum? That sounds the only logical explanation of not allowing new members to send PMs.

Forum members - guidance please?

Cheers!

Tapas

Most likely it is like that but, at least, in another forum it mentions that you need to have at least 5 posts. We have the same agent @Tapas

3 hours ago, KD31 said:

It was very hard to wait that long but I knew nothing wrong with the documents and my case ..... just that kept me going... visa + nomination applied- 11/5/17
Docs asked 19/10/17- submitted same day
Docs asked again 22/11/17- submitted 6/12/17
After that it was a big full on file until 29 April 2019...no news...at all...call them they say its under processing.
I decided to lodge a complaint on 29/4/19- they said said to give them 3 weeks to find out about my file
3 weeks 1 day gone no answer again.... lodged a second complaint on the first one. The lady said we will get back to you in 3 days... that night received an email...detailed one but almost same answer that could be this this reason. Thanks for your patience.
2 days later - CO called my boss and approved the nomination
Asked for Afp and medical 24/5/19- submitted both by 4/6/19 and then started waiting again....kept calling them as The wait was killing me.
4/7/19 - I called global feedback unit... once file is open they said can’t put pressure on CO to make a decision.
Lawyer said to just wait till 16/7/19 then we will chase them....
Meanwhile I made up my mind that I will go to ombudsman and lodge a complaint against immi if didn’t hear anything in July...... but finallllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy
IT IS HERE..... cannot suggest to stay positive all the time as it is really hard... but I would just say that NEVER GIVEUP on things what you deserve and have worked hard for ....I am really happy now .
Thanks to this group for all this support all the time.
All the best to each one of you waiting there.... good luck !!!

That was a very loooong and stressssful journey. Not sure how many of us can wait and chase and follow-up like that...Half of the time we sit down thinking to not disturb the process lest it goes on the negative side. Anyways salute your resilience in keeping at it till it came. Happy for you that in the end it is positive. Enjoy your well deserved success.

Cheers!

3 hours ago, KD31 said:

It was very hard to wait that long but I knew nothing wrong with the documents and my case ..... just that kept me going... visa + nomination applied- 11/5/17
Docs asked 19/10/17- submitted same day
Docs asked again 22/11/17- submitted 6/12/17
After that it was a big full on file until 29 April 2019...no news...at all...call them they say its under processing.
I decided to lodge a complaint on 29/4/19- they said said to give them 3 weeks to find out about my file
3 weeks 1 day gone no answer again.... lodged a second complaint on the first one. The lady said we will get back to you in 3 days... that night received an email...detailed one but almost same answer that could be this this reason. Thanks for your patience.
2 days later - CO called my boss and approved the nomination
Asked for Afp and medical 24/5/19- submitted both by 4/6/19 and then started waiting again....kept calling them as The wait was killing me.
4/7/19 - I called global feedback unit... once file is open they said can’t put pressure on CO to make a decision.
Lawyer said to just wait till 16/7/19 then we will chase them....
Meanwhile I made up my mind that I will go to ombudsman and lodge a complaint against immi if didn’t hear anything in July...... but finallllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy
IT IS HERE..... cannot suggest to stay positive all the time as it is really hard... but I would just say that NEVER GIVEUP on things what you deserve and have worked hard for ....I am really happy now .
Thanks to this group for all this support all the time.
All the best to each one of you waiting there.... good luck !!!

Wow.. truly inspirational. Thanks for sharing. I am pretty sure people reading your post can draw a lot of positives out of it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Canada2Australia said:

Are you permitted to have a second job if you are on this visa? 

@Canada2Australia No, you're not entitled to work anymore than 1 job when you are on sponsorship (hence, sponsorship is only from one employer).
- Doing this and getting found out could put you in a dire situation with regards to your visa application. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Canada2Australia No, you're not entitled to work anymore than 1 job when you are on sponsorship (hence, sponsorship is only from one employer).
- Doing this and getting found out could put you in a dire situation with regards to your visa application. 

I highly doubt that's true for a 186. 

457 or any other temporary employer-sponsored work visa , for sure but not for a permanent visa like 186.

Full disclosure - I'm no expert nor am I an MA.

37 minutes ago, Canada2Australia said:

Can you work a second job on a 186 Visa?

Opps, it seems some posts are divided on this question.

I personally think there is no restriction on 186 visa regarding 2nd job. I have not read any such restriction anywhere, but I can not claim to be a thorough reader. 

6 minutes ago, MarkAu said:

I highly doubt that's true for a 186. 

457 or any other temporary employer-sponsored work visa , for sure but not for a permanent visa like 186.

Full disclosure - I'm no expert nor am I an MA.

@MarkAu Correct, my understanding is that on a 186 you can have as many jobs as you'd like. 

The question wasn't specific to visa ("Are you permitted to have a second job if you are on this visa?"), hence, my answer was for the assumed 457 (sponsorship), which I tried to elaborate on by stipulating the sponsorship involved.
- If it was aimed at 186, then yes - you can work in multiple places. 

Didn't mean to cause confusion. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hex said:

@MarkAu Correct, my understanding is that on a 186 you can have as many jobs as you'd like. 

The question wasn't specific to visa ("Are you permitted to have a second job if you are on this visa?"), hence, my answer was for the assumed 457 (sponsorship), which I tried to elaborate on by stipulating the sponsorship involved.
- If it was aimed at 186, then yes - you can work in multiple places. 

Didn't mean to cause confusion. 

Confusion... averted.

Hi, did anyone got this visa granted and left the job?

I got the visa granted a few months ago and I received an offer from a company I would love to work.

But my boss is threating revoke my visa if I leave, did anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Gui Eloi said:

Hi, did anyone got this visa granted and left the job?

I got the visa granted a few months ago and I received an offer from a company I would love to work.

But my boss is threating revoke my visa if I leave, did anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks

@Gui Eloi This has been discussed many times in the last few pages, please go back and have a look.

Heads up - if your boss is threatening you - then I suggest you stay put. If they lodge a complaint with Immi and take it further, you will loose your visa. 
- The job offers will always come, the PR not so much! 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Gui Eloi This has been discussed many times in the last few pages, please go back and have a look.

Heads up - if your boss is threatening you - then I suggest you stay put. If they lodge a complaint with Immi and take it further, you will loose your visa. 
- The job offers will always come, the PR not so much! 

Thanks, I appreciate that but what I really wanna know if there is someone that actually lost or kept their visa in a situation like that, speculations I found all thought the forum as well but I didn't find anyone that actually experienced that and shared the outcome.

5 minutes ago, Gui Eloi said:

Thanks, I appreciate that but what I really wanna know if there is someone that actually lost or kept their visa in a situation like that, speculations I found all thought the forum as well but I didn't find anyone that actually experienced that and shared the outcome.

Why don't you contact a migrant agent directly if you are weary of the advice given on this forum? Seems like the most logical solution for you. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Canada2Australia said:

Why don't you contact a migrant agent directly if you are weary of the advice given on this forum? Seems like the most logical solution for you. 

Yea, I'm doing that.

But I'll have to wait until Monday and I wanna see if I can get some advice before.

4 minutes ago, Gui Eloi said:

Yea, I'm doing that.

But I'll have to wait until Monday and I wanna see if I can get some advice before.

Here's some advice; show the employer that took the time, expense and effort to sponsor you for the golden ticket of PR in Australia the respect and gratitude they deserve and work out your two years moral obligation to them.

Unless they have in some way abused you as an employee or broken their side of the employment contract they provided as part of the Nomination application, you owe them.

I might be old fashioned though...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi 

I want to ask one question I applied my ENS  186 through TRT stream on September 2018, got my nomination and visa on same time on May 2019. currently I am working at same place from where I got my PR,my boss told me that he is going to sale the restaurant on September this year and one guy is going to buy the place he is happy to keep me and he also told me he will increase my wage as well but I don’t want to work with him 

my question is 

can I leave my job after business sold out because according to my visa I have to work 2 Years? Any expert here please give me suggestions 

thanks 

29 minutes ago, Rhitesh said:

Hi 

I want to ask one question I applied my ENS  186 through TRT stream on September 2018, got my nomination and visa on same time on May 2019. currently I am working at same place from where I got my PR,my boss told me that he is going to sale the restaurant on September this year and one guy is going to buy the place he is happy to keep me and he also told me he will increase my wage as well but I don’t want to work with him 

my question is 

can I leave my job after business sold out because according to my visa I have to work 2 Years? Any expert here please give me suggestions 

thanks 

Hi,

I am not a registered MA and hence my advise is very general. Feel free to reject it. As I have understood from many sites on this topic if you have been granted nomination and visa and then the business is sold out then it is up to the employer and employee to reach to an agreement and the new employer has to apply for a new nomination. In your case he is happy to do so and that too with an increased pay. You are lucky in that sense.

Though you may not like the new employer it is advisable to work for them for at least 2 years and then part ways as those are the basic conditions on which the visa was granted. I am sure you got this PR after considerable effort and struggle. Why waste it for 2 years? Just my two cents. Other people may add more value. Good luck.

Cheers!

On 12/07/2019 at 11:16, Canada2Australia said:

Can you work a second job on a 186 Visa?

Once you got your PR in Australia, you can work/business  unlimited. No restriction at all. You can freely move to any where in Australia as well if you want. My previous reply was based on those who has applied the visa and waiting for a pr visa. 

• Like 1

On 12/07/2019 at 19:14, Anajmi said:

Hi. Does anybody know the answer of my question? If we go to maternity leave for example for 6 months, does this 6 month counts a part of the 2 years commitment?

@Anajmi I think you're stretching it here mate 🙂

But no, as far as i'm aware (I stand corrected), maternity does not count towards permanent working hours, meaning it would not count towards your 2 years.  

• Thanks 1