Just now, Sere said:

But still you had your nomination approved in 3 days!!!it is amazing 

I have no idea how this could work..how people with the same position wait 3 days and other 2 years!!!

@Sere For your sake, I hope your application doesn't run it's complete course. 
- If this is your worry now, imagine at 12-14 months 😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Andytomas said:

Hi guys,

after my application has been refused one month ago the 03-05-19. I decided,  instead doing an appeal, reapply again for 186.

Fingers crosses 

how can I update my situation here?

Just update your signature with the new application timeline, someone will update your new one as withdrawn/refused in the spreadsheets.

16 hours ago, Sere said:

But still you had your nomination approved in 3 days!!!it is amazing 

I have no idea how this could work..how people with the same position wait 3 days and other 2 years!!!

You seem to think that this is a fair process 🙂  Of course it isn't!  Australia will take people according to the priorities it determines as best for its growth.  We all hope we fit that profile - we take a shot at the opportunity to live in this amazing country and hope that what we can offer Australia is what Australia wants.  Some years it will be one set of skill sets and experience and other years it will be other skill sets and experience. 

Of course, if we meet the defined requirements we will eventually get our due consideration (and hopefully then our visa) but in answer to your concern about three days versus two years consider what you would do in Australia's place?  Would you take first come first served, or would you take what you need first and the rest later...?

2 hours ago, MarkAu said:

You seem to think that this is a fair process 🙂  Of course it isn't!  Australia will take people according to the priorities it determines as best for its growth.  We all hope we fit that profile - we take a shot at the opportunity to live in this amazing country and hope that what we can offer Australia is what Australia wants.  Some years it will be one set of skill sets and experience and other years it will be other skill sets and experience. 

Of course, if we meet the defined requirements we will eventually get our due consideration (and hopefully then our visa) but in answer to your concern about three days versus two years consider what you would do in Australia's place?  Would you take first come first served, or would you take what you need first and the rest later...?

You statement is based on occupation. While your statement is true to extent, processing time can varies drastically for different applicants even in the same occupation. Even for the same occupation, it is not uncommon to see that one applicant can get approved within three months and another application waits twelve months or longer.

7 minutes ago, Anajmi said:

For DE is  11 months to 15 months.

I'm sitting around the 12 month mark.  I am at further assessment stage for both the nomination and my application.

From your signature, looks like you are in month 4 so might have a bit of a wait, or you may not, luck of the draw! 😀

Edited by BB88

1 hour ago, Aron said:

You statement is based on occupation.

Nope, it's based on simple binary logic; the differences in processing times are either random or by design.  If you believe it's random we will have to agree to disagree 🙂

5 hours ago, BB88 said:

I'm sitting around the 12 month mark.  I am at further assessment stage for both the nomination and my application.

From your signature, looks like you are in month 4 so might have a bit of a wait, or you may not, luck of the draw! 😀

Hi. Have you had further documentation requested?

5 hours ago, MarkAu said:

Nope, it's based on simple binary logic; the differences in processing times are either random or by design.  If you believe it's random we will have to agree to disagree 🙂

I was not discussing weather it is random or by design. I was only saying your ground of argument was not absolutely  cogent and flawless, and I pointed that out. 

Hi guys I need a suggestion from you all as I am waiting for so long for my 186 visa almost 22 months for cook occupation .I am thinking to apply for 190 visa as a chef .My point is 75.

do you thing it’s a good decision or I should wait for the visa outcome?They didn’t touch my file not even nomination is approved  I spent almost $10000 for my ens application including migration agent fee.This waiting is killing me day by day.

If I withdraw my 186 application am I eligible to get the refund?

1 hour ago, Mick1983 said:

Hi guys I need a suggestion from you all as I am waiting for so long for my 186 visa almost 22 months for cook occupation .I am thinking to apply for 190 visa as a chef .My point is 75.

do you thing it’s a good decision or I should wait for the visa outcome?They didn’t touch my file not even nomination is approved  I spent almost $10000 for my ens application including migration agent fee.This waiting is killing me day by day.

No, u will not get refund anyway, if u want to apply 190 i would recommand go for it bcoz it will take around 6 month for skill assessment plus IOE waiting time, but with 75 point u got bright chances.

Hi there I lodged  my file 3rd April 2017 cook ens 186 yesterday they opened nominations ask for documents for business updates  organisations chart business profit and loss status or restaurant lease 

today they opened my file request for afp or medical again and my immi status is initial assessment 

12 hours ago, Davv said:

Hi Guys , is there any one waiting for Nomination Or Visa more then 35 days after request documents??????

@Davv I understand the frustration at waiting but so many consecutive messages on the same thing can come across as a little rude. 
- It might take a little while, but more posts get responded to (if they needed to and / or are valid / useful) - have patience. 

To answer your question;
Yes - there are many cases that take more than 35 days to get feedback, in fact there was one that took close to 2 years to get a response on. 
- These are all application specific and the 30 - 40 day turn-around timeline is only in general terms (there is nothing guaranteed).  

You'll need to be patient and wait I'm afraid - expect the worst in terms of time line and hope for that best. That way you won't be dissapointed. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mick1983 said:

@Mick1983
1- Refund: No, you will not get a refund - regardless on your decision. That money is spent regardless of outcome. 
2- 186: This is entirely a personal choice, personally - if I had the excess money and wanted to give it a "shot", I'd do it, however, I would keep both applications running in parallel. 
Although 75 points isn't bad, the last time I looked - the starting points now (although the department don't have it in writing) is close to 70/75 points.  The waiting times increases the less points you have (meaning, on 90 points - you could wait for very little time, however that wait jumps as the points decrease). 

I'd hate for you to spend all that (new) money - also which is not refundable, only to have yo wait a similar amount of time. However, the choice is yours.

Being at 22 months on a cook occupation - I couldn't see it taking longer than another 4-5 months (at most) for them to get back to you, however, I'm not an agent so can't confirm this. 

7 hours ago, Rani1985 said:

Hi there I lodged  my file 3rd April 2017 cook ens 186 yesterday they opened nominations ask for documents for business updates  organisations chart business profit and loss status or restaurant lease 

today they opened my file request for afp or medical again and my immi status is initial assessment 

@Mick1983 See this latest post from a cook - 26 months he waited. I suspect if all the documents were already there, this would have a decision.