48 minutes ago, Prad said:

All of a sudden, today i got email from MA with Notification of Grant  for 186 visa. Checked immi Account around 12:30 pm today this afternoon was nothing but just received.

Finally got it and so much happy and excited. Thanks to this blog and everyone who give hope to others. 

Please update in spreadsheet and look my signature. 

Grant date: 20 may 2019

No further document requested.

Congratulations! Was your nomination approved today as well just before the grant of visa?

And which state did you apply from?

• Congratulations 1

22 minutes ago, Fung said:

Congratulations! Was your nomination approved today as well just before the grant of visa?

And which state did you apply from?

I think yes. When i saw an email from MA i asked them about my nomination. They said both come one after other. 

I applied from Sydney NSW.

2 hours ago, Prad said:

All of a sudden, today i got email from MA with Notification of Grant  for 186 visa. Checked immi Account around 12:30 pm today this afternoon was nothing but just received.

Finally got it and so much happy and excited. Thanks to this blog and everyone who give hope to others. 

Please update in spreadsheet and look my signature. 

Grant date: 20 may 2019

No further document requested.

Congratulations !!! 

• Congratulations 1

14 hours ago, Sere said:

We applied on the 18th of February 2019

nothing yet 

no email no news

we sent them a decision ready application with all the possible info that they may need 

I don’t know if it is because our application is for customers service manager and as far as I know they look very close to this kind of position 

only thing positive it that I just apply for Medicare and I received it this morning 

i am super stressed I just hope we will receive some news soon 

I have applied 18 feb 2018 still no news. Be patient you will get it soon

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Anajmi said:

Thank you everybody for your responses. Is there anybody here that have gotten approval or rejection with a wage around 60K?

If your salary was based on fair work agreement and the agreement is 60K or lower you should not be worried ---> https://www.fairwork.gov.au/awards-and-agreements/awards/list-of-awards

However, If someone in your company has the same position as you, then you should get paid the same amount or higher than that person with the same position.

In my case, my nomination was approved and my salary in a bit under 60K as it was calculated based on Fairwork. 

Cheers.

Edited by Alcar
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alcar said:

If your salary was based on fair work agreement and the agreement is 60K or lower you should not be worried ---> https://www.fairwork.gov.au/awards-and-agreements/awards/list-of-awards

However, I someone in your company has the same position as you, then you should get paid the same amount or higher than that person with the same position.

In my case, my nomination was approved and my salary in a bit under 60K as it was calculated based on Fairwork

Cheers.

Thanks for the response. Based on what I see in this website, every salaries higher than 54K are acceptable, even for professional jobs and experienced persons, right? Honestly, I cannot find it for a chemical engineer who works in a oil analysis laboratory

Edited by Anajmi

32 minutes ago, Anajmi said:

Thanks for the response. Based on what I see in this website, every salaries higher than 54K are acceptable, even for professional jobs and experienced persons, right? Honestly, I cannot find it for a chemical engineer who works in a oil analysis laboratory

No worries. I can help you finding the right agreement. In which industry is the company? Oil-Gas, Chemical, manufacturing ?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Alcar said:

No worries. I can help you finding the right agreement. In which industry is the company? Oil-Gas, Chemical, manufacturing ?

I am a laboratory manager in an oil condition monitoring company. The company's clients are from power plants and mining sectors. The clients send their oil samples to our company and we run some tests on the samples and analyse corrosive particles inside the oil samples. I do not know in which sector is my company.

On 11/05/2019 at 09:06, David1983 said:

Hi Duda

I applied for mine and it came through 3 weeks later to the day.....

That's when the fun begins - i declared my caution from 2002 on my original 457 and my records where verified by immigration with ACRO prior to my visa grant in 2016

Now im in the process of gaining my 186 the subject access showed a court appearance with no penalty at all imposed so i never declared it - however my MA now says i have to prepare a notice of incorrect answer which seems odd as i wasn't convicted, fined or cautioned.

Just though i would mention this as no doubt you will be in the same boat if anything else shows up on the subject access..

Thanks.

Thanks for this, really helpful. 

We got the access report after 2 and a half weeks and submitted it with a statement on Friday 17th. Its out of our hands now...just sitting and waiting. 

23 hours ago, sydneyishuk said:

Hi Ryan,

Scott Morrision will cap permanent migration at 160,000 for the next four years.  To be honest, this will not have too much of an affect as 160,000 was consistent with the intake over the past 12 months. Australia accepted 162,417 permanent migrants in the past year.

The only other thing is who will be home minister and if they will bring up the changes to citizenship again (remember the 4 years of PR, instead of four years in Australia with one year pr), or deal with the terrible back log in citizenship applications (over two years at the moment). 

These will only affect us after we receive our grant though. Labor didn't support these policies.

Good news on my side - Visa Grant today!

Finally, a big relief after so much hesitation and frustration about the processing time.

Guys, keep you faith! I know, it drains and poisons you, but there will be your day!

Thanks everyone, and good luck!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 15

4 minutes ago, Cbyrne11 said:

The only other thing is who will be home minister and if they will bring up the changes to citizenship again (remember the 4 years of PR, instead of four years in Australia with one year pr), or deal with the terrible back log in citizenship applications (over two years at the moment). 

These will only affect us after we receive our grant though. Labor didn't support these policies.

I did actually have this at the back of my mind. So currently is it 4 years in Australia (with 1 on PR)? 

15 minutes ago, art said:

Good news on my side - Visa Grant today!

Finally, a big relief after so much hesitation and frustration about the processing time.

Guys, keep you faith! I know, it drains and poisons you, but there will be your day!

Thanks everyone, and good luck!

@art that is excellent news, congratulations....

I am trusting that since you and I have very similar timelines, Lodgement and Nomination approval, that I would be not too far off from a visa grant...but then again, predicting an outcome with this process only creates anxiety, so I will just rely on my faith.

• Congratulations 1

23 minutes ago, RyanReid said:

I did actually have this at the back of my mind. So currently is it 4 years in Australia (with 1 on PR)? 

Yes this is what it currently is.

They tried to change it to 4 years PR last year but it was never passed.

Pauline Hanson is trying to get it to 8 years PR and according to this article: https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2018/02/09/pauline-hanson-wants-migrants-wait-8-years-become-citizens a private member's Bill has been brought before the Federal Parliament that seeks to increase the waiting period for permanent residents to eight years before they can apply to be Australian citizens.

22 minutes ago, RyanReid said:

I believe that's the case.

Two years ago they froze citizenship applications while Dutton tried to force that change through, adding an English language test and some other requirements.

They couldn't get it passed but created a huge backlog by not accepting applications for a six month period and scaring anyone who was elligible for citizenship to appy all at once.

I'm worried now that they have a better majority that it will come back and they could pass it now, which would be a kick in the teeth considering I've been here 5 1/2 years and only just got PR.

Might not happen though, best case Dutton doesn't get the home affairs portfolio but imagine whoever they put in that role will have similar views to his.

5 minutes ago, sydneyishuk said:

Pauline Hanson is trying to get it to 8 years PR and according to this article: https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2018/02/09/pauline-hanson-wants-migrants-wait-8-years-become-citizens a private member's Bill has been brought before the Federal Parliament that seeks to increase the waiting period for permanent residents to eight years before they can apply to be Australian citizens.

I'm not sure that private members bill would still be up for debate givens that it was raised 16 months ago.

1 hour ago, Lisa88 said:

Thanks for this, really helpful. 

We got the access report after 2 and a half weeks and submitted it with a statement on Friday 17th. Its out of our hands now...just sitting and waiting. 

I know how this feels. We're in the exact same position. Declared a caution on our 457. Our MA sent our 186 application stupidly without the caution detail. So they requested a SAR. Theres other things on there but none are cautions...we called the UK to get these details. But we took the bull by the horns and provided a statement with everything along with strong character references followed by the SAR when it arrived. We hoped those would show utter transparency. 

Just waiting now. 

13 minutes ago, sydneyishuk said:

10 minutes ago, Cbyrne11 said:

Two years ago they froze citizenship applications while Dutton tried to force that change through, adding an English language test and some other requirements.

They couldn't get it passed but created a huge backlog by not accepting applications for a six month period and scaring anyone who was elligible for citizenship to appy all at once.

I'm worried now that they have a better majority that it will come back and they could pass it now, which would be a kick in the teeth considering I've been here 5 1/2 years and only just got PR.

Might not happen though, best case Dutton doesn't get the home affairs portfolio but imagine whoever they put in that role will have similar views to his.

8 years is ridiculous. Hopefully for all our sakes they don't change that rule. 

10 minutes ago, Cbyrne11 said:

I really don’t understand why we should wait all that time

I mean we already work hard for our visa

we already show them our English level  with  ielts or pte 

we already provided our police check and everything 

I think that they just want to find extra excuses for have a second class people that pay taxes

On 17/05/2019 at 11:16, playitbyear said:

@Botany Congrats on the very quick movement of your case!

I think it's likely your nomination has been approved BUT we have encountered a few cases on this forum recently whereby requests were made on the application, and nomination was still pending. 

Worth trying to track down someone in your MA agency for a definitive answer. Good luck 😊

Just a quick update, have heard back from the MA and the nomination was approved on 24 Apr as well (same day as further request for med check). 🙂

• Like 1

Hi Guys, 

Ive got a letter from the immi requesting for a evidence as " no equivalent worker". I am nominated as an Accountant with 3 years of experience in an Accounting firm and offered a salary of $65K annually. I couldnt find the award or agreement in fairwork as the sponsor is not under banking or financial but a retailer and wholesale selling of computer or IT products so I was advised that it is a free award. I checked the salary surveys in the market and the min salary is $75K. Does anyone has similar situation? I'm thinking I am given that salary because of the length of my work experience. Thanks