Hi there, new poster here. 

I'm about to embark on the TRT 186 process with my employer.

Reading through here I am inferring that most people seem to lodge the application and nomination at the same time, rather than waiting for nomination approval.

If anyone can confirm that or share thoughts on it, it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

5 minutes ago, Mmmbop said:

Hi there, new poster here. 

I'm about to embark on the TRT 186 process with my employer.

Reading through here I am inferring that most people seem to lodge the application and nomination at the same time, rather than waiting for nomination approval.

If anyone can confirm that or share thoughts on it, it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Oh also, are there any conditions on staying with the employer once the visa is granted? I heard this mentioned somewhere but can't find any information on it. Thanks!

On 13/05/2019 at 14:36, playitbyear said:

Great to see another Chippy 😊

Check out details in my signature where a request for licencing has slowed us down. CO requested proof of licencing/registration which is not required in WA. And now we're back in the pile😬

Hopefully yours isn't far off!

I received a request for more information yesterday. 

They've asked me for:

A new AFP check because mine had expired, more information on a criminal charge from the UK and a licence which i too don't think is required here in VIC either!? let me know if you hear anything back . i am waiting to hear back form my MA, will let you know how we proceed. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rik9 said:

Hi,

Sorry I don't know if my nomination has been approved. My companies MA says it is pending but they haven't been the fastest and uploading information to their portal.

Do you know if I can check independently?

Unfortunately, you can't import your Nomination into your Immi account to check, so you'll have to wait for the MA to tell you, sorry! It's a bit strange (but not unheard of) that the application is being looked at before the Nomination but hopefully it's a sign that your case is being looked at either way! Best of luck! 🙂

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Mmmbop said:

Oh also, are there any conditions on staying with the employer once the visa is granted? I heard this mentioned somewhere but can't find any information on it. Thanks!

From conversations I have had I don't think there is anything legally stopping you.  The Government know that in two years a lot can change and therefore the minimum stay is not always possible. The only things I can see, from in depth conversations with a lawyer, are the following:

- In your application you sign a declaration (page 14?) At least in mine I did that you and your company agree to work together for a min. of two years

If this is broken, this generally isn't an issue, however, if your company decide to complain to the department (for whatever reason) then your visa may get reviewed. Also, when you come to citizenship, your visa and previous application is again reviewed. Technically if you just quit the day you got it, that could look premeditated and therefore be fraud. As long as you can prove that you reasonably tried to stay with your employer or vice versa, then I'm sure it is not an issue.

All straight forward, but seems at the discretion of the CO at the time and the evidence supplied. All situations and reasons for leaving would be different.

Edited by slacey84
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mmmbop said:

Thanks @slacey84! That's really helpful.

Would you know about the question of whether or not it is advisable to lodge the application prior to nomination approval?

Hi @Mmmbop this is entirely up to you.  It just means if the nomination part is refused then you will lose the application fee of your visa.  That is the major risk.  Otherwise if nomination is all good and doesn't get refused and applied at the same time it may mean that your application is approved sooner - as in a lot of cases both nomination and visa approved on same day.

Seen in other cases where applicant waits until nomination approved then they apply and it is a further X amount of months (usual processing times or longer)

However in recent weeks looks like waiting times are decreasing - but then again this can change at any time.  Also with election and new Financial year coming up I am guessing this will slow down.

I would recommend using a MA for the business nomination at least - important that a good business case is built around the nomination as in recent months/past year Immigration are heavily scrutinizing applications.

Good luck 

7 minutes ago, sydneyishuk said:

Hi @Mmmbop this is entirely up to you.  It just means if the nomination part is refused then you will lose the application fee of your visa.  That is the major risk.  Otherwise if nomination is all good and doesn't get refused and applied at the same time it may mean that your application is approved sooner - as in a lot of cases both nomination and visa approved on same day.

Seen in other cases where applicant waits until nomination approved then they apply and it is a further X amount of months (usual processing times or longer)

However in recent weeks looks like waiting times are decreasing - but then again this can change at any time.  Also with election and new Financial year coming up I am guessing this will slow down.

I would recommend using a MA for the business nomination at least - important that a good business case is built around the nomination as in recent months/past year Immigration are heavily scrutinizing applications.

Good luck 

Thanks very much @sydneyishuk. Do you know how significant a risk the nomination being declined is?

Or roughly how long the nomination approval timeline is?

My employer is an established organisation with previously processed visas (including mine obviously)

15 minutes ago, Mmmbop said:

Thanks very much @sydneyishuk. Do you know how significant a risk the nomination being declined is?

Or roughly how long the nomination approval timeline is?

My employer is an established organisation with previously processed visas (including mine obviously)

You can have a look at the spreadsheet - there has been a few refusals in this community. (spreadsheet ENS 186 Timeline - Google Sheets ) look over various months 

Some common reasons...

- No genuine need for the employee - evidence not provided.

- insufficient evidence that the company can pay wage for 2 years

- Training Benchmarks (this will not affect you as replaced from 12/8/2018 with SAF Levy)

Nomination approval is the same as application processing times so at the moment the Immi website advises;

• 75% of applications: 12 months
  • 90% of applications: 13 months

But obviously can be processed outside these, could be a few months could be >13 months.

Edited by sydneyishuk
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, sydneyishuk said:

You can have a look at the spreadsheet - there has been a few refusals in this community. (spreadsheet ENS 186 Timeline - Google Sheets ) look over various months 

Some common reasons...

- No genuine need for the employee - evidence not provided.

- insufficient evidence that the company can pay wage for 2 years

- Training Benchmarks (this will not affect you as replaced from 12/8/2018 with SAF Levy)

Nomination approval is the same as application processing times so at the moment the Immi website advises;

• 75% of applications: 12 months
  • 90% of applications: 13 months

But obviously can be processed outside these, could be a few months could be >13 months.

Thanks - really good to know. I had no idea it could be as long as that!

2 hours ago, Joanne1986 said:

Unfortunately, you can't import your Nomination into your Immi account to check, so you'll have to wait for the MA to tell you, sorry! It's a bit strange (but not unheard of) that the application is being looked at before the Nomination but hopefully it's a sign that your case is being looked at either way! Best of luck! 🙂

Hi Joanne,

I received an update that the Nomination was approved  May 14, 2019. My migration agent said that they have never had a nomination approved that quickly so hopefully it means good things for the Visa application itself.

• Haha 1
  • Congratulations 5

26 minutes ago, Rik9 said:

Hi Joanne,

I received an update that the Nomination was approved  May 14, 2019. My migration agent said that they have never had a nomination approved that quickly so hopefully it means good things for the Visa application itself.

@Rik9 3 days from lodgement to nomination approval. By far the quickest I've even seen. 

You must have got something right! 

25 minutes ago, Mmmbop said:

Thanks - really good to know. I had no idea it could be as long as that!

It looks like from that spreadsheet waiting time average is down to about a month at the moment?! That seems incredible if so.

10 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Rik9 3 days from lodgement to nomination approval. By far the quickest I've even seen. 

You must have got something right! 

Yeah I hope so and 2 of those days were the weekend. I just wish I had done my medical before the initial assessment - It could have been a 3day 186 approval.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sydneyishuk said:

Good luck 

i have a similar situation. My nomination is approved but my visa application will be refused as i did not have a skill assessment at the time of the application. Immi advised they will refuse my visa. 

just wanting to know, can i re-apply the visa again? 

Can i use my existing approved nomination and re-apply ( nomination is still valid approved 18/04/19) 

my company is supporting this. just need you views will there be any drama is i re-apply using existing approved nomination? or will i have to apply the nomination again ?

I gave the DHA a call today, she explained that although she doesn't have visibility on specific CO actions, she said that since i last called (last month) the CO has actioned the application, she couldn't tell me specifics but said there was activity on my application this month from the CO. Hoping, praying that this is sorted soon.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ratu said:

i have a similar situation. My nomination is approved but my visa application will be refused as i did not have a skill assessment at the time of the application. Immi advised they will refuse my visa. 

just wanting to know, can i re-apply the visa again? 

Can i use my existing approved nomination and re-apply ( nomination is still valid approved 18/04/19) 

my company is supporting this. just need you views will there be any drama is i re-apply using existing approved nomination? or will i have to apply the nomination again ?

You must apply for the visa within 6 months of the nomination being approved.

You can re-apply under the approved nomination as long as same occupation etc... 

All good, good luck!

I have a child who is turning 18 years in June this year. Does anyone know what consequences this may have on the visa application (assuming we don't get it by then).

I do not have an MA to ask cause I have applied for the visa on my own.

2 hours ago, Rik9 said:

Hi Joanne,

That's brilliant! Congratulations!

I also just got my 'silver email' - my nomination was approved today. Fingers crossed the application approval follows swiftly! 🙂

• Congratulations 1

to be added to spreadsheet, best of luck everyone 

State: NSW
Birth Country: LR
Stream: ENS TRT 

Number of applicants: 1
ENS 186 
Nomination applied: 12 April 2019 
Visa Application submitted: 16 April 2019

IMMI Status: Received  

• Like 1