Hi Everyone, 

Me and my partner is waiting for our 186 visa which we applied last year May 2018,  we got this email from immigration on 4/04/2019 that soon CO for our file would be allotted. .

My employer updated all the information to date ..

Yesterday we got this message from  case  manager that the second applicant's ( my partner) business name on his online business is different than his name as he uses different name just  to name it easy for his clients but all his legal papers for business has his  original name... actually case manager checked his website and saw his changed name online..

I am sure we would be the first one to get this ... do anyone knows if it  can be a problem for our application.. any suggestion plzzzz

6 minutes ago, Saugat said:

Hi guys

Can anyone tell me when they got a request for a medical ,how long did they had to wait for the nomination roughly? 

I reckon within a month time if immigration requested you for the medicals.. 

36 minutes ago, Dip said:

Hi Everyone, 

Me and my partner is waiting for our 186 visa which we applied last year May 2018,  we got this email from immigration on 4/04/2019 that soon CO for our file would be allotted. .

Yesterday we got this message from  case  manager that the second applicant's ( my partner) business name on his online business is different than his name as he uses different name just  to name it easy for his clients but all his legal papers for business has his  original name... actually case manager checked his website and saw his changed name online..

I am sure we would be the first one to get this ... do anyone knows if it  can be a problem for our application.. any suggestion plzzzz

Yesterday? Did you receive an email from CO yesterday Saturday?

Omg it’s even impossible to understand the office time of immigration 😂😂.

Just now, Andytomas said:

Yesterday? Did you receive an email from CO yesterday Saturday?

Omg it’s even impossible to understand the office time of immigration 😂😂.

Well its very true , we always receive an update on sat ,🙄🙄 don't know if they work from home now ..

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dip said:

Hi Everyone, 

When did you apply ?

I have applied Nominations and visa August 2017 .still no response from the department . It’s so frustrating for me .I am checking immi account everyday but the status same received.Have tried in contact the department several time they told me not to disturb them because they with work according them .I am waiting from almost 21 months. I don’t now how long it will take for me. Getting demotivated day by day.

5 hours ago, Dip said:

Hi Everyone, 

Hi Dip,

There is nothing to worry because your partner can always justify that he used a different name to make it easier for his clients. 

As long as your partner has registered the same name under his ABN, you guys should be fine. Moreover didn’t you declare in the application that your partner is also being known with a different name.

Edited by AM19

23 minutes ago, Mick1983 said:

I have applied Nominations and visa August 2017 .still no response from the department . It’s so frustrating for me .I am checking immi account everyday but the status same received.Have tried in contact the department several time they told me not to disturb them because they with work according them .I am waiting from almost 21 months. I don’t now how long it will take for me. Getting demotivated day by day.

Hey mate it’s really hard to wait that long but I pray for you that you will get it soon you deserve that 

Hello guys,

My PR Visa granted around 2 weeks ago, the work has been so busy that I have to leave message now.

My time line is :

1st applied Nomination&Visa : 18 Oct 2017

Nomination refusal : 9 Feb 2018 (Reason : Is there a need to hire a small company??)

withdraw : 28 Feb 2018

2nd applied Nomination&Visa : 1 Mar 2018 (applied same company)

Visa lodged : 26 Mar 2018

waiting..waiting..waiting..waiting..

CO requested documents my wife and I, company : AFP (wife and me) Company (sales statement for each account, statement of account for the last 6 months, letter of support from the owner etc..) : 28 Jan 2019

Further assessment : 26 Feb 2019

Nomination approved : 8 Mar 2019

PR Visa granted : 3 Apr 2019

I pray that all applicants will have good results in a short period of time. GOOD LUCK!!

• Congratulations 12

9 hours ago, AM19 said:

Hi Dip,

There is nothing to worry because your partner can always justify that he used a different name to make it easier for his clients. 

As long as your partner has registered the same name under his ABN, you guys should be fine. Moreover didn’t you declare in the application that your partner is also being known with a different name.

Thanks for the reply , no he didnt  cause this name is no where on the papers , just his clients likes to call him by this name so just to get more business he kept this name on website .. 

5 hours ago, Uhaha said:

Hello guys,

My PR Visa granted around 2 weeks ago, the work has been so busy that I have to leave message now.

My time line is :

1st applied Nomination&Visa : 18 Oct 2017

Nomination refusal : 9 Feb 2018 (Reason : Is there a need to hire a small company??)

withdraw : 28 Feb 2018

2nd applied Nomination&Visa : 1 Mar 2018 (applied same company)

Visa lodged : 26 Mar 2018

waiting..waiting..waiting..waiting..

CO requested documents my wife and I, company : AFP (wife and me) Company (sales statement for each account, statement of account for the last 6 months, letter of support from the owner etc..) : 28 Jan 2019

Further assessment : 26 Feb 2019

Nomination approved : 8 Mar 2019

PR Visa granted : 3 Apr 2019

I pray that all applicants will have good results in a short period of time. GOOD LUCK!!

What did you do differently on the second application after your first nomination refusal? 

Thanks

Hello everyone!

We applied for our visa (DE stream, onshore) on 2 March 2018. At this point our status is still Received and we have received no updates at all. Full details in my signature (please may we be added to the spreadsheet?) 

Our police certificates remain valid until November 2019 (this is the second batch that we have applied for), but our medicals expired on 21st March. I have asked our MA if we .should re-do our medicals and they were 50/50. We are going overseas in early May for a few weeks so might do this when we get back. 

I understand we just have to wait, I'm trying to limit obsessively checking our immi account! We have lived here for 5 years now and just keeping my fingers crossed for our golden email asap! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SH1989 said:

Hello everyone!

We applied for our visa (DE stream, onshore) on 2 March 2018. At this point our status is still Received and we have received no updates at all. Full details in my signature (please may we be added to the spreadsheet?) 

Our police certificates remain valid until November 2019 (this is the second batch that we have applied for), but our medicals expired on 21st March. I have asked our MA if we .should re-do our medicals and they were 50/50. We are going overseas in early May for a few weeks so might do this when we get back. 

I understand we just have to wait, I'm trying to limit obsessively checking our immi account! We have lived here for 5 years now and just keeping my fingers crossed for our golden email asap! 

I applied on march 2018 too,no news yet,not even the “will be assessd soon” email from immigration that a lot of friends on this forum got. have you got it?

1 hour ago, lulumanda said:

I applied on march 2018 too,no news yet,not even the “will be assessd soon” email from immigration that a lot of friends on this forum got. have you got it?

No email for me either, I'm afraid! I have a colleague who from the came company who also applied on 2/3/18 (different occupation) and they are still Received as well, with no email received either. 

3 hours ago, SH1989 said:

Hello everyone!

I have waited since AUG 2017, my medicals did expire almost 1 year ago but my MA said it is up to the case officer to request a new one or not. Without a new request I dont think you can even do a new one?

We go on holidays in a month as well and if they request it while we are away we just have to do it from Europe. I am praying we get news before because this holiday was meant to be our celebration trip 🤭

I did not receive this email either, but I dont think anyone that has waited over a year received this email. However even people without this email got granted over the last few weeks so its not hopeless!

2 hours ago, SH1989 said:

No email for me either, I'm afraid! I have a colleague who from the came company who also applied on 2/3/18 (different occupation) and they are still Received as well, with no email received either. 

my colleagues from the same company got the emails,they applied on december 2018,seems like that the immigration have forgot us from march,sad

1 hour ago, Suusz said:

I have waited since AUG 2017, my medicals did expire almost 1 year ago but my MA said it is up to the case officer to request a new one or not. Without a new request I dont think you can even do a new one?

We go on holidays in a month as well and if they request it while we are away we just have to do it from Europe. I am praying we get news before because this holiday was meant to be our celebration trip 🤭

I did not receive this email either, but I dont think anyone that has waited over a year received this email. However even people without this email got granted over the last few weeks so its not hopeless!

I received the same advise from my MA too. My medical expired about a week ago and I asked if I should go for a new one. My MA said the exact same thing as your MA, to wait for the Dept’s advise.

However, she advised me to renew my AFP and overseas police clearances. 

Edited by Dep18

1 hour ago, Suusz said:

Don't loose hope..I too didnt get any emails, I am also waiting from 2017, 4 months later than you. Even those who applied after me from same company have their files assigned to CO.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I have been a quiet reader for a while, but I just got my nomination approved and I have some questions about it.

Do you guys know roughly how long it takes to have your visa accessed after your nomination is approved?
And I also would like to know how relevant is that? I'm celebrating either way because it is a step towards our golds ( me and my wife's ) but does this means the hardest part is passed and I'll probably get my visa soon?

Thanks in advance. 

• Congratulations 5